Is Grace Kaput?

16KJV11

Doctor
Reaction score
I think it is Kaput! ???

No website.

No Facebook page.

But you can still buy their music on Amazon.

Last Sunday the pastor resigned.

http://www.gracebaptist.us/church-announcement.html

Twisted said:
Last Sunday the pastor resigned.

http://www.gracebaptist.us/church-announcement.html

Due to the unfortunate history, a sudden resignation after decades in one place makes me suspicious.

For more info on why the pastor appears to have left town in a hurry, google "grace Baptist church gaylord Michigan abuse."  I didn't take time to read all the articles, but the most recent one from the Petoskey News was interesting.  It mentions Jack Schaap as having preached at this church, and it references a David Gibbs as having endorsed Pastor Jenkins as a perfect fit for the church in North Carolina.

They are a shell of their former shell of themselves. Or something like that.

For more info on why the pastor appears to have left town in a hurry, google "grace Baptist church gaylord Michigan abuse." I didn't take time to read all the articles, but the most recent one from the Petoskey News was interesting. It mentions Jack Schaap as having preached at this church, and it references a David Gibbs as having endorsed Pastor Jenkins as a perfect fit for the church in North Carolina.

Oh that is not good. I have no idea of what may or may not have happened, but when David Gibbs is helping you get a new church in a new state.....

Lots of dissatisfied customers at Grace Baptist, Gaylord. There is a "Recovering From Grace Baptist" website - I can't seem to post the link but you can google for it at blindeyemovement.com

Dr. Jon Jenkins, who pulled out of Grace Baptist Church in Gaylord, Michigan after 33 years, some of which were scandal-ridden, is now happily ensconced as Pastor of Fellowship Baptist Church in Clayton, North Carolina, with a little help from his friends (like David Gibbs Jr. of Christian Law Association) and the endorsement of Shelton Smith and the Sword of the Lord crowd. The May 14, 2021 issue of SOTL has a glowing report on Shelton Smith's preaching appointment there. "After a 33-year pastorate in northern Michigan, [Dr. Jenkins] has been here now for the past 20 months. . . . As Dr. Jenkins provides leadership, he is setting a pace and the people are excited. Fellowship Baptist Church is growing and thriving." Let us hope and pray that Dr. Jenkins sets a better pace of leadership at Fellowship than the pace that caused or at least allowed some tremendous dissatisfaction at Grace Baptist.

The problems at Grace do not appear to have hindered Dr. Jenkins' ministry and reputation in IFB circles. The Fellowship web site states that "Pastor Jenkins is an inspirational Bible teacher and preacher with a heartbeat and passion to strengthen families, build marriages, mentor young people, and develop Christ followers. Pastor Jenkins has a unique burden to provide hope and healing for those whose lives have experienced brokenness. Dr. Jenkins in addition to faithfully shepherding the Fellowship family, also travels extensively across the nation and internationally preaching in Bible conferences, church revivals, youth conferences, camp meetings, leadership conferences and family conferences." His new church sponsors Clarksville Theological Seminary and radio station WHPY.