Jeff Owens has a new church!

I think Mrs Owens should wait at least a few years before she speaks at Ladies Conferences again. I think the circumstances behind him leaving SBBC are even a "big name" like him could only get a small church to call him.

ebcpastor said:
I went to hear Bro. Owens preach at a church in my town a few years ago, while he was still pastoring in WV, what I heard was a different man than I use to hear in college. Excellent message, very helpful, and he was very humble in the preaching. I have also talked to him a couple times. IMO he is definitely a different preacher. I have a serious problem with his wife speaking at ladies conferences still. I almost spit out my drink when my wife told me she was speaking at a conference. I just shook my head though, it does not surprise me a pastor would have her come, and other pastors would send ladies to hear her speak. Very disappointed, but not surprised to see it.
Who is having her speak?
You can PM me if you don't want to say publicly. 

16KJV11 said:
ebcpastor said:
I went to hear Bro. Owens preach at a church in my town a few years ago, while he was still pastoring in WV, what I heard was a different man than I use to hear in college. Excellent message, very helpful, and he was very humble in the preaching. I have also talked to him a couple times. IMO he is definitely a different preacher. I have a serious problem with his wife speaking at ladies conferences still. I almost spit out my drink when my wife told me she was speaking at a conference. I just shook my head though, it does not surprise me a pastor would have her come, and other pastors would send ladies to hear her speak. Very disappointed, but not surprised to see it.
Who is having her speak?
That needs a public notice....the good old boy, sweep it under the carpet club & snow my people crowd needs a spotlight shinned on them.

fishinnut said:
16KJV11 said:
ebcpastor said:
Who is having her speak?
That needs a public notice....the good old boy, sweep it under the carpet club & snow my people crowd needs a spotlight shinned on them.

I agree.  It seems almost too far fetched to be true.  Give us the name of where she spoke.

Interesting info when you google his name!

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
16KJV11 said:
ebcpastor said:
Who is having her speak?

I agree.  It seems almost too far fetched to be true.  Give us the name of where she spoke.
My dime to your doughnut they'll be HACkers!

You guys are LAME.  Such sarcasm and criticism.  I have only heard Jeff's sermons here and there, admittedly, but -- even if he WAS humbled, etc... who are you to demand that of him or his 'style'?  We all grow as Christians, even those in the pulpit.  Have a little respect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

idotta said:
You guys are LAME.  Such sarcasm and criticism.  I have only heard Jeff's sermons here and there, admittedly, but -- even if he WAS humbled, etc... who are you to demand that of him or his 'style'?  We all grow as Christians, even those in the pulpit.  Have a little respect.

idotta said:

Rom 13:7
7 Render therefore to all their dues:tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Those who continue to act as if they should receive honour, long after they have disgraced the cause of Christ, should expect to be resisted.

idotta said:

I am nobody but a sinner saved by grace, but I have a command from Almighty God to try the spirits and to judge righteous judgment.  I stand by what I said earlier, and I will add that I have no personal animus against Jeff Owens:

I only heard him speak 4-5 times, but NONE of the messages were Biblical.  He would take a word or two from a Scripture reading, and than go off and "preach" his opinion -- not his opinion on what the Bible says, but just his opinion. Hopefully, he "preaches" differently when he is not traveling.

idotta said:

We learned the sarcasm & criticism from a master, Jackie-boy Hyles, that's who some of us are.

You on the other hand must have learned to put certain preachers on pedestals & swallowed his off-the-wall sermon on Samson/Davey-boy from Jackie-boy also.

Love Bro. Owens.  Haven't talked to him in years.

But he has disqualified himself from pastoring.  But I guess that's between him and his church.

Grace Baptist Church of Cedar Grove, NC has a flyer on their Facebook for their ladies conference...and Shery (sp?) Owens is a featured guest speaker.

brainisengaged said:
Grace Baptist Church of Cedar Grove, NC has a flyer on their Facebook for their ladies conference...and Shery (sp?) Owens is a featured guest speaker.

yge2a5a7.jpg

qwerty said:
brainisengaged said:

yge2a5a7.jpg
How quaint! A mother of a rapist and a mother of a sodomite are giving instruction to other ladies.

No wonder we ain't right!

This is a post from a site I stumbled upon when I googled Scherry Owens' name, from 2013:

barry on January 12, 2013 at 3:45 am
I am a member of SBBC. Jeff Owens resigned. I was there… cut and dried. Domelle is a just a preacher that yells all through his messages and give very little meat. I heard him preach the first time and it turned me off right away… not one time did he mention God or Jesus, however, Jack Hyles was mentioned at least 20 times. He left SBBC when he realized that he would not become pastor there. He high-tailed it out of Dodge real fast. Mrs. Owens did have an affair…fact… Bro. Owens has tried to cover it up. When he fired his son, all he announced was that his son was involved in sexual sin and that was it… never mentioned it again. Not much was mentioned about his youngest son who spent time in prison for having sex with a 14 year old and 15 year old girls when he was 20. That is another story for he got a pretty hard sentence when those girls knew exactly what they were doing. Bro. Owens never mentioned about this same son having a criminal record and being on probation in Indiana. Now, the deacons fired Craig Bush for being loyal to Jeff Owens. Bush had hoped that Bro. Owens would take some time off and come back to pastor. The deacons would have none of that. Now, contrary to what Bush has preached/taught (I was in his Sunday school class) he has started another church in Martinsburg. Most of all the Hammonites have followed him. I consider that unethical.

IFB X-Files said:
prophet said:
How quaint! A mother of a rapist and a mother of a sodomite are giving instruction to other ladies.

Help me out.  Which one is which.
Tim Berry, sodomite son of Gary and the big-mouthed Missus, was my roomate my fresman year at Hac.
Once I told him that I knew he was a fruit loop, and he said: "is it that obvious?"

Owens- has two sons with their mother's  adultery issues, one who likes junior highers, and has done time twice for it.

What the  Hyles are we thinking?

brainisengaged said:
This is a post from a site I stumbled upon when I googled Scherry Owens' name, from 2013:

barry on January 12, 2013 at 3:45 am
I am a member of SBBC. Jeff Owens resigned. I was there… cut and dried. Domelle is a just a preacher that yells all through his messages and give very little meat. I heard him preach the first time and it turned me off right away… not one time did he mention God or Jesus, however, Jack Hyles was mentioned at least 20 times. He left SBBC when he realized that he would not become pastor there. He high-tailed it out of Dodge real fast. Mrs. Owens did have an affair…fact… Bro. Owens has tried to cover it up. When he fired his son, all he announced was that his son was involved in sexual sin and that was it… never mentioned it again. Not much was mentioned about his youngest son who spent time in prison for having sex with a 14 year old and 15 year old girls when he was 20. That is another story for he got a pretty hard sentence when those girls knew exactly what they were doing. Bro. Owens never mentioned about this same son having a criminal record and being on probation in Indiana. Now, the deacons fired Craig Bush for being loyal to Jeff Owens. Bush had hoped that Bro. Owens would take some time off and come back to pastor. The deacons would have none of that. Now, contrary to what Bush has preached/taught (I was in his Sunday school class) he has started another church in Martinsburg. Most of all the Hammonites have followed him. I consider that unethical.
Yes, Owens suddenly had to go "pastor" elsewhere, when his middle son was arrested twice in 6 months for burglary and the like.
He was a minor, living in his Dad's house, at the time, so let no one excuse us for not sitting Jeff back in the pew at that time.
We dropped the ball.

I wonder if Mrs. Owens was just tired of the weird relationship Craig Bush had with her husband, and dallied to get his attention back?

We'll never know, because the Nocolaitans must lie to cover their hypocrisy, to retain their sycophantic minions.

Let the truth out in little doses, until we are tired of the story, and willing to ignore the Scriptural admonition, in order to continue our perceived success.

prophet said:
qwerty said:
brainisengaged said:

yge2a5a7.jpg

No wonder we ain't right!

Is this the "Charles Hamilton" that married Scarlett?

qwerty said:
brainisengaged said:

yge2a5a7.jpg

While I'm quite willing to give Jeff Owens the benefit of the doubt and say that he acted properly in resigning, I am highly offended that his wife is being pushed back out on the speaking tour.  Let her prove herself transformed for several years before I will send my wife and/or daughter to listen to her.

This is just wrong!