I love hot Bibles

Never have been a fan of Shania! My brother used to clean her bus....
Well, she wasn't parodying the song, just doing the "Male Version" of the Robert Palmer girls (Eye candy, nothing upstairs, Etc.)

Aside from that, Shania is just being... Shania!
i never was a fan of shania twain either... ... but from the looks of it i would gather that the palmer girls had a lot more upstairs than the shania boys do.... and they probably got paid better too..... by the way.... the whole reason a look alike / sound alike contest came to mind in my answer to the op - is that many years ago waikiki held a palmer girl look alike contest... for that one day the streets in waikiki were over run with women dressed like a palmer girl... .... and.. someone who has become an integral part of our family was one of the contestants.......this was a few years before my time in hawaii began and i wasn;t there to see it.... but i have seen pictures....:sneaky:

Last edited:
but from the looks of it i would gather that the palmer girls had a lot more upstairs than the shania boys do....
Not so sure about that. They were models, not musicians, and from what I've heard, the producers gave up trying to choreograph them or make them look like they knew how to play the instruments. And it shows. Good concept for a video, but not so good in the execution.

i never was a fan of shania twain either...
As much as I’ve always liked country music, same here, I just never got a liking for Shania. I will give her credit though for breaking the Canadian glass ceiling for country music. Personally, I think Terri Clark was the better singer representing Canadian country music.

Not so sure about that. They were models, not musicians, and from what I've heard, the producers gave up trying to choreograph them or make them look like they knew how to play the instruments. And it shows. Good concept for a video, but not so good in the execution.
I was thinking the opposite, that they purposely cast models who were "not" musicians and made it as obvious as possible that they did not know how to play which, to me, made it even more comical!

I was thinking the opposite, that they purposely cast models who were "not" musicians and made it as obvious as possible that they did not know how to play which, to me, made it even more comical!
The Wikipedia article on the song implies it was unintentional, but if it was on purpose, that's just as good!

As much as I’ve always liked country music, same here, I just never got a liking for Shania. I will give her credit though for breaking the Canadian glass ceiling for country music.
Anne Murray was an international superstar in the 1970s, and K. D. Lang was winning Grammys when Shania Twain was singing in bars in Sudbury and Timmins.

That's not a reflection on Shania's own talent. It's just an accident of birth. Plus, like Murray, she's a crossover artist, which gives her broader appeal than, say, Lang or Clark, who stayed more within the country genre.

Anne Murray was an international superstar in the 1970s, and K. D. Lang was winning Grammys when Shania Twain was singing in bars in Sudbury and Timmins.

That's not a reflection on Shania's own talent. It's just an accident of birth. Plus, like Murray, she's a crossover artist, which gives her broader appeal than, say, Lang or Clark, who stayed more within the country genre.
KD Lang is kinda her own thing! Great singer though.

Anne Murray
Absolutely! She was oozing talent—and number 1 hits.
K. D. Lang
Meh…color me unimpressed. Lang was good at winning awards as the less-talented sidekick in duets with big stars. (I should add that I’m strictly focusing on the country music side of music. I know Lang was a crossover artist.)

This is terrible, but it's burrowing into my brain like a Ceti eel from Wrath of Khan. Someone please help.

Oh I could see a follow up CD with more mind eating eels working to the beat of your favorite spiritualized songs such as:

I like Big Bibles (and I cannot lie.....)

It's all about that Grace (that grace, no trouble)

Goliath paradise

I'm an Esther Girl(in an Esther world)

The possibilities are endless....

Oh one more..

(Hey, I just met you and this crazy) Call me Maybe .....** Warning**, May contain light notes of Armenian doctrine

🙃

Last edited:
Meh…color me unimpressed. Lang was good at winning awards as the less-talented sidekick in duets with big stars. (I should add that I’m strictly focusing on the country music side of music. I know Lang was a crossover artist.)
Her early work is very much traditional country rather than crossover, and it's quite good. Check out her album Shadowlands. (I say that as not much of a country fan.) Pity her personal life largely overshadowed her talent in the early 90s.