John Tutton Leaving HAC

But still, even if there are less than 500 students enrolled at HAC currently...isn't that a fair amount of students to educate / oversee? It is really quite a responsibility.

Does HAC properly equip young people for the ministry? Are there statistics available for success in placing graduates into ministry positions? Can a young person attending the school reasonably expect to be employable / employed upon graduation?

I know there used to regularly be an influx of married couples from out-of-state churches joining FBC at the end of summer, in preparation for enrolling at HAC. I would say that is much more rare now.

Is the school dying...or redefining? Why are we so married to it if it is no longer viable?

Bgwilkinson, what were you told the college was / would be back in the day when you and others were asked to sacrifice to build it? How is different from that now?

I am just trying to understand. Having never gone there...or to any Christian school ever.... I know I get an odd vibe whenever I have to step foot on the campus of HAC. I cannot say I could ever envision myself feeling comfortable there. It certainly is a different world...

16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
Less than 500?
Not sure what it was in the early 90's when I was there, but the balcony had to be used during chapel if that says anything.
Between the Schaap heresy/fiasco, the HAC jailed grads, the fact that Bro. Wilkerson is no dynamo, and the overall decline of IFB'dom, HAC is devolving into a third rate Bible institute.

Your'e assuming it was ever more!  :eek:
Hey, isn't that where YOU graduated, brainstorm?

Right-O, my friend...... right-o...

I never claimed the academics were steller - they weren't and I knew it at the time.  Having only known FBCH, HB and HAC, I was ignorant of much of how the world and churches really work.  I simply believed that I should be there, graduate and go set the world on fire.  In the process, I was severely burned.  The scars are deep, my friend.......  the scars are deep.

There was a time (80's & early 90's) when many Hac graduates were being hired by churches outside the FBCH camp and many even outside the IFB. Churches & pastors knew if they hired a graduating couple from Hac they would usually get a couple who were the following:

1. Hard workers.
2. Soul winners (would help grow the church).
3. Trained in church outreach & ministries.
4. Highly loyal to their employer.
5. Willing to work cheap.

I think the quality of the education was less important to hiring pastors as the quality of the training.
I was always surprised at how many graduates went to work for SBC, Community & Bible churches after leaving HAC.

Wesley - it's true.  I spoke to a student there after I heard it a week ago.  She is from FBC and attends PCC. 

That won't be the last Tutton there.  There is another daughter married to Danny Mendez who is there. 

sword said:
There was a time (80's & early 90's) when many Hac graduates were being hired by churches outside the FBCH camp and many even outside the IFB. Churches & pastors knew if they hired a graduating couple from Hac they would usually get a couple who were the following:

1. Hard workers.

I think the quality of the education was less important to hiring pastors as the quality of the training.
I was always surprised at how many graduates went to work for SBC, Community & Bible churches after leaving HAC.

No Bible.  This explains a lot, talk to graduates from schools like hac, Gomez, Capaci, Jenkins........No Bible knowledge.

Bruh said:
sword said:

1. Hard workers.

No Bible.  This explains a lot, talk to graduates from schools like hac, Gomez, Capaci, Jenkins........No Bible knowledge.

I agree with you here Bruhski! However, I am afraid that most people will not realize this until they do get away and look at their education from a different perspective. I am glad John and Linda Tutton are going into a little different venue. It will be a culture shock for her especially. IMO

Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
Less than 500?
Not sure what it was in the early 90's when I was there, but the balcony had to be used during chapel if that says anything.
Between the Schaap heresy/fiasco, the HAC jailed grads, the fact that Bro. Wilkerson is no dynamo, and the overall decline of IFB'dom, HAC is devolving into a third rate Bible institute.

Your'e assuming it was ever more!  :eek:
Hey, isn't that where YOU graduated, brainstorm?

Right-O, my friend...... right-o...

I never claimed the academics were steller - they weren't and I knew it at the time.  Having only known FBCH, HB and HAC, I was ignorant of much of how the world and churches really work.  I simply believed that I should be there, graduate and go set the world on fire.  In the process, I was severely burned.  The scars are deep, my friend.......  the scars are deep.

The academics, at least for the Bible majors, was at best, anemic.
But my wife graduated with an English major and is an excellent teacher.

I heard this as well at least a month ago. It's a bit funny that this kid came from LBT in Texas, was on staff at HAC now getting hired at PCC. Hard to follow the dots on this one. More power to him, he seems like a decent guy. RY's daughter may be in for a world of education herself once she realizes the world doesn't operate the way RY does.

Bruh said:
sword said:

1. Hard workers.

No Bible knowledge is maybe an understatement.

IMHO

bgwilkinson said:
Bruh said:
sword said:

1. Hard workers.

IMHO

I guess what I am saying is, Bible knowledge when it comes to doctrine.  Salvation, Baptism, the Lords Table.  I believe they are taught to be motivational speakers not preachers of the Bible.  They are taught to come up with an idea and try to find something to say instead of allowing scripture to speak for itself. 

If it was bad before, it was much worse when I was there. I began college the fall after Schaap became the pastor. He pillaged the college staff, bringing the best :)Ha Ha, over to the church. My bible teachers were Chris Teft, Matt Millen, Troy Blackwell, Mike Fish, later on Richard Tudor and many others that were just as bad.

I admit I get a little bitter when I look back on it.

Bruh said:
bgwilkinson said:
Bruh said:
sword said:

1. Hard workers.

IMHO

I guess what I am saying is, Bible knowledge when it comes to doctrine.  Salvation, Baptism, the Lords Table.  I believe they are taught to be motivational speakers not preachers of the Bible.  They are taught to come up with an idea and try to find something to say instead of allowing scripture to speak for itself.
Bingo