Is God angry with sin , and was sin the Sovereign plan of God ?

Lol. No question.

But long ago I learned the Cal vs noncal debate has no resolution through argument.
It has no resolution period. If it was a known fact, then there’d be no ongoing debate as to the veracity one way or the other. Anyone who says differently is full of poppycock. All we can do is put our trust and faith in God and hope for the best.

That would only be true, if neither position were true.
OK, let me rephrase: it has no known resolution. I’ve read all of the philosophical arguments for both sides. The fact that there are two sides proves my point. This isn’t an issue that can be resolved empirically.

I
OK, let me rephrase: it has no known resolution. I’ve read all of the philosophical arguments for both sides. The fact that there are two sides proves my point. This isn’t an issue that can be resolved empirically.
If folks didn’t change meanings of words and the context of verses there would be nothing to disagree about. E.G. —>
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:16 - For God so-loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Calvinist change “world” to mean some, and “whosoever” to mean only the “elect”. / 1Jo 2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for-the sins of the whole world. Calvinist deny that Jesus sacrifice was for everyone and change “ for the sins of the whole world” to mean for the “ elect” only. Changing the meaning and context doesn’t make them right it makes them deceived.
Unchecked Copy Box
Heb 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to Godmust believe that he is, andthat he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. To even go to God you must believe( have faith) that He is.

I

If folks didn’t change meanings of words and the context of verses there would be nothing to disagree about. E.G. —>
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:16 - For God so-loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Calvinist change “world” to mean some, and “whosoever” to mean only the “elect”. / 1Jo 2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for-the sins of the whole world. Calvinist deny that Jesus sacrifice was for everyone and change “ for the sins of the whole world” to mean for the “ elect” only. Changing the meaning and context doesn’t make them right it makes them deceived.
Unchecked Copy Box
Heb 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to Godmust believe that he is, andthat he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. To even go to God you must believe( have faith) that He is.
They do not change the meaning of the world.
They do not change the meaning of whosoever. If someone believes, they are a whosoever. Neither Calvinists nor non-Calvinists (except for universalists) believe that everyone in the world is a whosoever.

I

Unchecked Copy Box
Unchecked Copy Box
As I stated before, I was raised in a non-Calvinist Baptist church. It was not until my late teens/early adulthood that I encountered Calvinists. Having studied the issue thoroughly enough, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s simply not knowable one way or the other, but in my heart, I hope Calvinism is not true, because I’d hate to think that there are babies being born into the world without a chance of salvation because they were not elected.

As I stated before, I was raised in a non-Calvinist Baptist church. It was not until my late teens/early adulthood that I encountered Calvinists. Having studied the issue thoroughly enough, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s simply not knowable one way or the other, but in my heart, I hope Calvinism is not true, because I’d hate to think that there are babies being born into the world without a chance of salvation because they were not elected.
No worries—>
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:17 - And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say,Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

They do not change the meaning of the world.
They do not change the meaning of whosoever. If someone believes, they are a whosoever. Neither Calvinists nor non-Calvinists (except for universalists) believe that everyone in the world is a whosoever.
No sadly not everyone is saved because they reject the truth.—>1Jo 2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for-the sins of the whole world. They reject what God offered.

No worries—>
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:17 - And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say,Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
I admire your dedication and passion to this issue. It’s obvious that for you, Calvinism is not merely an academic debate, but the essence of your view of Christianity.

I admire your dedication and passion to this issue. It’s obvious that for you, Calvinism is not merely an academic debate, but the essence of your view of Christianity.
I believe our view of scripture ( believing and trusting God) and Almighty God determines our view of God’s compassion, mercy, forgiveness ,and who salvation is provided for.

...but in my heart, I hope Calvinism is not true, because I’d hate to think that there are babies being born into the world without a chance of salvation because they were not elected.
...and this is the age-old central objection of all noncals--their sense of justice. Why doth He yet find fault, for who hath resisted His will?

What was Paul's answer?

No worries—>
Unchecked Copy Box
And so there is a way into the fold other than the Door, and that is to die in infancy.

Man, we're on the wrong side of the abortion debate!

...and this is the age-old central objection of all noncals--their sense of justice. Why doth He yet find fault, for who hath resisted His will?

What was Paul's answer?
Watch..

If Leatherneck tries to respond to the actual question, it will be by . . . changing the meanings of words and context of verses.

No sadly not everyone is saved because they reject the truth.—>1Jo 2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for-the sins of the whole world. They reject what God offered.
So you believe the same about "whosoever" as Calvinists do.

Watch..

If Leatherneck tries to respond to the actual question, it will be by . . . changing the meanings of words and context of verses.
Why did you stop you should have read on a little farther in the same chapter.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 9:33 - As it is written,Behold, I lay in Sion a stumbling stone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Watch..

Paul’s answer:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 9:30 - What shall we say then? That the Gentiles,which followed not after righteousness, have attainedto righteousness, even the righteousness which is even the righteousness of faith.You cannot ignore the context of all scripture and force it into a few verses from Romans 9, well you’re not supposed to.

Last edited:
So you believe the same about "whosoever" as Calvinists do.
And so there is a way into the fold other than the Door, and that is to die in infancy.

Man, we're on the wrong side of the abortion debate!
If anyone gets to heaven it will be through Jesus His is the only name given under heaven whereby men must be saved, and in Revelation it is Jesus and the Holy Spirit offering the water of life freely.—>Rev 22:17 - And the Spirit-and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say,Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Paul’s answer:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 9:30 - What shall we say then? That the Gentiles,which followed not after righteousness, have attainedto righteousness, even the righteousness which is even the righteousness of faith.You cannot ignore the context of all scripture and force it into a few verses from Romans 9, well you’re not to supposed to.
What did I tell you? :ROFLMAO:

What did I tell you? :ROFLMAO:
“Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?“ The Calvinist stresses that God makes the clay into whatever He wishes, some vessels of honor and some of dishonor. While this is true, their error is in assuming that the clay has no choice as to which he will be.

If we look up the Potter and the clay in the Old Testament to see what passage Paul is referring to, we wind up in Jeremiah 18, where God tells Jeremiah to watch and learn from the potter at the wheel. There we see that when the clay becomes “marred” in God’s hand, He reserves the right to start over so that He can still bring glory to Himself despite the rebellion of the clay. In other words, He has every right to be glorified by our lives, and will be glorified by our lives, whether by our obedience or by our rebellion. He also declares that if a nation or kingdom (the clay) repents, then He also will repent of the evil He is planning to bring on that nation or kingdom. God clearly teaches through Jeremiah 18 that the “clay” has a choice! (Don’t take my word for it; read it for yourself!). https://israeliteindeed.wordpress.com/calvinism/understanding-romans-9-without-the-calvinist-spin/