sword said:
All Hail the Power of Jesus? Name!
Edward Perronet,  (1780)

1. All hail the pow?r of Jesus? Name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
Bring forth the royal diadem,
And crown Him Lord of all!
<snip>

If this was sung in most modern (contemporary) churches this morning, I'd hazard a guess that 99.9% of those in the audience the congregation would have no clue as to what a diadem even is. I'd go so far as to say probably the "worship" leader wouldn't have a clue as well.

Before or after you "raised your Ebenezer"?

HeDied4U said:
subllibrm said:
HeDied4U said:
sword said:
All Hail the Power of Jesus? Name!
Edward Perronet,  (1780)

1. All hail the pow?r of Jesus? Name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
Bring forth the royal diadem,
And crown Him Lord of all!
<snip>

If this was sung in most modern (contemporary) churches this morning, I'd hazard a guess that 99.9% of those in the audience the congregation would have no clue as to what a diadem even is. I'd go so far as to say probably the "worship" leader wouldn't have a clue as well.

So?

Just trying to say that a lot of folks wouldn't understand what they're singing about, assuming of course a hymn would be inserted into a rock concert.

And I repeat, so? Knowing or not knowing the definition of this word reveals what exactly about a person? Is there a critical bible doctrine that hinges on a correct understanding of this word?  ???

Next up you may want to educate us on the word endued. I am positive that there will be deep doctrinal error for anyone who doesn't have a firm grasp of that one.  8)

Sound more like an invitation to argue than a legitimate "want to know" question, but at any rate, it's questions like this that make me glad I'm not an IFB'er.

Our pianist played "Little Drummer Boy" this past Sunday.

Secular music in IFB churches is becoming more common.