Is WHBC still KJV only?

Walt said:
Just me said:
I guess it should be of no surprise.

It appears the double standard continues for Tom and WHBC/OBC. This time concerning the use of other translations.

Seems Tommy Boy in fact does continue to let preaching form WHBC pulpit in a version other than the KJV continue.

When anyone speaks out he just tells them to follow along in their KJV and not worry about it.

Hmmmm  wonder if that will apply to other standards as well?

If the story is true (that a guest preacher was allowed to come in and preach out of another Bible) it seems that things are starting to slip there.

He has preached more than once and it would appear he will be back.  After all he is the banker that controls the loan for WHBC. Oh and he is Church of Christ.

SMH at that place

Well rumour mill has it that Tomy Boy is just waiting for Daddy V to kick the bucket as he is pretty sickly these years.  Once he is gone rumour has it that he will go in a new direction like Champion has gone under Capaci.  He sees hard core IFBism as dying or dead already.

I wonder if he listens to Osteen late at nights?

Just me said:
Well rumour mill has it that Tomy Boy is just waiting for Daddy V to kick the bucket as he is pretty sickly these years.  Once he is gone rumour has it that he will go in a new direction like Champion has gone under Capaci.  He sees hard core IFBism as dying or dead already.

So, he isn't preaching what he believes, but what his father believes? (assuming the above is true).  That's the real problem. If one doesn't believe in "hard core IFBism", naturally, one thinks it is dying.

Another casualty of success worship.

Just me said:

My initial reaction is that I find this hard to believe because of some of the men that are still there but the more I think about it the more I could see this happening. Those same men helped him sweep everything that happened last summer under the rug and let him continue in the pastorate so why wouldn't they let him move them away from KJV only etc. While I could see this being his plan to maybe bring the church back there is such a bad reputation around town I don't think it will help.

Vineyard probably listens to Perry Noble/Steven Furtick. Tom may look to go Seeker Sensitive!