Is there a compromise on Abortion?

These are the attitudes that keep abortions legal.  The "all or nothing" approach.

If a law can be passed that eleminates 95% of abortions, pro-life religious republicans will vote "no" because it doesn't go far enough and gives political cover to their democratic rivals.  If the only actions you support require the ending of all abortions except "the life of the mother," the nothing will change.  You will NEVER get a law passed that ends ALL abortions.  All we will do is fight over it without getting anything done. 

Your "theological purity" with no clear Biblical command (only Biblical principals that we must do our best to apply to the issue) may make you feel superior, but it is costing kids their lives.

cpizzle said:
These are the attitudes that keep abortions legal.  The "all or nothing" approach.

If a law can be passed that eleminates 95% of abortions, pro-life religious republicans will vote "no" because it doesn't go far enough and gives political cover to their democratic rivals.  If the only actions you support require the ending of all abortions except "the life of the mother," the nothing will change.  You will NEVER get a law passed that ends ALL abortions.  All we will do is fight over it without getting anything done. 

Your "theological purity" with no clear Biblical command (only Biblical principals that we must do our best to apply to the issue) may make you feel superior, but it is costing kids their lives.

I just went back and re-read your OP and it wasn't made clear from that introductory question that the context for abortion ethics and morals was really about what is politically feasible, pragmatic, and expedient.  I agree with you that a legal turnabout on Roe v Wade that would limit the abortions to those three situations (rape, incest, death of mother imminent) would be a great step in the right direction.  My comments were directed at the rightness and wrongness (morally speaking) of when abortion could be deemed appropriate.  I don't consider abortion due to incest or rape to be morally tenable.

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
Ruckmanism is alive and well in the prophet.
Ruckman said that life begins with breathing air.

How in the world does what i said, which is that I wouldn't condemn an incest rape victim for wanting to be rid of the rapist's bastard seed, come anywhere near "anything goes before birth" Pensecola Pimp Pete?

BTW, I've never been a part of any thing that was even remotely Ruckmanite.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

prophet said:
Ruckmanism is alive and well in the prophet.
Ruckman said that life begins with breathing air.

How in the world does what i said, which is that I wouldn't condemn an incest rape victim for wanting to be rid of the rapist's bastard seed, come anywhere near "anything goes before birth" Pensecola Pimp Pete?

BTW, I've never been a part of any thing that was even remotely Ruckmanite.

If you're going to quote his position, at least get it right.

Man does not become a "living soul" until he breathes air.

And it's nice to know you've never believed the Bible you hold in your hand are the Holy Scriptures, given by inspiration of God.

prophet said:

Ruckman... ?When all those Indians and Hindus came into Bangladesh and Pakistan and raped about 2000 women and left them with about 800 illegitimate children, the good Catholic nuns, in order to increase the membership to the local church, decided it'd be a terrible sin to have any abortion. So the will of God for 800 women who were abused against their will to bear children for the Roman Catholic Church. I don't believe it!"

Still hoping to get your opinions....

When does man become a "living soul"  1)conception (egg and sperm uniting), at 2)implantation (when the fertilized egg attaches to the Uteran Wall and Pregnancy begins), 3)when there is a heartbeat, 4)when the baby develops discernable brainwaves, or 5) at first movement (quickening) 6)at birth?

When (out of those 6) does "personhood" begin which gives the child the right to life?

prophet said:

Ruckman... ?When all those Indians and Hindus came into Bangladesh and Pakistan and raped about 2000 women and left them with about 800 illegitimate children, the good Catholic nuns, in order to increase the membership to the local church, decided it'd be a terrible sin to have any abortion. So the will of God for 800 women who were abused against their will to bear children for the Roman Catholic Church. I don't believe it!"
Well, I guess a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Psalms 137:9

Happy shall he be, that taketh
and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

prophet said:
prophet said:

Well, I guess a stopped clock is right twice a day.

You would think that. However...

Compromise on abortion? Ask the baby

prophet said:

So... your point, now... is to take the infants and kill all of them? I thought you believed they got their soul when they took their first breath.

Only on the FFF will you find a fundamentalist advocating infanticide.

prophet said:

So... your point, now... is to take the infants and kill all of them? I thought you believed they got their soul when they took their first breath.

Only on the FFF will you find a fundamentalist advocating infanticide.
How long have you been away?

I'm not a Ruckmanite.

I believe life begins at conception.

I quoted Scripture, you called it "infanticide".
Whatever, it's Scripture.

I don't have to be beholden to any external position, I'm at Liberty to judge, being possessed by the Holy Spirit.

To murder one's own offspring, for convenience, is an act of psycopathy.
To destroy the invading seed of an incestuous rapist, is most natural and was ordered by the Lord many times in the OT.

4 pages in and I still don't have any useful insight...?......just clich?'s and snarky nonsense...??.

Excluding rape, incest, and endangers the life of the mother, is Abortion an all or nothing issue?

You quoted an imprecatory Psalm to support your abortion argument.

That Psalm is talking about the post birth babies. So, I wonder why you used it.

You quoted an imprecatory Psalm to support your abortion argument.

That Psalm is talking about the post birth babies. So, I wonder why you used it.
"Abortion" is the enemy's term.

I hope you can see that I'm not advocating "abortion".

Just, that a rape victim has a right to destroy any remnant of the rapist's seed, should she so desire, without MY condemnation.

This is a matter of judgement, not principle.

And, like someone earlier on this thread quoted...
The instances of incest-rape pregnancy are extremely rare.

Let me ask you this...

If your wife was raped, and impregnated by the rapist, would you raise his bastard?

prophet said:
If your wife was raped, and impregnated by the rapist, would you raise his bastard?
Many Christians, including me and my wife, are raising other people's children. It is called "adoption." And has been a great blessing to my wife and me and our daughter, her husband, and our grandkids.

Thomas Cassidy said:
prophet said:
Many Christians, including me and my wife, are raising other people's children. It is called "adoption." And has been a great blessing to my wife and me and our daughter, her husband, and our grandkids.
As usual, you are an apples to oranges contraster.

Adoption is a choice, rape isn't, you're a boob.

prophet said:
As usual, you are an apples to oranges contraster.

Adoption is a choice, rape isn't, you're a boob.
And what, exactly, do you know of how our daughter was conceived?

And I would much rather be a boob for Christ then a hate filled baby killer.

cpizzle said:
4 pages in and I still don't have any useful insight...?......just clich?'s and snarky nonsense...??.

Excluding rape, incest, and endangers the life of the mother, is Abortion an all or nothing issue?
Yes. A person can only be a person from conception.

prophet said:

No. We would continue the pregnancy and consider adoption (if necessary).

Adding "murder" to a rape victim's conscience is not a good position. The procedure of abortion further hurts a woman, physically as well.