Is Ron DeSantis the Future of the Republican Party?

If Trump were to be the Republican nominee, I'm sorry, but, I couldn't in all good conscience vote for him again, even if he IS the lesser of two evils. If Ron DeSantis were to win the nomination, I would probably vote for him. My preference would be C. Rice, or N. Haley. I think either of those would be a great choice for POTUS>

He’s the future…as long as he doesn’t self-destruct like Trump on Twitter. I’d also add that diversity is more important than in the past. I think the days of two middle-aged white men running for the presidency are over.
Imagine Ted Nugent running for President. I wouldn't mind DeSantis running.

He’s the future…as long as he doesn’t self-destruct like Trump on Twitter. I’d also add that diversity is more important than in the past. I think the days of two middle-aged white men running for the presidency are over.

I would gladly vote for de-santis... of course i would also vote for donald trump again.... i have no idea what happened on twitter.. i never see it.... but i do look at overall records of what they have done in office and how well the country has fared under them....

and while as a person who is half mexican half navajo, i would love to see someone with similar background elected president.. .. i believe diversity for the sake of diversity is a very bad idea... .. ... look what it got us in the case of barak obama...

point is... i;ll vote for any conservative who can win and get these pagans posing as people with a conscience out of office...... ..democrats and left wing liberals have no conscience... ..and they have no idea how to govern a free republic.... . all they have is a lust for power and an obsession with being in control... and they got that control by marching in lockstep with each other regardless of personal differences....... ...if conservatives... regardless of our differences... are going to return a conservative to the presidency then we have to stick together too... like glue..... .

I would gladly vote for de-santis... of course i would also vote for donald trump again.... i have no idea what happened on twitter.. i never see it.... but i do look at overall records of what they have done in office and how well the country has fared under them....

and while as a person who is half mexican half navajo, i would love to see someone with similar background elected president.. .. i believe diversity for the sake of diversity is a very bad idea... .. ... look what it got us in the case of barak obama...

point is... i;ll vote for any conservative who can win and get these pagans posing as people with a conscience out of office...... ..democrats and left wing liberals have no conscience... ..and they have no idea how to govern a free republic.... . all they have is a lust for power and an obsession with being in control... and they got that control by marching in lockstep with each other regardless of personal differences....... ...if conservatives... regardless of our differences... are going to return a conservative to the presidency then we have to stick together too... like glue..... .
The point I was trying to make about Trump is that he created a lot of his own chaos. Conservatives have it hard enough with the media stacking the deck again them just because they don’t have a “D” after their names. It’s important to not “poke the bear” and create daily headlines because of crazy Twitter rants.
I completely agree about the fact that two white men should be able to run for President/VP, but the fact is we live in an increasingly heterogeneous society and the racial/ethnic makeup of candidates does matter to an increasing population of citizens.

I don't understand any conservative that says they won't vote for Trump. The alternatives are wholly ungodly.
Trump has accomplished conservatism's goals. Goals that seemed to be impossible:
1) Record number of constitutionalists on the Supreme Court
2) Record number of constitutionalists in the Judiciary
3) Border control and fixing immigration by establishing hundreds of immigration resources
4) Energy independence
5) Record low unemployment
6) Low inflation
7) ... and Row v Wade was defeated
ALL of these things he accomplished (and more). Conservatives could not get it done because they did not have the savvy and smarts.

I don't understand any conservative that says they won't vote for Trump. The alternatives are wholly ungodly.
Trump has accomplished conservatism's goals. Goals that seemed to be impossible:
3) Border control and fixing immigration by establishing hundreds of immigration resources
4) Energy independence
6) Low inflation
ALL of these things he accomplished (and more). Conservatives could not get it done because they did not have the savvy and smarts.
I voted for Trump and I’ll vote for him again if he’s the nominee. That doesn’t change the fact that he creates a lot of his own problems and he freely feeds the media live ammunition. In my opinion, Desantis is a much more polished version of Trump without the media circus.

4) Energy independence
6) Low inflation
They had the "savvy and smarts," but, they didn't have the gonads to do anything about it but flap their gums. You don't have to understand conservatives...they understand themselves and their own motivation. Thankfully, I'm a moderate Independent. I lean more conservative, but, I won't put Trump on a pedestal! He did many good things, yes, but, he didn't do enough, and some of what he did wasn't good. Also, are you a Canadian or an American? I truly can't recall. I know Scott is Canadian....but, I can't remember if you are or not.

They had the "savvy and smarts," but, they didn't have the gonads to do anything about it but flap their gums. You don't have to understand conservatives...they understand themselves and their own motivation. Thankfully, I'm a moderate Independent. I lean more conservative, but, I won't put Trump on a pedestal! He did many good things, yes, but, he didn't do enough, and some of what he did wasn't good. Also, are you a Canadian or an American? I truly can't recall. I know Scott is Canadian....but, I can't remember if you are or not.
I'm an American. I consider myself a conservative. Regan was great and Trump was even better. I have friends who are involved in well-known think tanks and they actually told people they were not voting for Trump last time... Why not? They all knew the alternative was Communism. So, I agree that they lacked the gonads, but how savvy and smart is that?
Trump gave his list of Supreme Court picks when he was candidate.... Everyone loved the list. Trump delivered on his promises... and a few of my conservative friends now say they "have no party." When it comes right down to it... they were not voting on principle... they simply want to be accepted. eg., Lynne Cheney.

4) Energy independence
6) Low inflation

he also brought arabs and israelis together to sign a peace agreement... the abraham accords.... .. something he should have been awarded the nobel peace prize for.... ..i believe democrats ignored that because in truth they want war in the middle east... . as well as everywhere else their defense contractor donors can make money...... and thats the whole reason liz cheney turned on him.... the cheney family made it;s money off of foreign wars.... . and under trump foreign wars were becoming rare....

Last edited:
I consider myself a conservative-leaning Libertarian (more philosophically, not necessarily politically). I haven’t voted Democrat in years, and I doubt I could again because they’ve become quasi Communists. Personally, I liked Rand Paul, but I supported Trump once he became the nominee. I liked Ron Paul even more, unfortunately he came off as a bit too kooky for most people. My only real complaint about Trump was I wish he hadn’t let his social/media antics overshadow his many great accomplishments.

I don't know why you, at times, discount yourself. Your thoughts are clear, direct and I agree totally.
thank you..... :).. ... .i really appreciate your confidence and kind words.. ..truth is.... and i hate to sound self discounting once again.. .. ..i never know if what i am saying is making sense... if it was my own thought or a recurring disembodied voice i can;t lock out.... or if i even wrote in the right language sometimes until i go back a look at it afterwards... .. ...and i edit and re-edit my posts all the time... sometimes i just delete them altogether if i can;t even make sense of what i wrote myself... self discrimination is just one way of staying fully grounded in reality and that is vitally important for someone like me... ... my mind doesn;t work the normal way everyone elses does... and knowing that.. being fully aware of it...accepting it...and being willing to do whatever extra work it takes to break through the barriers that kind of problem creates is part of what keeps me here and appearing as normal as possible.... constant prayer and good friends is the other part....

Last edited:
I'm an American. I consider myself a conservative. Regan was great and Trump was even better. I have friends who are involved in well-known think tanks and they actually told people they were not voting for Trump last time... Why not? They all knew the alternative was Communism. So, I agree that they lacked the gonads, but how savvy and smart is that?
Trump gave his list of Supreme Court picks when he was candidate.... Everyone loved the list. Trump delivered on his promises... and a few of my conservative friends now say they "have no party." When it comes right down to it... they were not voting on principle... they simply want to be accepted. eg., Lynne Cheney.
That's lame...I vote on principle, nothing else. Yet, I found it very hard to vote for George Herbert Walker Bush...There were far too many problems with his ability to be honest about who he really was politically. He was too liberal for Reagan, and the only reason he was even placed on the ticket was to garner the support of the liberal moderates and liberal wing of the Republican party. His son wasn't much better and he proved this when he lied to attack Iraq, and later wouldn't support Trump. These people have been in the "New World Order" camp for many, many years. Trump did keep many of his promises, yet he didn't press it when it came to getting HRC held accountable like he said he would. Of course, I realize that he was meeting resistance pretty near every step of the way by the Dems, but also by many within his own party. Still, I couldn't vote for him again. His total lack of character was showing in the last few weeks of his presidency, and I found his constant drivel on Twitter not only annoying but counterproductive.

That's lame...I vote on principle, nothing else....Still, I couldn't vote for him again. His total lack of character was showing in the last few weeks of his presidency, and I found his constant drivel on Twitter not only annoying but counterproductive.
Take this as MHO... I'm not attempting to get personal. Every election that I can remember, there were some conservatives that had (again, in my opinion) a skewed idea when they said "I vote on principle." When Regan was running the first time, some of my conservative friends said that they could not vote for Regan because he was divorced. They said they were "voting on principle."

John Piper publicly declared that "on principle" he could not vote for Trump because of the same things you noted above... even after all of his successes. Good people differ... but I have never understood the logic.

What good is a "principle" when it really is just pietism. We are given two choices. Eg. Trump/Biden. Certainly, Biden has a total lack of character. So, not voting for Trump only gives weight toward Biden. Trump accomplished MANY of the conservatives' objectives... YET, some conservatives became pietistic and didn't help further the conservative cause.

Some character flaws and Twitter postings VS outright Communist corruption: It seems clear to me, the proper principle is to vote for the one who will successfully, albeit not perfectly, advance a culture that respects life, security and capitalistic endeavors.

In an extensive examination of his life and record — across more than 100 interviews with aides, allies, antagonists and peers who detailed several previously unreported episodes spanning his decade in elected office — the most consistent appraisal was that DeSantis, who turns 44 this month, believes his raw instincts are unrivaled and that he may well be correct. He has for years merrily shunned the perspectives of moderating influences and gentle dissenters and found himself validated at every turn, his recent history a whir of nominally risky choices — expert-snubbing Covid policies, an uppercut at one of his state’s largest private employers, a long-shot bid for the office he holds — transmogrified to pure political upside as he seeks to position himself as his party’s rightful heir.
He still appears poised to capitalize on perceptible shifts inside Republican power centers that Trump often frustrated but generally tamed while in office. From the cable airwaves to the New York Post editorial page, Murdoch media properties have betrayed an interest in moving beyond the former president, at one point in July posting an indiscreet Fox News Digital montage of erstwhile Trump voters defecting to DeSantis. “I had a guy here in Utah who just came up to me and said, ‘DeSantis 2024,’” Jason Chaffetz, a Republican former congressman and a Fox News contributor, told me. “That doesn’t happen in Utah.”

No. The Republican party is dead without Trump.

Take this as MHO... I'm not attempting to get personal. Every election that I can remember, there were some conservatives that had (again, in my opinion) a skewed idea when they said "I vote on principle." When Regan was running the first time, some of my conservative friends said that they could not vote for Regan because he was divorced. They said they were "voting on principle."

John Piper publicly declared that "on principle" he could not vote for Trump because of the same things you noted above... even after all of his successes. Good people differ... but I have never understood the logic.

What good is a "principle" when it really is just pietism. We are given two choices. Eg. Trump/Biden. Certainly, Biden has a total lack of character. So, not voting for Trump only gives weight toward Biden. Trump accomplished MANY of the conservatives' objectives... YET, some conservatives became pietistic and didn't help further the conservative cause.

Some character flaws and Twitter postings VS outright Communist corruption: It seems clear to me, the proper principle is to vote for the one who will successfully, albeit not perfectly, advance a culture that respects life, security and capitalistic endeavors.
To a point, I can agree with your point of view. Still, I could not, in all good conscience vote for someone who is just as lacking in character as Biden is...and that would be Trump. As far as I can tell, both the Democrats and the Republicans have become one party with two different points of view. Republicans are quickly moving to the left of the center, There truly should be a VIABLE third party. If we have to vote for bad or worse..there isn't much of a choice. That's like saying "let's vote for this sin instead of this other one."
Ronald REAGAN (not REGAN) was one of the better presidents we had. It's too bad that he was going down with dementia during his final term...if he hadn't been, and would have been capable of running for a third term, I would have voted for him.

To a point, I can agree with your point of view. Still, I could not, in all good conscience vote for someone who is just as lacking in character as Biden is...and that would be Trump. As far as I can tell, both the Democrats and the Republicans have become one party with two different points of view. Republicans are quickly moving to the left of the center, There truly should be a VIABLE third party. If we have to vote for bad or worse..there isn't much of a choice. That's like saying "let's vote for this sin instead of this other one."
Ronald REAGAN (not REGAN) was one of the better presidents we had. It's too bad that he was going down with dementia during his final term...if he hadn't been, and would have been capable of running for a third term, I would have voted for him.
I’ve often wished that the US had several viable political party options. I’m not a fan of the two-party system. As you might know, George Washington advised against the creation of political parties in his famous Farewell Address speech. Of course in today’s world, it’s difficult to imagine a system without parties because that’s been the course of our nation since he left office.

I’ve often wished that the US had several viable political party options. I’m not a fan of the two-party system. As you might know, George Washington advised against the creation of political parties in his famous Farewell Address speech. Of course in today’s world, it’s difficult to imagine a system without parties because that’s been the course of our nation since he left office.
An electoral college almost forces a two-party system into existence. A candidate has to build a coalition of various voting blocs to win the Presidency...when the law is followed, anyway...and that is nearly impossible to do without organization.

The parliamentary system is probably the best in existence—and even some former presidents have claimed that.