I remember watching her Tattoo show on TV years ago. Kat Von D

The throwing out of books and the following the Lord in believer's baptism is definitely a good sign.

Never heard of her before but I'd love to hear her testimony.

Same here.

And this thread reminded of this old song…

Wally, the bus driver for the servicemen's ministry at Bellevue Baptist when I was attending there, commented about the Oak Ridge Boys, "They began singin' about Jesus and now they sing about whiskey."

Wally, the bus driver for the servicemen's ministry at Bellevue Baptist when I was attending there, commented about the Oak Ridge Boys, "They began singin' about Jesus and now they sing about whiskey."
Haha, somewhat true. Of course in those days if you were a good fundy it meant listening to anything other than FBCH approved hymns or Patch the Pirate was of da debil, lol.

Haha, somewhat true. Of course in those days if you were a good fundy it meant listening to anything other than FBCH approved hymns or Patch the Pirate was of da debil, lol.
Bellevue Baptist is SBC. Adrian Rogers was pastor at the time.

Bellevue Baptist is SBC. Adrian Rogers was pastor at the time.
I know, but you were a budding fundy on the way eventually to PCC at the time, right? Besides that, though any self-respecting Fundy would deny it, doctrinally speaking there wasn’t any difference between Rogers and IFBs, lol.

True dat... according to even the "more sensible" brand of IFB I hooked up with, Adrian Rogers was a good man trying to save a sinking ship.

At the time, I didn't know IFB from SBC. To me, they were all sound churches opposed to the poison of liberalism. True too, after about 6 months at Bellevue, I was pretty well seasoned to make the leap into IFBdom due to similar feelings toward compromise.

I did fall into several of the traps of IFB but for the most part, I was well trained and the things I needed to abandon were easily abandoned.

True dat... according to even the "more sensible" brand of IFB I hooked up with, Adrian Rogers was a good man trying to save a sinking ship.

At the time, I didn't know IFB from SBC. To me, they were all sound churches opposed to the poison of liberalism. True too, after about 6 months at Bellevue, I was pretty well seasoned to make the leap into IFBdom due to similar feelings toward compromise.

I did fall into several of the traps of IFB but for the most part, I was well trained and the things I needed to abandon were easily abandoned.
I'm still kicking myself today for not getting on the Bellevue bus instead of the Southside Baptist bus! Would have saved me many years of having to unlearn all that Ruckmanite junk!

Today, I am likely right were Adrian Rodgers was back then and todays "Baptist Renegade" would fit right in with Bellevue as it was back then.

Then again, I am thankful the Lord did not allow me to get on that UPC Pentecostal bus where all the pretty girls were! Some of them were right cute too! No girls at all at Southside Baptist or at least not my age that were not married!

There was also a "Water Dog" (Church of Christ) bus but there was no draw there for me - just a bunch of old men talking about why I needed to be bupTized into their church.

I'm still kicking myself today for not getting on the Bellevue bus instead of the Southside Baptist bus! Would have saved me many years of having to unlearn all that Ruckmanite junk!

Today, I am likely right were Adrian Rodgers was back then and todays "Baptist Renegade" would fit right in with Bellevue as it was back then.
I don’t think you’d have been all that comfortable in Roger’s church, at least not as you rest now in your current soteriological framework. He was explicitly against classic 5-point Calvinism, actually very openly opposing it.

I don’t think you’d have been all that comfortable in Roger’s church, at least not as you rest now in your current soteriological framework. He was explicitly against classic 5-point Calvinism, actually very openly opposing it.
Then he wouldn't be comfortable with me! 😁

If he misrepresented the Calvinist view in order to villify it, then I probably would stay there. People like that pretty much exalt their "position" over the authority and sufficiency of scripture!

I am currently preparing a verse-by-verse study through Romans and am currently in Chapter 11 and am really trying hard to see where the "Elect" is Israel as many try to say! So far, I am still not buying it! What's going to be really interesting is teaching it to a largely non-Calvinistic church but if a pastor has already taught his people to be rabid anti-cals, I cannot see how he could teach expositorily through chapters 9-11 without butchering the scriptures!

I think using the label, "Calvinism" has done the Church a great disservice. The label, "anti-Calvinist" is a similar vice.

Yes, I see the teaching of the scriptures promoting what many lable as "Calvinism" but to sit there and say this teaching is "Calvinistic" and this isn't, misses the point of teaching. It's almost like saying, "I am of Paul or I am of Apollos."

Adrian Rogers was a great preacher. I learned much from his ministry. Was he flawed? Yes. MacArthur is a great preacher. Is he flawed? Yes. In fact, you can put any name into these questions, provided of course, they faithfully stand on the Word.

I don't want to consider myself as a Calvinist... the way I present my testimony, one might think I fall into the Calvinist side of the debate. I don't say what I say because it promotes a position; I say what I say because it conforms to the Word. If that makes me a "Calvinist", I don't care. I'm just out to simply preach Christ.

I went to Maranatha Baptist Bible College and a lot of preachers there ranted against Calvinism. From what could tell, most of them did not understand it, but they believed that Calvinists did not believe in evangelism, and that was the gist of it. The whole decision mentality was part of it. I can remember preachers saying that if you did not have an altar call at the end of every service, you were not a fundamentalist. Did not mean to derail the thread.

THe OP Was about the former Tattoo artist Kat Von D and her testimony.

That is wonderful to hear of someone coming to Christ.

Last edited:
Then he wouldn't be comfortable with me! 😁

If he misrepresented the Calvinist view in order to villify it, then I probably would stay there. People like that pretty much exalt their "position" over the authority and sufficiency of scripture!

I am currently preparing a verse-by-verse study through Romans and am currently in Chapter 11 and am really trying hard to see where the "Elect" is Israel as many try to say! So far, I am still not buying it! What's going to be really interesting is teaching it to a largely non-Calvinistic church but if a pastor has already taught his people to be rabid anti-cals, I cannot see how he could teach expositorily through chapters 9-11 without butchering the scriptures!
Here’s just one take on Rogers stance from an insider.

I went to Maranatha Baptist Bible College and a lot of preachers there ranted against Calvinism. From what could tell, most of them did not understand it, but they believed that Calvinists did not believe in evangelism, and that was the gist of it.
That is one aspect that Rogers seemed to lean towards as revealed in the link I just posted.

And you’re right, apologies to 4everfsu for the rabbit trail hijacking the wonderful story. Won’t add to that error further in this thread.

That is one aspect that Rogers seemed to lean towards as revealed in the link I just posted.

And you’re right, apologies to 4everfsu for the rabbit trail hijacking the wonderful story. Won’t add to that error further in this thread.
Bob Jones V raised a good point about the preconception that Calvinists do not believe in Evangelism. There are many who do not including the Hard-Shell and Primitive Baptists who are adamantly anti-evangelistic and anti-missions. My pastor (who knows my Calvinist leanings) has told me he was "Pleasantly Surprised" to know a Calvinist who was enthusiastic regarding personal evangelism! Perhaps some of these men at MBBC need to meet a few evangelistic Calvinists who would dispel this notion?

But yeah, why do we always turn threads into Calvinist/Arminian debates! Who brought this up anyway? I am happy for Kat Von D that grace has found her!

Her church isn't too far from me. I wonder if she still works as a tattoo artist. I could go to her for my next one.

Very good article about Kat salvation...

I am so happy for her conversion and her declaration of faith! I hope she realizes the angst and skepticism regarding "Celebrity Conversions" is because there have been far too many who seem to have actually have done it as a "PR Stunt" in order to attract a "Christian" following to their fanbase! Seems to me that with renouncing witchcraft and the occult, she has alienated many who were likely her fans and followers and would she still even have a career as a reality show tattoo artist? Seems to me she has decided to pick up her cross and follow Christ at great cost!

I had no idea who she was until y'all brought it up here on the FFF so all I know of her is as a fellow sister in Christ who needs our prayers and support. Seems like she has a wonderful Church family and I am especially glad that she is not in one of those big mega-churches with a dynamic worship service and a "rocking praise band!" Probably best though that she NOT find the FFF but if so, I am guessing that she and Aleshanee would be "Besties" and maybe Voicecrying could get his next tattoo if she isn't convicted over Lev 19:28!😄

I'll be keeping an eye out for her upcoming interview with Allie Beth Stuckey.