Jack Hyles Legacy

To this day I avoid being in a car alone with a female. I want to eliminate any possibility of impropriety and even the appearance of it. I did learn that at FBC and it's good instructions.

TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:
As I have mentioned before, the depositions given by Bro. Hyles himself in the JN-VN divorce are conclusive, in my opinion, in proving gross impropriety at the very least, even if you can not wrap your arms around the Scarlet Letter.

This is as far as I let my mind go.  I have no conclusive proof of anything more, nor has anyone else been able to "prove" anything beyond conjecture based on highly inappropriate behavior. 

I have been taught by Bro Hyles and others at FBCH not to do many of the things he admitted or proven he did.  Not sin of transgression, but behaviors that you just don't do as a married man.  I have followed those teachings and found them to be wise.  I wish all our leadership had.

bgwilkinson said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
bgwilkinson said:
I believe she and her brother still maintain them, only more so now.

Why would they make those accusations of it were not true?
To destroy their mother?
To destroy Dr Hyles?
To hurt FBCH?

Their allegations, that have not been corrected or re-canted over the years, remain devastating. Put that together with Mrs Hyles actions and the stand of the Hyles children and it makes me think they were telling the truth.

What is the 'true believer' position?
That the children of his secretary are simply lying?

As I have mentioned before, the depositions given by Bro. Hyles himself in the JN-VN divorce are conclusive, in my opinion, in proving gross impropriety at the very least, even if you can not wrap your arms around the Scarlet Letter.

In my opinion there is no way a pastor should interpose himself into a divorce.

These depositions are on file at the Lake County Courthouse and are open for public perusal.

They support the veracity of the testimony of VN children.

Can the  depositions be accessed online?

Walt said:
bgwilkinson said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
bgwilkinson said:
I believe she and her brother still maintain them, only more so now.

Why would they make those accusations of it were not true?
To destroy their mother?
To destroy Dr Hyles?
To hurt FBCH?

Their allegations, that have not been corrected or re-canted over the years, remain devastating. Put that together with Mrs Hyles actions and the stand of the Hyles children and it makes me think they were telling the truth.

What is the 'true believer' position?
That the children of his secretary are simply lying?

In my opinion there is no way a pastor should interpose himself into a divorce.

These depositions are on file at the Lake County Courthouse and are open for public perusal.

They support the veracity of the testimony of VN children.

Can the  depositions be accessed online?

If so, will someone provide a link?
Mr Wilkinson, I'd also like your take on the response of the church family, church leadership and the true believers to the Vichick (sp) children and the deposition of Dr Hyles.