IS EVOLUTION POSSIBLE?

Route_70

Elect
Reaction score
Aside from Genesis 1, is it possible that all organisms on earth could have ascended/descended from a single-celled organism?  Is it POSSIBLE?

I say YES.  It is POSSIBLE.  There is no biological reason why it could not have happened.

Route_70 said:
Aside from Genesis 1, is it possible that all organisms on earth could have ascended/descended from a single-celled organism?  Is it POSSIBLE?

I say YES.  It is POSSIBLE.  There is no biological reason why it could not have happened.

Okay.

Route_70 said:

Depends on what you mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yrNHly7wCw

Route_70 said:
Aside from Genesis 1,
Proverbs 26:4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be just like him.
No, there is nothing "aside" from Genesis 1. This is why you are in the position you are in. You have abandoned knowledge, logic and reason and morality when you cling to your atheism. You have traded gold for dross.

Recovering IFB said:
Route_70 said:
Aside from Genesis 1,
No, there is nothing "aside" from Genesis 1. This is why you are in the position you are in. You have abandoned knowledge, logic and reason and morality when you cling to your atheism. You have traded gold for dross.

I think you are taking a verse and making private interpretation. Examples of both Paul and Jesus reasoning with people. You don't agree with atheism. I didn't expect you to agree. I rarely agree with Route 70 but he has knowledge, logic, reason and nothing about him that I doubt he is moral.

LongGone said:
.....You don't agree with atheism....

No, evolution is not possible. Either Gen. 1:1 is true or "nothing" exploded {the big bang} and the universe formed. Which one takes more faith to believe? Only a fool would believe the latter.

Bob H said:
LongGone said:

No, evolution is not possible. Either Gen. 1:1 is true or "nothing" exploded {the big bang} and the universe formed. Which one takes more faith to believe? Only a fool would believe the latter.

What is wrong in exercising faith to believe?

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God (Hebrews 11:3)?"

The only way that you can believe Genesis is to do so by faith.  There is no other way.  You cannot verify the Genesis account scientifically.

The question I pose is not DID evolution happen; but is it possible that evolution could happen.  Can you demonstrate scientifically that evolution is not possible?

Long Gone, could you clarify your last statement?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

LongGone said:
Recovering IFB said:
Route_70 said:
Aside from Genesis 1,

I think you are taking a verse and making private interpretation. Examples of both Paul and Jesus reasoning with people. You don't agree with atheism. I didn't expect you to agree. I rarely agree with Route 70 but he has knowledge, logic, reason and nothing about him that I doubt he is moral.
Buuuut without God he can't justify why he believes what he believes. He claimed in another thread that "there was no God", which isn't exactly true due to Romans 1. So all I'm doing is holding his feet to the fire whenever he makes truth claims. It's called apologetics.

Route_70 said:
Bob H said:
LongGone said:

What is wrong in exercising faith to believe?

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God (Hebrews 11:3)?"

The only way that you can believe Genesis is to do so by faith.  There is no other way.  You cannot verify the Genesis account scientifically.

The question I pose is not DID evolution happen; but is it possible that evolution could happen.  Can you demonstrate scientifically that evolution is not possible?
I'm not a scientist but I know what the Scriptures say. You have already abandoned knowledge in your "denial of God" so again I ask you, how do you know what you know?

Recovering IFB said:
how do you know what you know?

That is a very broad request.  Ask me a specific question.  I may or may not answer your specific question; but I may.

Route_70 said:
Recovering IFB said:
how do you know what you know?

That is a very broad request.  Ask me a specific question.  I may or may not answer your specific question; but I may.
You have abandoned wisdom and knowledge by your claims that there is "No God". If you utter anything from your mouth, you are stealing from a Christian worldview, something you say that doesn't exist....so there is nothing specific I can ask you until you rationalize to me how you know anything apart from God, then we can make progress.

Recovering IFB said:
there is nothing specific I can ask you until you rationalize to me how you know anything apart from God, then we can make progress.

I am sorry that you are not making progress.  Nevertheless, that is your problem; not mine.

Route_70 said:
I am sorry that you are not making progress.  Nevertheless, that is your problem; not mine.
If you say this,mean a "problem",implying a standard of what "ought to be" or that  something wrong with truth. that presupposes truth. I ask again, how do you get truth without God.

Jo said:

I have read Route 70 postings for a long time. I don't agree with him often or even usually care about the subject he is posting about. Our direct interactions are rare. I think at times he comes across edgy (most of us do at times) but I have never doubted his intelligence, his ability to reason, his logic approach. This doesn't mean I agree with him but I can follow how he came to his conclusion. I have not ever doubted his morals. I have read his book about his taking care of animals and that portrays a compassion.

I don't have any desire to change Route 70's mind but if I did I would use ridicule to achieve that end. I don't see that as an effective tool in persuading people.

Of course evolution is possible.
Many Christians have no issue reconciling evolution with Genesis.

Evolution =/= atheism

LongGone said:
Jo said:

I have read Route 70 postings for a long time. I don't agree with him often or even usually care about the subject he is posting about. Our direct interactions are rare. I think at times he comes across edgy (most of us do at times) but I have never doubted his intelligence, his ability to reason, his logic approach. This doesn't mean I agree with him but I can follow how he came to his conclusion. I have not ever doubted his morals. I have read his book about his taking care of animals and that portrays a compassion.

I don't have any desire to change Route 70's mind but if I did I would use ridicule to achieve that end. I don't see that as an effective tool in persuading people.

I have reason to doubt his morals

I respect your opinion and even his; however, he pretended to be  Christian  so he could teach at a Christian school.  If that doesn't make you question his morals, I'm not sure what would.