Is WHBC cold as ice these days?

Just me said:
Walt said:
Just me said:
It was an Independent Baptist Church in Denver Colorado in the 80's.

I was hoping you'd name it, in case it is one of the ones I know.

As for the preaching at WHBC....really?  Testimony of several on here tells otherwise.

I don't know -- I just made a guess based on what I've read that the leadership would be pushing very hard for new coverts/members, and so would be hitting soul-winning very hard.

Which later posts seem to have confirmed...

If you knew of the IFB churches in the 80's in Denver then you would know the church.

As for the preaching, you used the word 'hot" which would be incorrect depending on your definition  since words are relative in the IFB world.

In the IFBx background "hot" meant merely that the preacher yelled and screamed a lot.

Walt said:
Just me said:
Walt said:
Just me said:

As for the preaching at WHBC....really?  Testimony of several on here tells otherwise.

I don't know -- I just made a guess based on what I've read that the leadership would be pushing very hard for new coverts/members, and so would be hitting soul-winning very hard.

If you knew of the IFB churches in the 80's in Denver then you would know the church.

As for the preaching, you used the word 'hot" which would be incorrect depending on your definition  since words are relative in the IFB world.

In the IFBx background "hot" meant merely that the preacher yelled and screamed a lot.

Ok on the definition. Tom never screams or yells while preaching.  Monotones never do.  They also rarely keep your attention or interest for long.

Just me said:
Walt said:
Just me said:
Walt said:
Just me said:

Ok on the definition. Tom never screams or yells while preaching.  Monotones never do.  They also rarely keep your attention or interest for long.

He may not yell from the pulpit but if you don't do what he wants he will get mad at you and yell at you in his office.

JustABigKid said:
He may not yell from the pulpit but if you don't do what he wants he will get mad at you and yell at you in his office.

Have that tee shirt.

But we were talking about his preaching and I take issue with Tom's preaching being "hot".  Now he may be hot in his office but that is a different story all together.

That's what she said?

Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

Have that tee shirt.

But we were talking about his preaching and I take issue with Tom's preaching being "hot".  Now he may be hot in his office but that is a different story all together.

I will never understand how grown men would allow some sissy man yell at them like that........sad how a system holds people.

I wonder how James vinyard feels watching his empire crumble?

ExFundy said:

Obviously none of us can answer that question but we can speculate and observe.  The downfall of the empire started in the late 1990's to early 2000's from my observation.  The behavior of the place was always there but that is when the light started to shine on it.  Vineyards councelling techniques were getting a public light shined upon them in those days.  The early versions of the FFF became a real enemy to him.  Around that time his health started noticably going down hill.  The surgeries increased, the cancer spots on his skin increased and then the tumor started.  Al the while fighting his health issues his empire started the nose dive.  So he turned it over to Wayne hoping a bandaid would work.  It did not due to Waynes own issues so he then thought Tommy Boy was the answer.  Well he obviously is not and now the empire is well as Vineyard himself are just a shell of themselves.

I am sure he is overjoyed and overcome with happiness everyday!!!

Just me said:
ExFundy said:

Obviously none of us can answer that question but we can speculate and observe.  The downfall of the empire started in the late 1990's to early 2000's from my observation.  The behavior of the place was always there but that is when the light started to shine on it.  Vineyards councelling techniques were getting a public light shined upon them in those days.  The early versions of the FFF became a real enemy to him.  Around that time his health started noticably going down hill.  The surgeries increased, the cancer spots on his skin increased and then the tumor started.  Al the while fighting his health issues his empire started the nose dive.  So he turned it over to Wayne hoping a bandaid would work.  It did not due to Waynes own issues so he then thought Tommy Boy was the answer.  Well he obviously is not and now the empire is well as Vineyard himself are just a shell of themselves.

I would assume he blames "the people" isn't it always "the people's " fault in these type churches?

Bruh said:
Just me said:
ExFundy said:

I would assume he blames "the people" isn't it always "the people's " fault in these type churches?

Of course he would. It is always the evil forces outside the empire that are the problem.  It is an us againgst the world mentality within the walls of all cults. 

But as they have said over and over, "as long as there is one person who wants "to do right" they will keep the doors open!!"

"EVERYTHING rises or falls on leadership"

Yes but of course if it is the leadership that looks bad then its everyone else's fault

Back in 2005-2013 the school and church were on fire. Caleb Garraway, Michael Shaver, Justin Geiss were all there plus future seeker sensitive hipster pastor Joel McCarty, future dance instructor Tatiyana Rupe, and the world famous bodybuilder Jesse Stone (Jackson).

Too be fair to Jesse, he didn't like the elder Vineyard's dictatorship and that his grandfather Bob Ross was so loyal to the Vineyards. Jesse left in 2009 to go full liberal and now he worships under false teacher Keith Craft. Jesse is also a Joe Biden supporter and a BLM supporter.

The dominoes soon began to fall a few years later as Joel McCarty left and became a liberal seeker sensitive megachurch pastor. He credits false teacher Steven Furtick as his mentor. Furtick dresses like a homosexual and is not only unqualified he also supports abortion and homosexuality. Furtick is the kind of man that Vineyard would make fun of publicly and say homohphobic slurs at him then send his "Road Way" gang on him.

Tatiyana Rupe left soon afterwords and well....

Caleb Garraway remained faithful and loyal to the Vineyards as did Michael Shaver. Garraway is not a fan of BLM or liberals and is "Pulling America" as he's now a world famous evangelist and may run against Biden in 2024.

You could only imagine what disdain Vineyard had for Jesse Jackson (Stone) for leaving and Tommy had to talk to Ross several times about his grandson becoming a liberal. Well now that Jesse is a world famous bodybuilder and fitness model and supports Biden as President, Caleb remained faithful to the IFB's and the Vineyards and didn't compromise.

Caleb seriously needs to run for president in 2024 as America is now going to hell with Biden as President. You can thank all the seekers sensitive churches and Hellsong for this.