Hello all.

Foghorn

Elect
Reaction score
I'm new here. I am from the NE area of the US. Looking forward to some good discussions and meeting new friends.

Welcome

Are you a Christian, and if so, what sort? What led you to the forum?

I'm new here. I am from the NE area of the US. Looking forward to some good discussions and meeting new friends.
Welcome.

Glad to have you aboard. Some of us have been around for many years and 3 iterations of this site others are rather new, regardless we generally see each other as family.

Most people here keep their cards close to the vest, but you can feel free to share a little info if you like. Some of it comes out over time anyway.

Where your from
College you attended
Church background
Profession
Marital status and kids

Last edited:
Glad you found us! Help us with Alayman! He's got problems. 😂

Just channeling my inner BUFFA, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Touché!

I was actually hoping some oldtimer would recall that line😁

Yes, I am a Christian.
What do led you to the forum?

Most everyone here professes to be Christian; a couple here do not but we like to engage with them just the same.

The vast majority of believers here are of the Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB) variety or formerly thereof. Read through some posts (if you haven't already) and you'll see what I mean.

I first came to this forum around 2002 (a couple iterations ago). I became a believer while still in high school and after joining the Navy, was discipled first in a very conservative Southern Baptist church. After I was assigned my first duty station, I was discipled in IFB circles. After the Navy, I moved back to the west coast. I was still going to church, just not the IFB kind. After a dozen years or so, I began to wonder how the IFB movement was getting along and that's when I found this forum.

What do led you to the forum?

Most everyone here professes to be Christian; a couple here do not but we like to engage with them just the same.

The vast majority of believers here are of the Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB) variety or formerly thereof. Read through some posts (if you haven't already) and you'll see what I mean.

I first came to this forum around 2002 (a couple iterations ago). I became a believer while still in high school and after joining the Navy, was discipled first in a very conservative Southern Baptist church. After I was assigned my first duty station, I was discipled in IFB circles. After the Navy, I moved back to the west coast. I was still going to church, just not the IFB kind. After a dozen years or so, I began to wonder how the IFB movement was getting along and that's when I found this forum.
Well, I presently attend a second Congregational church.

I found this forum from doing a web search for Christian forums.