I believe things have gone too far.

Tim

Elect
Reaction score
When you frighten people away by bully rhetoric ... I believe things have gone too far.

It isn't about fighting with insults and bathroom talk. It is supposed to be about fighting, or taking a stand, for the fundamentals of the faith in a Christian manner.

I won't drag names into this. But. Until certain people return and feel welcome, I won't feel welcome as a Christian since some of the people who left are friends, not enemies.

So. Here is the thing. Tim was a little confused and thought the forum was a sound place to mingle with other brothers and sisters of the faith in Jesus Christ. WRONG! That is actually located at the bowling alley on Thursdays when all the guys from the local Church get together. Got it!

Tim said:
When you frighten people away by bully rhetoric ... I believe things have gone too far.

It isn't about fighting with insults and bathroom talk. It is supposed to be about fighting, or taking a stand, for the fundamentals of the faith in a Christian manner.

I won't drag names into this. But. Until certain people return and feel welcome, I won't feel welcome as a Christian since some of the people who left are friends, not enemies.

If you are talking about me and my comments on the thread with Stephen Anderson's videos, then you need to listen to those videos. I am quoting from Stephen Anderson.

I have never seen so much whining on a voluntary forum...this is not real life, and if you take it so seriously, maybe this place or any other like it is not for you.  I am here, when I am here, voluntarily, I can not be here the same way.  Stop the third grade whining to the principal!

Tim said:
T-Bone said:
I have never seen so much whining on a voluntary forum...this is not real life, and if you take it so seriously, maybe this place or any other like it is not for you.  I am here, when I am here, voluntarily, I can not be here the same way.  Stop the third grade whining to the principal!

You are right. I just thought the forum provided a certain degree of common Christian principles behind all the fun. I didn't know sowing discord was allowed.
The hope on a forum like this is civilized debate. The reality is far far different. Name calling, mud slinging, open hostility, and a host of other unChristian things.

It is getting better... some of the greatest offenders have left and others are now just lurking.

Tim said:
FSSL said:
Tim said:

If you are talking about me and my comments on the thread with Stephen Anderson's videos, then you need to listen to those videos. I am quoting from Stephen Anderson.

I am well aware of the content of those videos. Stephen has become a forum toy. I never was amused by it.

Being away for over a week cooled me down in regards to the nudity topics. Returning, I still feel that situation wasn't handled properly. A simple difference of opinion turned into debate, mud slinging, and harassment. And, in the end, a game of thread locking.

Now. Being back I see the game isn't really over, the powers to be playing troll, and good people hurt.

And then, those offended "easily" are made fun of.

I think some need to spend the same amount of time I had off the forum and reflect on these things.

This post offends me.  :)

Why is it so difficult for us to just take this place for what it is....and for what it basically always has been...in all of its various incarnations. This place is tame compared to the old forum when I first started posting. Again, there is NO right to not be offended. I have taken offense here on more than one occasion, and have sometimes not responded well to said offense. I'm trying to do better, but the problem is mine and not the offenders...no one can make me or you do anything. We are responsible for ourselves.

As to Mater and r2, I wish they were still here. I corresponded with Mater often thru PM's trying to reconcile his offense toward me...and he was always gracious. We ultimately had to agree to disagree. While I thought r2 was very hard to deal with, he had the right to be what he was, as do I and you. Mater did cross the line as to the picture. There probably was too much made of the whole thing but Mater wouldn't let it go any more than FSSL.

As to the Steven Anderson vids, I agree with you he is too stupid to deserve the time or attention we gave him....but that's just my opinion and no one here is bound by my opinion.

I largely have no specifics about the nude picture because I didn't read the thread(s). But I have had my share of give and take here, sometimes passionately but hopefully mostly good-natured.  At the end of the day though we are in the same tribe. We bicker and even fight but most of us would defend one another outside the tribe, just like a family would. For me, I come here for the give and take. I never go to the "Fellowship Forum" as I get enough of that in "real life" but it's not like you can "fight" just anytime you like in the real world either. :) 

We all come here for different reasons but hopefully the good far surpasses the uncomfortable.

FSSL said:
It is getting better... some of the greatest offenders have left and others are now just lurking.
We also have lost/are losing some of the best/most interesting posters. If we lose more, there'll be little reason for anyone to stick around. IMHO, time to start reversing the trend... if it isn't too late.

Nobody left because they were frightened. Some left because they could no longer have their way.

Tim said:
FSSL said:
Nobody left because they were frightened. Some left because they could no longer have their way.

If I ran a forum, I would view it as another room in my house for entertaining guest and friends. I would ask those continually abusing my room to leave, but, also entertain the guest & friends and not harass them when they publicly express distress or different views.

These days I view the forum as a real interaction with men and women of faith. So. In short I expect the same respect found in a real room vs this virtual room.

In the past I have been told to mature, respect the forum, grow up, and don't troll more times than I can count. I have been working on that and have placed myself among those I have grown to know online. In a way I have desired to show fruits of repentance of past conduct.

I find it sad when the behavior I was once told to stop is now apparently embraced to some degree.

For me this isn't about a take it or leave it forum where content doesn't matter. I believe every word entered into the forum will count to our Christian conduct that God observes. And, yes, it might be that the forum is for healthy fighting over our differences in doctrine. But, the Love of Christ must abound.

Frighten away is too harsh. I think many just left becasue they were hurt and felt unfairly treated in a room of the admins house. I'd leave a house where the host mocked, made fun of me, and placed the sign "kick me" on my back.

That's my 2 cents worth anyway.

Guess I can just go back to my troll days since that seems okay now.

I have not had a problem with you or your conduct on the forum, at least nothing that stands out to me now. I still don't...and I get your point even though I don't agree.

I don't look for the same things from the fff that you do...but that makes the world go around.
This isn't a home or a fellowship hall, it's the FIGHTING Forum.
There is also a FELLOWSHIP Forum.

Other than Mater, r2 and Alayman, I don't know who has left...and I'm not sure they are gone permanently....I hope not. But they were on different sides of that particular great divide.

The forum is a place to seriously debate issues, but it is also a place where dead horses are perpetually beaten. And, on those particular threads, I am sarcastic, use hyperbole and purposely say things to tweak the tweak-able. But, to argue with someone today doesn't mean I can't be amiable and even pray for them tomorrow. It's not personal, but simply the fff. Some people, me included once in awhile, have taken things too far and too seriously...but that tends to be what happens when people argue over things they feel passionately about.

Apologies are sometimes made and we move on....

Alayman has taken a temporary break.
RSC2A lurks
Tomato will be back

FSSL said:
RSC2A lurks
Tomato will be back

As sand through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives! ;)

Tim, we are also sinners who from time to time get into it. After everything blows over, we come, kiss and make up, and get back into it. I think you take this too seriously. If you want real life interaction, get more involved with your local assembly, go street evangelism, or go preach in front of an abortion clinic, all would be more fruitful.

FSSL said:
RSC2A lurks
Tomato will be back

I spoke to Alayman a couple of weeks ago and I think he will be back.
By the way, we need to continue to pray for his wife and his family.
She is recuperating well at last report.

And I hope r2 and Mater do return, but if they don't I don't see it as a fff death blow. Remember, Mater left once before.... :)

It's truly troubling that the forum bosses track who is visiting.

Sick.