I Visited HAC and All I Got was...

Smellin Coffee said:
...seeing my picture in the "Banned" book of dissenters!

I saw that book, opened, on the "desk" in the "lobby" of the parking garage. You should have seen some quick close and hide when the guard noticed that i had seen it. I mean what do you do when you see mug shots of people you know that you had no idea were not 100%!

Baptist City Holdout said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I saw that book, opened, on the "desk" in the "lobby" of the parking garage. You should have seen some quick close and hide when the guard noticed that i had seen it. I mean what do you do when you see mug shots of people you know that you had no idea were not 100%!

Funny thing is a couple years after leaving, my brother and his now wife visited the campus and got a tour. They opened the book but didn't recognize him because ours was a family picture and he was about 12 when the pic was taken. :D

FWIW, my parents never did find out how they got a family picture to put in that album.

Smellin Coffee said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Funny thing is a couple years after leaving, my brother and his now wife visited the campus and got a tour. They opened the book but didn't recognize him because ours was a family picture and he was about 12 when the pic was taken. :D

FWIW, my parents never did find out how they got a family picture to put in that album.

You sure couldn't blame the internet!

Teri in NC said:
a pamphlet on 101 uses for a microphone stand.

Whenever I think of that skit, I cannot help but laugh out loud.

Fun fact about it:    My freshman year, I dated a guy named Mike.    When we were no longer dating, it was the joke that......

wait for it................

I HAD NO MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that mean you couldn't be heard?!?!

Teri in NC said:
a pamphlet on 101 uses for a microphone stand.

Whenever I think of that skit, I cannot help but laugh out loud.

Fun fact about it:    My freshman year, I dated a guy named Mike.    When we were no longer dating, it was the joke that......

wait for it................

I HAD NO DROPPED THE MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obama.mic_.drop_.gif

Smellin Coffee said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Wait a minute

There is really a book of dissenters?

Binaca Chugger said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Wait a minute

There was in the early to mid-90s. Yes.

Smellin Coffee said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Wait a minute

And as testified, I saw it - though ever so briefly.

Smellin Coffee said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Wait a minute

And as testified, I saw it - though ever so briefly.

Of course there wsa more than one copy of this book. Perhaps one survives!

okay.  I recall seeing a binder with pictures of people in the security office at the parking garage in Hammond during that time.  I have no idea what it was for.  I figured it was a list of staff or something that the HACker guard was given to know who to salute.

What were they supposed to do if they saw someone in the book?

holy heck, I thought it was a joke. A book of dissenters??? Really?? This trip down the rabbit hole never seems to end.

Smellin Coffee said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Wait a minute

I have seen it.

earnestly contend

Binaca Chugger said:
okay.  I recall seeing a binder with pictures of people in the security office at the parking garage in Hammond during that time.  I have no idea what it was for.  I figured it was a list of staff or something that the HACker guard was given to know who to salute.

Bar them from entrance to any of FBCH's properties.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:

earnestly contend

So, was this just any dissenter, or did you ahve to perform some feat of rebellion to make it into this book?

Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:

earnestly contend

So, was this just any dissenter, or did you ahve to perform some feat of rebellion to make it into this book?
If you had ever been percieved to be disloyal , all the way to the plunger pirate, there was a myriad of reasons they chose to ignore the admonition to forgive.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:

earnestly contend

If you had ever been percieved to be disloyal , all the way to the plunger pirate, there was a myriad of reasons they chose to ignore the admonition to forgive.

earnestly contend
Ironically, Schaap did away with them.