Hello all.

Well, I presently attend a second Congregational church.

I found this forum from doing a web search for Christian forums.
In previous iterations of this forum, (i.e. before 2010), you would have been called a liberal. Most of the people here are very conservative, but not fighting fundamentalists any more. Even the Hyles Anderson crowd are pretty calm.

In previous iterations of this forum, (i.e. before 2010), you would have been called a liberal. Most of the people here are very conservative, but not fighting fundamentalists any more. Even the Hyles Anderson crowd are pretty calm.
Why would I be called s liberal? Because of the church I attend?
It’s not a UCC member.

It’s not a UCC member.
Back then, anyone who was not independent, fundamental and baptist, specifically of the Hyles Anderson type, would be called liberal. They redefined liberal as someone who used a bible other than the King James, where women wore pants (as opposed to dresses at all times), or used contemporary music in worship as opposed to Traditional Hymns. There were other criteria, but those were prominent.

It’s not a UCC member.
Do you believe women have the Biblical warrant to pastor a church ?

welcome to the forum foghorn..... i saw your name and where you are from before i saw your avatar ....and for a moment thought you were referring to a foghorn on a ship... (the foghorn-leghorn cartoon was actually way before my time.... but i have seen it on retro channels)..... ... just out of curiosity why did you choose that name and avatar?..... .sometimes there is a story behind why forum members chose a certain name and picture.... sometimes not... but i was wondering......

i also am a member of a church that is christian congregational.... it actually is a ucc member but i am not church of christ myself.... i started going to it because i was already attending a sunday school class associated with it... but the teacher is closer to being a fundamental baptist than anything else

welcome to the forum foghorn..... i saw your name and where you are from before i saw your avatar ....and for a moment thought you were referring to a foghorn on a ship... (the foghorn-leghorn cartoon was actually way before my time.... but i have seen it on retro channels)..... ... just out of curiosity why did you choose that name and avatar?..... .sometimes there is a story behind why forum members chose a certain name and picture.... sometimes not... but i was wondering......

i also am a member of a church that is christian congregational.... it actually is a ucc member but i am not church of christ myself.... i started going to it because i was already attending a sunday school class associated with it... but the teacher is closer to being a fundamental baptist than anything else
Well it all started about 20 years ago, I tried to think of a name and Foghorn popped in my head. I thought of it mostly as a ship horn but most everyone thought it as the cartoon character, so that’s where it settled and I applied the pic.

Thanks for the welcome

Personally I do not believe I would attend if it was ucc. Unless the church was deciding to get out of the ucc.
As I do not agree with women pastors and their beliefs on homosexuals.

How I miss the good ol' days!

Personally I do not believe I would attend if it was ucc. Unless the church was deciding to get out of the ucc.
As I do not agree with women pastors and their beliefs on homosexuals.
when i first moved to this church from a lutheran church, they were adamantly against homosexuality and gay marriage.... so much so that they gave up a multi-million dollar wedding business that had attracted people from all over the world..... i don;t know what their stance is now but i knew the ucc itself had already changed it;s stance in favor of gay marriage at that time....

the lutheran church i had just left had once been conservative but had degraded itself into a glorified gay wedding chapel after obama gave his edict declaring gay marriage the law of the land ...and ordered that all churches performing weddings for non members had to go along and marry same sex couples too.... ...

but churches in hawaii can seldom be judged by their affiliations or names... .most were always more conservative than their mainland sister churches and in general about 20 years behind them in putting progressive ideas into practice....

i am still a member at the christian congregational church but i have not entered the sanctuary or attended a service held in it for a long time now.... and i won;t until they remove and re-bury all the hawaiian remains they dug up from a cemetery and have stored in boxes in the sanctuary basement...... ..... .i;m in sunday school every sunday... but the actual church service i usually attend is at another church where i sometimes fill in with a special music ensemble... and where the majority of my friends go to church..... it;s also very conservative and has even gone against the latest liberal teachings and edicts of it;s denominational leaders.... which are in rome....