How the Z Factor Convinced a University Geologist of a Young Earth

Ekklesian

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
To my surprise, Pastor X shifted from gap theory to a ‘day-age’ view, saying, “Ah, but doesn’t Scripture say ‘a day is like a thousand years’?” I began to point out that 2 Peter 3:8 is simply teaching that what might seem like a long time to us waiting for the second coming of Christ is as nothing to the eternal God, and has nothing at all to do with the meaning of ‘day’ in Genesis 1, otherwise you might similarly invoke Psalm 90:4 to argue a night watch is a thousand years long!5 But before I had a chance to utter more than a few words, we were interrupted by an abrupt knock at the door, which immediately burst open, and a well-dressed gentleman aged about 50 said to Pastor X, “I need to ask a question.”
Then the man turned to me, saying, “Your presentation today has been incredibly useful to me, answering so many of my questions, and I’ve just bought these books you recommended which I expect will answer more. But I need an answer to this question right now: What about coal?”

To my surprise, Pastor X shifted from gap theory to a ‘day-age’ view, saying, “Ah, but doesn’t Scripture say ‘a day is like a thousand years’?” I began to point out that 2 Peter 3:8 is simply teaching that what might seem like a long time to us waiting for the second coming of Christ is as nothing to the eternal God, and has nothing at all to do with the meaning of ‘day’ in Genesis 1, otherwise you might similarly invoke Psalm 90:4 to argue a night watch is a thousand years long!5 But before I had a chance to utter more than a few words, we were interrupted by an abrupt knock at the door, which immediately burst open, and a well-dressed gentleman aged about 50 said to Pastor X, “I need to ask a question.”
Then the man turned to me, saying, “Your presentation today has been incredibly useful to me, answering so many of my questions, and I’ve just bought these books you recommended which I expect will answer more. But I need an answer to this question right now: What about coal?”

Since the earth is about 5784 years old. Its very plausible that coal would have been formed.

Since the earth is about 5784 years old. Its very plausible that coal would have been formed.
Proof that the world is about 5784 years old??? There is none. Coal would have been formed because there was coal in the first place. The world was created, and all things put into place...the trees...they weren't sapplings....the rivers...they weren't creeks or streams the lakes...they weren't ponds...the earth was created aged.

How wrong you are. 5784 is the year on the Hebrew calendar not 2024
and that means it has been 5784 years since creation.

The Hebrews didn't go all the way back to day one...sorry...try again?

Mush to your horrific ignorance of the Old Covenant they did.

Mush to your horrific ignorance of the Old Covenant they did.
Don't you mean 'much?" I have a lot of information concerning the Old Covenant. They didn't I don't see one rabbi, pharisee, scribe, etc in the Garden. I didn't see any in the Ark during the flood. Wow...I didn't see any until God told Abram to leave his father's land to go to a land where he would send him.

"Rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not devoting themselves to Jewish myths and the commands of people who turn away from the truth" (Titus 1:14).

"Rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not devoting themselves to Jewish myths and the commands of people who turn away from the truth" (Titus 1:14).
Excuse me for not getting back with you sooner I was in my Jacuzzi with a couple of strawberry daiquiri's.
That's a rebuke to pagan Gentiles.
Remember who is saying it and to whom it is being said to.

Don't you mean 'much?" I have a lot of information concerning the Old Covenant. They didn't I don't see one rabbi, pharisee, scribe, etc in the Garden. I didn't see any in the Ark during the flood. Wow...I didn't see any until God told Abram to leave his father's land to go to a land where he would send him.
That's the trouble you don't see. There were sages and the priesthood. The is oral and written rabbinic law.

That's the trouble you don't see. There were sages and the priesthood. The is oral and written rabbinic law.
You make me laugh with the ignorance you're spewing. If you're Hebrew we all are!

You are not a hebrew. You are pagan and an undesirable.
Right... you're probably some Arab or Nazi sympathizer. Your arguments and comebacks are weak. The short bus is coming early for ya tomorrow.

Right... you're probably some Arab or Nazi sympathizer. Your arguments and comebacks are weak. The short bus is coming early for ya tomorrow.
What drugs are you on?
I think someone is coming to take you to the train station!
Laila tov

What drugs are you on?
I think someone is coming to take you to the train station!
Laila tov
Sorry I don't do trains or planes. I saw your short bus being washed to be ready for you tomorrow. Make sure to be on time

Sorry I don't do trains or planes. I saw your short bus being washed to be ready for you tomorrow. Make sure to be on time
You will when Rip comes for you.
Besides I don't do buses only limousines and Lincolns. You might qualify to be my chauffeur. Are you black?

The 12 Messianic Jewish apostles wrote the New Testament to educate and teach Gentile believers. Boy was that a failure!