Hides List of Abusers

Bob Jones V

Elect
Reaction score
Last edited:
Not surprised. The SBC has been a hot mess as of late. They're still on the fence about leaning to the left and some are advocating CRT. What will they do next? Have female pastors? Advocate Gay Marriage and abortion??

Schaap has only been out of the pokey for a couple of weeks and he's already causing trouble in the SBC!

Schaap has only been out of the pokey for a couple of weeks and he's already causing trouble in the SBC!
Got any proof of this? A link? A news report? I'm and SBC member and haven't heard a thing!

Pastor arrested for DUI hours after threatening to disrupt SBC annual meeting (no alcohol in his system)​

Hall did not have alcohol in his system, passed police blood alcohol test; church says pastor has vitamin D deficiency
By Leonardo Blair, Senior Features Reporter
Jordan Daniel “J.D.” Hall leads Fellowship Baptist Church in Sidney, Montana. | Screengrab: YouTube/Fellowship Baptist Church
Fellowship Baptist Church in Sidney, Montana, declared Monday that it has rejected an offer from Pastor Jordan Daniel “J.D.” Hall to resign following a recent arrest on weapons and DUI charges which they attributed to a vitamin D deficiency.
A report from the Sidney Police Department cited by Sidney Herald said Hall, 40, who has been a fierce critic of the Southern Baptist Convention and high profile church leaders through his now defunct website Pulpit & Pen and more recently, Protestia, was arrested on May 11 at approximately 11 p.m. on suspicion of carrying a concealed weapon and multiple traffic violations while driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
His arrest came just hours after he threatened to “control the mics” and offer strong rebuke at the upcoming Southern Baptist Convention annual meeting to be held in Anaheim, California, next month.
“Dear #SBC2022, me and my boys will control the mics, and rebuke is on the agenda. My attorney will be with me in person and any attempt to silence us will swiftly [be] handled with immediate litigation,” Hall tweeted.
Police said in an officer's report that when they approached Hall, he spoke slowly, his eyes were watery, closed slowly and deliberately, and his speech was slurred and mumbled. He also stumbled, displayed poor balance and performed poorly on a field sobriety test. No alcohol, however, was found in his system when a blood alcohol test was administered.
Hall, who is now scheduled to appear in the Sidney City Court on June 6 at 9 a.m., also had a Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Shield handgun which was found under his coat in an inside-the-waistband holster during his arrest, the report added.
Fellowship Baptist Church said Hall, 40, who is also known for his abrasive street preaching, offered to resign a day after his arrest “for bringing the stain of rumor upon the church” when news of his DUI began spreading on social media, but they rejected it because he did no wrong.
“Pastor Hall tenured his resignation to the church Thursday after being charged with DUI on Wednesday evening. There was no alcohol in his system and he blew 0.0 on the administered breathalyzer. However, police insisted Pastor Hall failed the administered field sobriety test,” Fellowship Baptist Church said in a statement Monday.
“Pastor Hall has suffered from documented vitamin D deficiency, which can result in poor coordination, slurred speech, word displacement, etc. This medical issue has been discussed openly for some time and has been the subject of our church’s prayers. Nonetheless, Pastor Hall felt responsibility for bringing the stain of rumor upon the church and thus offered his resignation,” the church added.
Hall did not immediately respond to questions from The Christian Post on Wednesday about the kind of Vitamin D supplements, if any, or other specific medication he was taking that caused the symptoms he exhibited during his arrest. He was also asked why he offered to resign when his church said he had done no wrong.
“The deacons and elders met … and rejected his (Hall’s) resignation in consultation with three well-respected and Godly pastors of other churches, as it was unanimously determined that, as no alcohol was used and Pastor Hall’s coordination/health issues have been well known, this unfortunate incident was not ministerially disqualifying,” Fellowship Baptist Church said.
The church further noted that: “The deacons, elders, and consulted pastors were apprised of Pastor Hall’s prescription medication, health issues, and spiritual, emotional, and physical state, and expressed great concern for his health and overworking.”
They concluded that “Hall was exhausted, potentially addicted to working, and must rest, do nothing for 3 months, and change his phone number (to not be bothered by outsiders).”
Along with other leadership support, the church said the elders will now handle Hall’s responsibilities while he rests and “leadership will place Pastor Hall’s wife in charge of when after that period he is well enough to go back to work, in consultation with the elders.”
Church leaders also made it clear that the congregation fully supports their actions.
“Pastor Hall spoke to the congregation to say he would submit to their requests, would come or go at our pleasure, and agreed to remain in his office at our request. He cautioned us solemnly to be ready for what enemies of Christ would do with his situation and to brace themselves,” the statement said. “The congregation spoke openly to assure Pastor Hall he should not be ashamed, that we do not care what the world thinks, as [sic] that we know the truth.”

Pastor arrested for DUI hours after threatening to disrupt SBC annual meeting (no alcohol in his system)​

Hall did not have alcohol in his system, passed police blood alcohol test; church says pastor has vitamin D deficiency
By Leonardo Blair, Senior Features Reporter
Jordan Daniel “J.D.” Hall leads Fellowship Baptist Church in Sidney, Montana. | Screengrab: YouTube/Fellowship Baptist Church
Fellowship Baptist Church in Sidney, Montana, declared Monday that it has rejected an offer from Pastor Jordan Daniel “J.D.” Hall to resign following a recent arrest on weapons and DUI charges which they attributed to a vitamin D deficiency.
A report from the Sidney Police Department cited by Sidney Herald said Hall, 40, who has been a fierce critic of the Southern Baptist Convention and high profile church leaders through his now defunct website Pulpit & Pen and more recently, Protestia, was arrested on May 11 at approximately 11 p.m. on suspicion of carrying a concealed weapon and multiple traffic violations while driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
His arrest came just hours after he threatened to “control the mics” and offer strong rebuke at the upcoming Southern Baptist Convention annual meeting to be held in Anaheim, California, next month.
“Dear #SBC2022, me and my boys will control the mics, and rebuke is on the agenda. My attorney will be with me in person and any attempt to silence us will swiftly [be] handled with immediate litigation,” Hall tweeted.
Police said in an officer's report that when they approached Hall, he spoke slowly, his eyes were watery, closed slowly and deliberately, and his speech was slurred and mumbled. He also stumbled, displayed poor balance and performed poorly on a field sobriety test. No alcohol, however, was found in his system when a blood alcohol test was administered.
Hall, who is now scheduled to appear in the Sidney City Court on June 6 at 9 a.m., also had a Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Shield handgun which was found under his coat in an inside-the-waistband holster during his arrest, the report added.
Fellowship Baptist Church said Hall, 40, who is also known for his abrasive street preaching, offered to resign a day after his arrest “for bringing the stain of rumor upon the church” when news of his DUI began spreading on social media, but they rejected it because he did no wrong.
“Pastor Hall tenured his resignation to the church Thursday after being charged with DUI on Wednesday evening. There was no alcohol in his system and he blew 0.0 on the administered breathalyzer. However, police insisted Pastor Hall failed the administered field sobriety test,” Fellowship Baptist Church said in a statement Monday.
“Pastor Hall has suffered from documented vitamin D deficiency, which can result in poor coordination, slurred speech, word displacement, etc. This medical issue has been discussed openly for some time and has been the subject of our church’s prayers. Nonetheless, Pastor Hall felt responsibility for bringing the stain of rumor upon the church and thus offered his resignation,” the church added.
Hall did not immediately respond to questions from The Christian Post on Wednesday about the kind of Vitamin D supplements, if any, or other specific medication he was taking that caused the symptoms he exhibited during his arrest. He was also asked why he offered to resign when his church said he had done no wrong.
“The deacons and elders met … and rejected his (Hall’s) resignation in consultation with three well-respected and Godly pastors of other churches, as it was unanimously determined that, as no alcohol was used and Pastor Hall’s coordination/health issues have been well known, this unfortunate incident was not ministerially disqualifying,” Fellowship Baptist Church said.
The church further noted that: “The deacons, elders, and consulted pastors were apprised of Pastor Hall’s prescription medication, health issues, and spiritual, emotional, and physical state, and expressed great concern for his health and overworking.”
They concluded that “Hall was exhausted, potentially addicted to working, and must rest, do nothing for 3 months, and change his phone number (to not be bothered by outsiders).”
Along with other leadership support, the church said the elders will now handle Hall’s responsibilities while he rests and “leadership will place Pastor Hall’s wife in charge of when after that period he is well enough to go back to work, in consultation with the elders.”
Church leaders also made it clear that the congregation fully supports their actions.
“Pastor Hall spoke to the congregation to say he would submit to their requests, would come or go at our pleasure, and agreed to remain in his office at our request. He cautioned us solemnly to be ready for what enemies of Christ would do with his situation and to brace themselves,” the statement said. “The congregation spoke openly to assure Pastor Hall he should not be ashamed, that we do not care what the world thinks, as [sic] that we know the truth.”
And? This was a big deal on the "Southern Baptists" site on FB...If he's got a documented problem and blew a 0 on this breathalyzer test, I don't know that this is really news. It's the same as what would go on with a diabetic....Just another attempt to make a big deal out of nothing.

Does anyone know where he is? Please post if you do. The local law enforcement needs to know. He will be on parole, but the locals need a heads up.

If he is on parole, he is required to check in with his parole officer regularly, and he is limited to living in whatever state the parole board allows. His PO has to approve hm moving.
Yes. I understand that. Local law enforcement are many times not notified of someone like him in town. He could slip through the cracks. It happens all the time. He has always been a shifty character, so my concern is for the potential victims. If my abuser had been reported properly, I would likely have never been assaulted.

That is hard to control. We had a guy come to our Addiction recovery group for months (a church of 5000), amd after that long, he revealed to one of the leaders and I that he had gone to prison for sexual sin. We researched and found he was a registered sex offender, level 3, which we do not permit to come to our church services unchaperoned. We talked to him and he disappeared. I'm just saying that it is hard. They have to register, and some localities will publicize lists of locally resident sex offenders, but not all cities allow that.
Not a thing...just another attempt to deflect from the issue. Typical of people who have NOTHING to contribute!

Huh? Are you sayng that I have nothing to contribute?
Nope...I'm saying that PEOPLE often deflect from the issue and introduce subject matter that has NOTHING to do with the OP....Usually, people that are uncomfortable with the material/subject matter being discussed. Does that fit you? I believe you to be one who usually stays on subject.

Yeah, I posted the OP. The covering up of abusers is rampant in the SBC, but that is more a result of the structure of the SBC. They are not really a denomination. The SBC is more like an association of churches. The Executive Committee doesn't have the kind of authority that Bishops etc have in the Methodist church.

II really want to hear people's ideas about whether they think THE SBC will continue.
Personally, being a member of an SBC church, I don't see it dissolving. There might be an exodus of some churches, but, from what I can tell from the posts on the "Southern Baptists" forum on FB, there are many who want the SBC to survive. I don't really give a hoot if it does or not. It's just an association of churches, not a denomination. It will survive in one form or another.

The SBC had turmoil before this was released and this will certainly exacerbate the issues. They have issues galore without Schaap.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the SBC ultimately divides in some way. But I’ve been wrong before.

The SBC had turmoil before this was released and this will certainly exacerbate the issues. They have issues galore without Schaap.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the SBC ultimately divides in some way. But I’ve been wrong before.
Most likely they will. They seemed to be already divided when they elected a new president.

Most likely they will. They seemed to be already divided when they elected a new president.
The vote to get Ed Litton in was tainted from the start. The two who were running that were far more conservative were stymied by the powers that be. I look for the SBC to split, and I think it will probably be a good thing. Churches are leaving right and left.

The vote to get Ed Litton in was tainted from the start. The two who were running that were far more conservative were stymied by the powers that be. I look for the SBC to split, and I think it will probably be a good thing. Churches are leaving right and left.

I can definitely see the SBC splitting up. They were the last of the mainline denominations to avoid being "liberal" but with with all the turmoil and tragedies of 2020 they decided it was time to become liberal/embrace CRT etc. Many of the hardcore SBC's are up in arms over the whole matter. The church of the Nazarene looks to have officially made the jump. There are several in my area that have female pastors, rainbow flags etc. How much longer until the SBC starts putting out rainbow flags at their churches?

Will the SBC go down over this?

The report asserts that an Executive Committee staffer maintained a list of Baptist ministers accused of abuse, but there is no indication anyone “took any action to ensure that the accused ministers were no longer in positions of power at SBC churches.”
I'm SBC and have no plans to change.
There needs to be a complete housecleaning of the Executive Committee at the convention this summer. The whole EC needs to go and an outside firm be hired to do their job while the Convention decides what to replace them with. No past or present member of the EC needs to ever have any position of leadership within the SBC in any capacity again. The "400" need to be made public and class action lawsuits filed on behalf of the victims naming the individual abusers, their churches and individual members of the EC who covered up the abuse.
Jubal Sackett

I sure do like Voddie Baucham. He has a strong stance against CRT and BLM and even ponders why Black Christians refuse to see that CRT/BLM is Marxism.