I'm really mad right now.

"Can't be a Christian..."

Ridiculous. Just because a line item in the budget of the US. We are told a $22 trillion debt is immoral, too.

So... how can a person accuse Christians of being immoral and at the same time want to continue contributing to the ever increasing debt?

cpizzle said:
2. They should not be federally funded.  The money should come from donors and sponsors which I am sure there would be plenty of for such a good cause.

There are, in fact. Huge ones.

Smellin Coffee said:
If being against abortion is an example of the unalienable "right to life",

The reason opposing abortion is an example of the unalienable "right to life" is because hundreds of thousands of unborn people (about one for every five live births) are murdered by abortion--they are literally deprived of their life.

In some countries, this can include up to 90% of all Down syndrome babies. I can't imagine they will need much funding for the Special Olympics there in a few years.

Not to mention the ethics of compassion... ;)

Compassion is voluntary. It's not "compassion" to compel taxpayers to fund charities by force of law.

Smellin Coffee said:
16KJV11 said:
T-Bone said:
I didn't know it was the government's responsibility to fund Special Olympics, or for that matter Planned Parenthood, or a myriad of the other things it funds!
It's all part of 'compassion'.

Actually, it's a description of the "unalienable rights"

Uh.....no

Smellin Coffee said:
16KJV11 said:
T-Bone said:
I didn't know it was the government's responsibility to fund Special Olympics, or for that matter Planned Parenthood, or a myriad of the other things it funds!

Actually, it's a description of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says have been given to all humans by their Creator, and which indicates the government is created to protect. Key word: "life". Special Olympics, Medicare, Medicaid, ACA, etc. are examples of organizations/programs that extend "life". Which is why it just baffles me why Americans who claim to follow Christ and claim to be "pro-life" deny these kinds of things when these ideals support the teachings laid out by Jesus as well as fit the purpose of government according to the Declaration of Independence.

If being against abortion is an example of the unalienable "right to life", so is providing healthcare and services to those who cannot afford it, enabling them to extend their life (as well as be in opposition to capital punishment and war). Special Olympics is one of those services which help extend "life" via opportunities that would not normally be accessible without funding.

Wow...I just have to wonder what color the sky is in your universe.  Your progressivism has led you to put things in the Constitution that don't exist...may be why you progressives don't adhere to it, or believe it.  Compassion my friend cannot be legislated...nor does the government exist to take taxes from people to fund your pet projects.

T-Bone said:
...nor does the government exist to take taxes from people to fund your pet projects.

LOL!  No, they steal to fund THEIR pet projects!

T-Bone said:
Smellin Coffee said:
16KJV11 said:
T-Bone said:

Actually, it's a description of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says have been given to all humans by their Creator, and which indicates the government is created to protect. Key word: "life". Special Olympics, Medicare, Medicaid, ACA, etc. are examples of organizations/programs that extend "life". Which is why it just baffles me why Americans who claim to follow Christ and claim to be "pro-life" deny these kinds of things when these ideals support the teachings laid out by Jesus as well as fit the purpose of government according to the Declaration of Independence.

If being against abortion is an example of the unalienable "right to life", so is providing healthcare and services to those who cannot afford it, enabling them to extend their life (as well as be in opposition to capital punishment and war). Special Olympics is one of those services which help extend "life" via opportunities that would not normally be accessible without funding.

Wow...I just have to wonder what color the sky is in your universe.  Your progressivism has led you to put things in the Constitution that don't exist...may be why you progressives don't adhere to it, or believe it.  Compassion my friend cannot be legislated...nor does the government exist to take taxes from people to fund your pet projects.

How dare you question St. Smellin of Hammond!

I guess some democrats aren't as "compassionate" as they're made out to be.....

Democrat-controlled New York is cutting funds to the Special Olympics and giving a raise to lawmakers a week after Democrats in Washington, D.C., expressed outrage after the Trump administration proposed cutting funds to the Special Olympics.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/45411/new-york-state-cuts-special-olympics-funding-gives-ryan-saavedra

I wonder if these same DC democrats will express outrage at a fellow democrat?

Smelling no ones owed you anything and you are the one with special needs !

Twisted said:
There is no constitutional authority given to the Federal government to have a "Dept. of Education", hence they should defund and delete the entire department.

You should be "mad" that such a department evens exists.