I remember him, and his wife...sad

Sad, sad story for all involved.  Knew him from college.

Once the conviction is reached, I'll post the whole story of how he was discovered.

Haklo

Glad he has finally been busted by the criminal system.  He has been doing this stuff for ar least 22 years.

Binaca Chugger said:
Glad he has finally been busted by the criminal system.  He has been doing this stuff for at least 22 years.

You knew this?

Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Glad he has finally been busted by the criminal system.  He has been doing this stuff for at least 22 years.

You knew this?

If people knew this behavior was going on why would they remain quiet?

Why would someone let other victims get hurt?

sword said:
Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:

You knew this?

Yes, I knew.  I reported to adults in authority who did not believe my story.  Adults in her life did not believe her story.  I helped the young girl escape.  She moved out of state to a safer place.

Remember, I am an HB punk, so abuse, sexual misconduct and cover ups were a normal part of the world around me.

Binaca Chugger said:
sword said:
Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:

You knew this?

Yes, I knew.  I reported to adults in authority who did not believe my story.  Adults in her life did not believe her story.  I helped the young girl escape.  She moved out of state to a safer place.

Remember, I am an HB punk, so abuse, sexual misconduct and cover ups were a normal part of the world around me.
Was she a minor?

If so, what did the police have to say?

She moved to Hammond with her family.  Jonas started making his moves.  She was a friend of mine.  If nothing else, hyles was teaching loyalty to friends.  We talked to the adults in our lives, but kept it fairly quiet.  I think a couple others in the teen group knew about it.  Individually, we got the same line:  He is a good man...She probably is exaggerating or misunderstood...etc.  It didn't help that at the time I had a reputation as a rebel punk and Jonas was a ministry leader of some type and the girl was unknown.  We didn't go to the cops.  Remember, at the time, this behavior from authority was normal.  I was fed up and decided that I was done letting nothing happen.  I helped arrange for her to go back to her home area to family that would take her in because her immediate family wouldn't hear it.

I really do understand why the statute of limitations needs to be removed.

...and people wondered why I was a "rebel." 

I am in my third decade of ministry, but I know the reasons why so many HB Punks walked away from church.

...I won't be surprised when a few more names hit the wire one day.

Well, you know, protecting the ministry was far more important.....

Binaca Chugger said:
She moved to Hammond with her family.  Jonas started making his moves.  She was a friend of mine.  If nothing else, hyles was teaching loyalty to friends.  We talked to the adults in our lives, but kept it fairly quiet.  I think a couple others in the teen group knew about it.  Individually, we got the same line:  He is a good man...She probably is exaggerating or misunderstood...etc.  It didn't help that at the time I had a reputation as a rebel punk and Jonas was a ministry leader of some type and the girl was unknown.  We didn't go to the cops.  Remember, at the time, this behavior from authority was normal.  I was fed up and decided that I was done letting nothing happen.  I helped arrange for her to go back to her home area to family that would take her in because her immediate family wouldn't hear it.

Yep. Especially those who had the Dave Hyles Youth Director experience.

Binaca Chugger said:
I am in my third decade of ministry, but I know the reasons why so many HB Punks walked away from church.

sword said:
Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:

You knew this?

Good question.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk