Jack Hyles

Hyles was a great motivator! If he hadn't helped motivate many pastors to start bus ministries, my family would probably have never come to know Christ back in the early 70s. He also helped many get a Bible college education. I can't say I agree with a lot of what he did or said, but I do give credit where credit is due. We ALL have a sin nature, and even King David made his mistakes...yet God used him, and is continuing to use him today! I believe the same can be said of Hyles.
It's one of the great mysteries that God can bring good out of bad situations... there were souls saved under Hyles' ministry, and pastors were encouraged, and people were motivated to trust God and to continue working and serving.
King David committed adultery and murder; these are not merely a "mistake". They are grievous sins against a holy God!
Moreover, it is an error to compare a pastor to a king (even if some pastor believe themselves to be kings). David suffered greatly for his sins.
While many have been helped and encouraged by Jack Hyles, many, many others have been spiritually wounded and scarred - and if not be Hyles directly, then by the multitude of pastors and churches that took up his unscriptural ways.

I had gathered that Hyles didn't like Weniger because Weniger was taking a stand against him. He had heard many things about Hyles. I was raised near Peoria, and Dr. Weniger was a customer of the Western store that my parents were partners in. While growing up, I went every year to the Youth Conclave in Normal! I always loved going over to Calvary Baptist to visit. I always liked Dr. Weniger, and I wish he would have been able to continue on as the president of MBBC, but the Lord had other plans for him. I held him, and still do, though he's now with the Lord, in high esteem.
God used one Youth Conclave in Normal to really change my life.

From the Preacher Boys Podcast. Apparently Curtis Hutson knew about Hyles' antics behind the scenes but always defended him. Since Curtis admired Hyles so much, Tony Hutson still reveres Hyles to this day as do Larry Brown and Jack Trieber.
I've heard of the letter -- I'm not sure what to think about it. I really admired Curtis Hutson back in the day.

It's one of the great mysteries that God can bring good out of bad situations... there were souls saved under Hyles' ministry, and pastors were encouraged, and people were motivated to trust God and to continue working and serving.
King David committed adultery and murder; these are not merely a "mistake". They are grievous sins against a holy God!
Moreover, it is an error to compare a pastor to a king (even if some pastor believe themselves to be kings). David suffered greatly for his sins.
While many have been helped and encouraged by Jack Hyles, many, many others have been spiritually wounded and scarred - and if not be Hyles directly, then by the multitude of pastors and churches that took up his unscriptural ways.
Yes, I agree. My wife and I suffered under several Hyles graduates as our pastors.

God used one Youth Conclave in Normal to really change my life.
Dr. Weniger was a family friend. He also was a customer of the Western wear store in Pekin, IL that my parents were partners in. I was glad when he took the position of President of MBBC back in 1983! Hyles hated that idea and had no qualms in stating it in front of MBBC students. I lost all respect for Hyles the day he did that!

Bro Hyles legacy video. He certainly was another Frank Sinatra as he did it "His Way".

Sadly he was an imposter who fooled us all. And covered for his son all the while knowing of his destructive life destroying others in his path. Its sad no one stood up to him and it just shows how we all followed in line. Until we left and looked from another side. There were several people who called him out but they were discarded as liars.
He surely was an impostor and those trips he took each week often involved a meeting with some pastor who was trying to unload a pedophile, serial rapist, or serial fornicator. He brought them to Hammond and turned them loose on unsuspecting prey. I know because those actions made me another victim! He was good at what he did alright! More than 40 years ago and I remember it all very vividly! All of them gossip. All of them hide behind the pulpit. All of them judge the wrong party. Thank God for the few who knew how it really was and that there were others like me. I took my revenge, but I can never get back what was taken from me at a tender age.

No matter what you think of "The Great One" he did inspire a lot of the IFB bigwigs that still revere him today like Tony Hutson, Larry Brown, Jack Trieber etc.

Bro. Tony reminds the folks at FBCH why he acts the way he does mixing comedy with scripture and who he got it from.

Tony is a show man and his humor is in poor taste this is just my opinion

Tony is a show man and his humor is in poor taste this is just my opinion
When my wife and I visited his church for several months, we weren't impressed. The false crying in the pulpit made us sick! How much false emotions should we as members/visitors put up with? NONE! It's not from God.

Tony did run a lot of people off with his comedy but so did Hyles. Hyles had the Don Rickles approach would shame people publicly from the pulpit especially if someone left their seats during the service.
Turds of a feather.

The truth
As do I... good point!
It has to be kept out there so that we are all mindful of what DID happen and what can still happen. Would you not want someone who committed grievous crimes against the loved ones you have, or yourself to “ serve their time” and be punished? He never served a DAY! He just up and died. I’ve “served“ more than 40 years because of the criminal he set loose on others and on me. I will tell that story until I die!

As do I... good point!
We have to keep the truth going so that others know and are on notice of what happened and what to look for! It has been more than 40 years since he allowed and instigated what happened to me. I will tell it until the day I die in any group where young people are vulnerable to predators and their atrocities can be swept under the rug!

Another great sermon from the "Great One". From If you went to HAC/FBCH at the time you may remember this from the 1995 Pastor's School. It was also around the time Michael Jordan was coming back to the NBA and Jack Hyles had a problem with that and mentions it in this sermon.

"Boys should have pictures of Lee Roberson on the wall and not Michael Jordan" Jack Hyles.

Another great sermon from the "Great One". From If you went to HAC/FBCH at the time you may remember this from the 1995 Pastor's School. It was also around the time Michael Jordan was coming back to the NBA and Jack Hyles had a problem with that and mentions it in this sermon.

"Boys should have pictures of Lee Roberson on the wall and not Michael Jordan" Jack Hyles.

`
Why even post this apostates speaking on here? Are you insane??? Seems so, troll!