JOY EVANS RYDER

Joy was never wild in high school........

Walt said:
Willis Athey said:
Either way, why was Wendell such a coward? I've never understood his lack of backbone in this matter.

I have long thought that he coveted his position, but someone here also brought up that he may have wanted to protect his daughter against having all of her misdeeds published far and wild.  She was reported to be a little wild.

This is all speculation. Dave raped a 15 year old and her dad's response was weak at best. There is absolutely no excuse or justification for this. There's no such thing as consent or "she was wild" in this story. You guys are nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sherryh said:

because that wild pony was already broken....

Ok, I'm sorry... couldn't resist

WESLEY said:
Sherryh said:

Really sad that you can mock that kind of perverted abuse. I'm shocked Dave is still breathing--he's obviously very fortunate not to have touched anyone with a strong male in the family.

Yes! What is all this? I thought that the forum was against child molesting! Or is that only if the religion is Catholic? She was an underage girl! She was abused, threatened, confused, VIOLATED! DH clearly has had a pattern! THEN, her parents handle it in a way that is not as supportive as it might have been--perhaps, I'm not sure. I wasn't in the room at the time, AND NEITHER WERE YOU! WTH? She was "wild", a "broken pony"? Get your minds out of the gutter! You're talking out of both sides of your mouth and it's not right! Where are the admins here? Sick! Sick! Sick!

WESLEY said:
Heard recently from a reliable source that Joy was "smuggled" into the HAC men's dorms when she was a student.... any truth to this?

Your reliable source merged incidences.  There were girls "smuggled" better term would have been "were snuck in" but she was never of those reported.

WESLEY said:
Sherryh said:

Wow!  You've got a problem, dude....and you let it show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:
Heard recently from a reliable source that Joy was "smuggled" into the HAC men's dorms when she was a student.... any truth to this?

Your reliable source merged incidences.  There were girls "smuggled" better term would have been "were snuck in" but she was never of those reported.

Why did you sneak those gals in, Tides?

Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:

I was not a student during those days and was never a dorm student.

TidesofTruth said:
Willis Athey said:
TidesofTruth said:
WESLEY said:

I was not a student during those days and was never a dorm student.

So Tides, were you always an off-campus student at HAC?

sawthruglassclearly said:
If "Walt" or "16KJV11" have now, or ever did, a teenage daughter-- they wouldn't post things like that! (and it's "far and wide", NOT "far and wild")

I was just quoting what Paula said.  She said that Joy was "a bit wild", and I'm IN NO WAY EXCUSING DH for anything.

Walt said:
If "Walt" or "16KJV11" have now, or ever did, a teenage daughter-- they wouldn't post things like that! (and it's "far and wide", NOT "far and wild")

I was just quoting what Paula said.  She said that Joy was "a bit wild", and I'm IN NO WAY EXCUSING DH for anything.
DH and JS are both wicked men, should have known better, and deserve punishment.
However, I was in public high school and can attest that neither teen girls nor boys were chaste in the least.  If you think otherwise, you have your head in the sand. 

16KJV11 said:
Walt said:

DH and JS are both wicked men, should have known better, and deserve punishment.
However, I was in public high school and can attest that neither teen girls nor boys were chaste in the least.  If you think otherwise, you have your head in the sand.

The same exact thing can be said about Christian schools as well. Doesn't matter in relation to this topic. Jack Sr was a scoundrel, Dave is a pervert, and Jack Jr is a reprobate.

WAH

Willis Athey said:
16KJV11 said:
Walt said:

The same exact thing can be said about Christian schools as well. Doesn't matter in relation to this topic. Jack Sr was a scoundrel, Dave is a pervert, and Jack Jr is a reprobate.

WAH

That can be said about any school, you heard of Joe Paterno yet?

TheRealJonStewart said:
Willis Athey said:
16KJV11 said:
Walt said:

WAH

JoPa is your dad, right?

WAH

Willis Athey said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Willis Athey said:
16KJV11 said:
Walt said:

WAH

JoPa is your dad, right?

WAH

Wrong again, my dad was Donald Leibowitz, a college professor.

What I meant, in my original comment, was that it would be quite difficult to convince the parent of a teenage girl, that their daughter was seeking and enjoying the inappropriate attentions of an authority figure in her life. Even if you thought it possible, you should have some deeply serious questions for said authority figure, if he ever wakes up from the beating you gave him first! Everything about ANY authority figure in ANY situation REMOTELY LIKE THAT IS DEAD WRONG! You protect your child, whose psyche is still developing and you see justice and punishment for the predator!

Well... I apologize.

I was going by my recollections of what Paula said, and my takeaway was that she was a bit wild.  Below is part of the transcript (the "..." are not left out words, just pauses in what was said):

She was somewhat of a... let me tell you this...  she... Joy was a real attention-getter and would go to almost any extreme... to get attention... as a teenager. And... because of their lifestyle; her parents were both so busy, and, that, you know, they just were so busy doing their thing I think the kids got neglected, and Joy got to the point where she would really do almost anything, so I didn't believe anything she said.

Later,

I understand that she set him up with her dad because he wouldn't believe her and they did catch him

And then

I don't think David's dad wanted... Mr Evans leaving that college being able to spread that kind of rumor and that was about the time we got the recommendation - not the recommendation - but his dad gave us his blessing to go to... Garland.

You know, I have been reading this thread and wondering something. When the first reports about Jack Schaap emerged, there were many who pointed out that the underaged girl was in need of counsel for her wild ways - the inference being promiscuity. We all know that JS took advantage of her instead of actually counseling her.

Those of you who are labelling JER as a wild teenage girl and, again, by inference, that she wanted and deserved what happened with Dave Hyles - are you willing to make the same statement about the girl involved with Jack Schaap? To me, the only difference is that JS got prosecuted and DH escaped prosecution.

The inference almost always seems to be that the victim must have been asking for it! I don't care if a victim did the dance of the seven veils for the party involved! She was underage, under authority, and it's still dead wrong on the part of the man, as described here!