Jeff Owens has a new church!

Here is my thing, bad enough that she is going to speak somewhere,... But even more blame goes to the church/pastor that requested her.

Where have you people been all of these years? You all need to get your priorities straight!! As long as she doesn't wear "britches" that is the main thing that matters. Adultery can be dealt with discreetly but britches on women will disqualify you every time!

BALAAM said:
Where have you people been all of these years? You all need to get your priorities straight!! As long as she doesn't wear "britches" that is the main thing that matters. Adultery can be dealt with discreetly but britches on women will disqualify you every time!

And some of you may think that I am joking and maybe I am to some extent. But I can 100% guarantee that they would not have her speak if she wore pants. Adultery; get over it.

BALAAM said:
BALAAM said:

And some of you may think that I am joking and maybe I am to some extent. But I can 100% guarantee that they would not have her speak if she wore pants. Adultery; get over it.

Very true.  :(

Bravo said:
Here is my thing, bad enough that she is going to speak somewhere,... But even more blame goes to the church/pastor that requested her.

And lest I forget the last group,... If you put down good money to go hear her speak you deserve a good part of the blame as well.

Mrs Cathy Berry is precious we visited her church in Charlotte, NC. I couldn't go there faithfully but she is a wonderful speaker.

Sherryh said:
Mrs Cathy Berry is precious we visited her church in Charlotte, NC. I couldn't go there faithfully but she is a wonderful speaker.

She is a woman preacher..... plan and simple. It amazes me how IFBs have taken to thinking..... that if a women.....somehow...... "just speaks" to other women.... She is somehow... NOT..... a women preacher. Its ridiculous. Entirely ridiculous.

Has it really gotten to the point that mothers and wives can't teach their own children..... or that called men of God..... can't preach a proper message to women?

Mrs. Cathy Berry has nothing more than a "job". NOTHING MORE. Stop collect love offerings for her and the ones like her....... and you'll never see them again.

admin said:
yge2a5a7.jpg

I don't know about the rest of you, but what offends me about this banquet is the flyer. The overuse and coloration of that font! Yikes! ;)

I don't particularly like "play on words" captions. I think..... I think I entirely hate this one....

Leave it to a silly women to fall for the "pretty flowers and lady bugs". Its just.....so precious.

I thought the brochure was over the top, pretty as a lady bug????? someone not in advertising surely came up with that one!!

I would not go hear her. I have no respect for her and what she has done in her live and lack of parenting skills for her sons!

kaba: I would not go hear her. I have no respect for her and what she has done in her live and lack of parenting skills for her sons!

And if you've ever had a personal run-in with her (Schery Owens), you'd have that image implanted in your mind as well. She is a shrew.  :eek:

Dont get me wrong, I am not perfect! But I want to listen to ladies that have integrity, and just a personal opinion, but if a woman chooses to break her wedding vows----not someone I want to get advice from!

I know both women personally well enough that they know and call me by my name. I have never heard Mrs. Owens speak (to my recollection), nor would I intentionally listen to her now, although I do believe ....much, much further down the road of restoration....she could possibly speak to a select small group here and there, but not as a "featured speaker". (But I'm still not sure I would ever ask her to.)

I've listened to Mrs, Berry in a meeting, in her ladies'SS class, and have sat around a table with her more than once,  I would not call her a woman preacher, but one who is a "teacher of good things" as the Bible says.

admin said:
yge2a5a7.jpg

I don't know about the rest of you, but what offends me about this banquet is the flyer. The overuse and coloration of that font! Yikes! ;)

I believe they got the idea from the book "Let's Use Forms and Letters".  :)

patriotic said:
I've listened to Mrs, Berry in a meeting, in her ladies'SS class, and have sat around a table with her more than once,  I would not call her a woman preacher, but one who is a "teacher of good things" as the Bible says.

Explain the difference between a women preacher and a "teacher of good things"?

Titus 2:3 wasn't talking about some holding a women's conference down at the local church where see "instructed" others.

kaba I agree with you ...I would not walk across the street to hear Mrs Owens

christundivided  Everyone has an opinion ..........thank you for sharing

Sherryh said:
kaba I agree with you ...I would not walk across the street to hear Mrs Owens

christundivided  Everyone has an opinion ..........thank you for sharing

I am certain your opinon is more important what the Scriptures teach. I've brought up a valid issue. An issue that I heard preached against for decades. Now, within the last 10 years, those same men now send their wives to preach to other women and have no problems at all with it. I can't help but see hypocrisy in their beliefs.

I do have an opinion and some advice for you. You don't need Kathy Berry to tell/teach you anything. You don't. Your Master will lead you. Your pastor will lead you. Your husband will help you. You don't need to have a pity party down at your local women's club. You don't need another women patting you on the back telling you they understand and can help you. You've already got all the help you need....

I totally understand and agree to the greater extent. Personally,  I am not a fan of women's conferences, although I have helped plan, coordinated, "emceed",  and have spoken at several. However,  this is definitely a different day than Titus. Many women aren't taught. I know. I work with young adults and young couples on a daily basis.  It's sad, really. Often, I can only shake my head. Homes have first failed, and someone else is tryimg to pick up the slack. I would think church would be the next best place. 

To be sure, my mother taught me, working alongside me, having me work alongside her. I learned Scripture and its principles at her chair (not diminishing my father's role in that)  and I strove to do the same with all my children, although, as a teacher, I have a long list of ways I wish I would have been better.

I understand where you are coming from Christundivided.

But dont you think people need encouragement or just fellowship? The womans conferences provides that.

christundivided, It's been years since I've heard Mrs Berry. The last ladies meeting I attended was at my church and it was a breath of fresh air. The speaker was real and down to earth. She shared her heart which touched many. I don't really follow people. I have a group of ladies that are wonderful prayer warriors for me. I follow the Lord He's my guide.......

Sherryh said:
christundivided, It's been years since I've heard Mrs Berry. The last ladies meeting I attended was at my church and it was a breath of fresh air. The speaker was real and down to earth. She shared her heart which touched many. I don't really follow people. I have a group of ladies that are wonderful prayer warriors for me. I follow the Lord He's my guide.......

My issue is not necessarily with her....

I've meet her a time or two myself. She seemed like a nice lady. My issue is with the hypocrisy concerning the events.