Jesus was a "friend of sinners"?

The Rogue Tomato said:
Citadel of Truth said:
I will not compromise when I attend my office Christmas party and eat with unsaved people, some of who will be drinking adult beverages. 

Oooh.... such heinous sins!! 

Citadel of Truth said:
I do not condemn them. I do not shun them. I do not elevate myself above them.

No, not at all.  I mean, one could never draw that conclusion from "I will not eat with unsaved people, some of who [sic] will be drinking adult beverages."

Anyone with two functioning brain cells understands that this is not at all what I said. For being such a grammar expert, it surprises me that you cannot understand a simple sentence.

Let me help you out here. Here is my statement in context:
Jesus did not compromise by eating with publicans and sinners. I will not compromise when I attend my office Christmas party and eat with unsaved people, some of who will be drinking adult beverages. I love them and do my very best (humanly speaking) to be a light and salt to them. I do not condemn them. I do not shun them. I do not elevate myself above them. But for the grace of God, I would be a hell-bound sinner. But, I, also by the grace of God, will not allow their lifestyles, morals, and values to influence me to compromise my beliefs, which, whether you see it or not, has been my point all along.

In other words, "I will not compromise when I attend my office Christmas party; and, [I will not compromise when I] eat with unsaved people..." Of course, I know you already knew this is what I meant but I wanted to restate it here for the honest people.

Recovering IFB said:
We are all Pharisees
To one degree or another, we all are...I agree.

And Yet Jesus loved the young ruler...........
I fail to see the relevance.

no, but you have to understand the context what the authors of Scripture wrote to a certain culture, hint; it wasnt 21st century America
What has changed? Has man's sin nature changed? Has man's need of a Savior changed? Has God's expectations for His children changed?

too bad drinking is not a sin.....
::)

hate to break it to you, you're still a sinner and somewhere you are compromised
If you would take the time to read, you would find that I have clearly expressed my full awareness that I am indeed a sinner. So, you didn't break it to me....it's old news.

Sorry, I'm not arguing. Im just discussing biblical issues
You use the word "biblical" very loosely.

Citadel of Truth said:
hate to break it to you, you're still a sinner and somewhere you are compromised
If you would take the time to read, you would find that I have clearly expressed my full awareness that I am indeed a sinner. So, you didn't break it to me....it's old news.

I don't beleive, you believe this. Your proper veiw of your own failings would alter your veiw on the lost.

Recovering IFB said:
I don't beleive, you believe this. Your proper veiw of your own failings would alter your veiw on the lost.

Three things:

[list type=decimal]
[*]If the Tomato were consistent, he would have a heyday correcting this post.
[*]Believe what you will; I have sufficiently backed-up my beliefs with scripture - you, on the other hand, have not. Instead, you offer a man's commentary.
[*]Exactly what is my view on the lost, in your opinion?
[/list]

Citadel of Truth said:
  • Believe what you will; I have sufficiently backed-up my beliefs with scripture - you, on the other hand, have not. Instead, you offer a man's commentary.

• I gave you examples what Jesus did, which you can find in Scripture. Which leads me to believe you struggle with Bibliolatry. It appears to me through your posts that you strive to live by the 'Laws of Scripture" rather than reading Scripture to find Jesus. I think you look to put yourself under the bondage of laws rather than seeking Jesus who gives freedom. Its The Bible that points us to Jesus.(John 5:39)

Citadel of Truth said:
    • Exactly what is my view on the lost, in your opinion?

I believe you are synergistic. I think you look for lost people have to change their behavior, because all you see is what sinful things they do, rather than seeing them born, cursed.