If God was truly okay with the destruction of animals for food then why say...

Hooper said:
Recovering IFB said:
The very fact that you do not worship Him as Lord....

I have never claimed it as such. Stop lying, or maybe you are still a recovering IFB and you just cant help it.

His recovery does seem to be at a snail's pace... :)
Hoop, did you attend Hyles Anderson?

Hooper said:
FSSL said:
Someone does not like it when their own logic, answers and posture has been turned back on them.

I'm fine If anyone has a different opinion. I welcome debate. Your "responses" if you can call them that, are about one notch above the 14 year moderators dribble. You can't wrap your mind around the idea that someone can see truth mixed with error. Yet if I said yellow mixed with blue makes green and red and yellow make purple you are capable of identifying one part as true and the other as false. But you refuse to apply your God given logic to scripture. It was easy for Satan to create the bible. He tailored it for those who refuse to think.  God will not be angry with you for wanting to know the truth.

I tried the biblical text but that didn?t work with you.

I tried the biblical linguistic approach... that led to your silence.

I tried to show you how absurd your logic is by turning it back on you and we get this stupidity.

All that is left is to take your absurdity, turn it on  its head and watch you wail.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Hooper said:
Recovering IFB said:

I have never claimed it as such. Stop lying, or maybe you are still a recovering IFB and you just cant help it.

I did indeed. From 93-97, how about you?

Hooper said:
Only a complete buffoon could claim that any of ransoms posts ever proved anything true. He lives to comb over my posts looking for misspelled words or typos. He's probably not even an adult. I assume by his remarks that he's about 14.

Translation:

"Ransom quoted multiple scriptures in rebuttal my assertions. Since I had no substantive response to these, I either handwaved them away as 'pagan' or ignored him entirely. Therefore, he never proved anything."

FSSL said:
Hooper said:
FSSL said:
Someone does not like it when their own logic, answers and posture has been turned back on them.

I'm fine If anyone has a different opinion. I welcome debate. Your "responses" if you can call them that, are about one notch above the 14 year moderators dribble. You can't wrap your mind around the idea that someone can see truth mixed with error. Yet if I said yellow mixed with blue makes green and red and yellow make purple you are capable of identifying one part as true and the other as false. But you refuse to apply your God given logic to scripture. It was easy for Satan to create the bible. He tailored it for those who refuse to think.  God will not be angry with you for wanting to know the truth.

I tried the biblical text but that didn?t work with you.

I tried the biblical linguistic approach... that led to your silence.

I tried to show you how absurd your logic is by turning it back on you and we get this stupidity.

All that is left is to take your absurdity, turn it on  its head and watch you wail.

Really? There's really no verse that can prove or disprove the point I'm making here. There's verses that prove both points. So we are left with sides to choose.  My side says that God created man to eat vegetables, fruit and nuts and to care for animals. Your side says that we should kill animals and, despite health risks, eat their flesh. And in the church goers case, eat the body of Christ and drink His blood. And there's written works that show that the giants ate animals and man and drank their blood. It really shouldn't be a big surprise that Satan has been changing the written works of prophets since the beginning. Your just to blind to see it.

Hooper said:
There's verses that prove both points.

No, there aren't.

There are verses about eating meat that you have to go to heroic lengths to explain away.

There are verses about eating vegetables that we don't have to explain at all, since we have no problem with eating vegetables.

Either way, your arguments have no merit.

Ransom said:
Hooper said:
There's verses that prove both points.

No, there aren't.

There are verses about eating meat that you have to go to heroic lengths to explain away.

There are verses about eating vegetables that we don't have to explain at all, since we have no problem with eating vegetables.

Either way, your arguments have no merit.

Yawn...

Hooper said:
Recovering IFB said:

You said ?Satan has been changing the written works of prophets since the beginning. Your just to blind to see it.?
So hence your argument is flawed also. If you claim Satan has currupted the manuscripts, then your argument is also based on a faulty premise.
If you call yourself a believer, then the Scriptures are what they are. God breathed.

By the way in the Noahic Covenant, God gave us animals for food. It?s now incumbent on you to show where God took that away from us.  I?ve been on a Keto diet for a year now, my bad cholesterol is way down, good cholesterol, sky high. With my training regiment and all my doctor is now recommending it to others. So again, your argument is flawed.

Repent and believe!!

Hooper said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Hooper said:
Recovering IFB said:

A serious question - At what point in your life did you begin discovering your current beliefs, and who was the teacher that taught you (and don't say God or the Holy Spirit)?

Recovering IFB said:
Hooper said:
Recovering IFB said:

You said ?Satan has been changing the written works of prophets since the beginning. Your just to blind to see it.?
So hence your argument is flawed also. If you claim Satan has currupted the manuscripts, then your argument is also based on a faulty premise.
If you call yourself a believer, then the Scriptures are what they are. God breathed.

By the way in the Noahic Covenant, God gave us animals for food. It?s now incumbent on you to show where God took that away from us.  I?ve been on a Keto diet for a year now, my bad cholesterol is way down, good cholesterol, sky high. With my training regiment and all my doctor is now recommending it to others. So again, your argument is flawed.

Repent and believe!!

Nope, sorry, admiting errors are written into scripture has nothing to do with my lack of understanding the truth.  In fact, if you knew the scripture you would know that truth is only revealed by the Holy Spirit and not perfect Scripture.  Even if you had perfect scripture, without the Holy Spirit you would never understand it anyway.  What's sad is even the Bible you have today has changed multiple times in the last few hundred years. Does that mean that everybody else didn't have the perfect word? It's your logic that flawed.

RAIDER said:
Hooper said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Hooper said:
Recovering IFB said:

A serious question - At what point in your life did you begin discovering your current beliefs, and who was the teacher that taught you (and don't say God or the Holy Spirit)?

Hmmm. It's  been a very slow process .  Probably  10 years ago I had a real issue with dispensationalism and left the independent Baptist church we attended over the KJV issue and dispensationalism.  Once I saw that the gospel of Paul was different than the gospel of Christ and I understood who the Jews were, that's when it came to me.  It took a while to think through the Bible assimilation process.  Also Reading the Clementine Homilies helped as peter explains to Clement about an error in the Old Testament.  I can go into more detail if you would like?

You said ?In fact, if you knew the scripture you would know that truth is only revealed by the Holy Spirit and not perfect Scripture.? and what does the Holy Spirit use? Scripture! Again, your argument is still faulty, You now claim you have a the interpretation from the Holy Spirit, But yet you have not backed up your argument with Scripture ( which the Holy Spirit uses). Are you going to use Scripture to back up your point? After the Noahic Covenant when God told men to eat animals, when did God tell us to stop?

Recovering IFB said:
You said ?In fact, if you knew the scripture you would know that truth is only revealed by the Holy Spirit and not perfect Scripture.? and what does the Holy Spirit use? Scripture! Again, your argument is still faulty, You now claim you have a the interpretation from the Holy Spirit, But yet you have not backed up your argument with Scripture ( which the Holy Spirit uses). Are you going to use Scripture to back up your point? After the Noahic Covenant when God told men to eat animals, when did God tell us to stop?

How is it faulty if I am able to tell the error from the lie? Would you throw out the entire book of Matthew if one sentence was added? You have the exact same problem that all men have who have not learned to get truth from God. You have made a conscious desicion to trust whatever is written in the Bible. Anyone and everyone has had their hands in those scriptures. They have been changed, added too and deleted from. Constantine had the biggest influence, getting to pick which books would be allowed in and which would be excluded. Until you learn how to use the Holy Spirit to know truth from error, you will be confused and stumbling with bad doctrine. Doctrine like that of Paul.

Hooper said:
How is it faulty if I am able to tell the error from the lie? Would you throw out the entire book of Matthew if one sentence was added? You have the exact same problem that all men have who have not learned to get truth from God. You have made a conscious desicion to trust whatever is written in the Bible. Anyone and everyone has had their hands in those scriptures. They have been changed, added too and deleted from. Constantine had the biggest influence, getting to pick which books would be allowed in and which would be excluded. Until you learn how to use the Holy Spirit to know truth from error, you will be confused and stumbling with bad doctrine. Doctrine like that of Paul.

After the Noahic Covenant when God told men to eat animals, when did God tell us to stop? i"m still waiting for your answer....

Recovering IFB said:
Hooper said:

After the Noahic Covenant when God told men to eat animals, when did God tell us to stop? i"m still waiting for your answer....

God never told man to eat animals. Making the question of its stoppage a Moot point.

I was walking through Starbucks yesterday and found this on a table.

bee309ac13983453fa796741bd4565d9.jpg

I said, ?Hey! I know you! Glad to meet you Hooper!?

He shook his head and murmured a word. I think he said, ?Leave me alone, pagan!?

Hooper said:
Hmmm. It's  been a very slow process .  Probably  10 years ago I had a real issue with dispensationalism and left the independent Baptist church we attended over the KJV issue and dispensationalism.  Once I saw that the gospel of Paul was different than the gospel of Christ and I understood who the Jews were, that's when it came to me.  It took a while to think through the Bible assimilation process.  Also Reading the Clementine Homilies helped as peter explains to Clement about an error in the Old Testament.  I can go into more detail if you would like?

Would not dispensationalism help answer your question between the Kingdom Gospel and Paul's Gospel?