Kanye

West is kind of a nitwit, but at least he's a nitwit who thinks for himself.

This isn't the first time his Christian credentials have been touted, either. Let him sit quietly in the pews and learn for a while, and we'll see where he is in a few years.

Ransom said:
Let him sit quietly in the pews and learn for a while, and we'll see where he is in a few years.

Agreed.  (man I hate it when Ransom is right)

Ransom said:
Let him sit quietly in the pews and learn for a while, and we'll see where he is in a few years.

You must believe in that "perseverance of the saints" stuff! ;)

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
Ransom said:

You must believe in that "perseverance of the saints" stuff! ;)

Naw, he's seen too much "jailhouse religion".

Twisted said:

More like, I saw Bob Dylan never shut up about Jesus, then flame out after a few years; and I've also seen Alice Cooper, whose conversion was far less public, still in three decades later. I don't much like Kanye West as a musician, but as a person, I'd rather see him follow after Cooper than Dylan.

Ransom said:
Twisted said:

More like, I saw Bob Dylan never shut up about Jesus, then flame out after a few years; and I've also seen Alice Cooper, whose conversion was far less public, still in three decades later. I don't much like Kanye West as a musician, but as a person, I'd rather see him follow after Cooper than Dylan.

Yeah, but none of those conversions were real like Elvis'. After all, Hyles confirmed it in a Memphis elevator once! :D

Ransom said:

Yet, I get criticized for that very same thing, because it's the wrong thing! :D

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Yet, I get criticized for that very same thing, because it's the wrong thing! :D

Emphasis on "wrong," yes.
Yeah, well at least Smellin's a nice guy, well, at least his dog is cute...

16KJV11 said:
Yeah, well at least Smellin's a nice guy, well, at least his dog is cute...

You know who else had a cute dog?

Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-F051673-0059%2C_Adolf_Hitler_und_Blondi_auf_dem_Berghof.jpg

Ransom said:

This isn't the first time his Christian credentials have been touted, either. Let him sit quietly in the pews and learn for a while, and we'll see where he is in a few years.

Reminds me of Josh Hamilton of Angels

https://duluthbaptist.wordpress.com/2019/10/30/kanye-critics-and-a-cautious-counterargument-to-the-christian-credibility-complex

Ransom said:
Twisted said:

This reminds of what happened to Prince. He became a Jehovah's Witness but I think he was more open to what the Bible had to say. Hard to say whether he had real faith since they found a lot of drugs in the autopsy including fentanyl.  One time he wanted director Kevin Smith to create a documentary about him where he wanted to put the words "Jesus Christ is the Son of God" on the screen.

My son who is in his mid-40's happened to be in LA, CA this last weekend & was scheduled to catch a flight out Sunday evening, was driving by The Forum & saw the K West was holding one of his Jesus Is King gigs. He & his friend pulled in & walked in to find out the the meeting had just been announced 6 hours prior.

Here are is word about the experience: Jesus is King.

Yes, it was wild and yes, you should go and yep, I arrived skeptical and left convinced he?s the real deal.

He did a little 5 minute testimony type talk that kind of rambled around.  He left the sermon to the pros.
Also, the music was about 80% choir and 20% him. The service wasn?t about him. I think he?s a new Christian that is using the platform he has - of music - to share his new faith. He?s new to faith and we gotta give him grace and appreciate that he wants others to know Jesus.

fishinnut said:
My son who is in his mid-40's happened to be in LA, CA this last weekend & was scheduled to catch a flight out Sunday evening, was driving by The Forum & saw the K West was holding one of his Jesus Is King gigs. He & his friend pulled in & walked in to find out the the meeting had just been announced 6 hours prior.

Here are is word about the experience: Jesus is King.

Yes, it was wild and yes, you should go and yep, I arrived skeptical and left convinced he?s the real deal.

He did a little 5 minute testimony type talk that kind of rambled around.  He left the sermon to the pros.
Also, the music was about 80% choir and 20% him. The service wasn?t about him. I think he?s a new Christian that is using the platform he has - of music - to share his new faith. He?s new to faith and we gotta give him grace and appreciate that he wants others to know Jesus.

https://www.disrn.com/2019/09/30/evangelist-preaches-salvation-to-thousands-at-kanye-wests-sunday-service-in-detroit/

Adam Tyson is Kanye's pastor. The name of this pastor's church is Placerita Bible Church which is doctrinally similiar to John MacArthur's church. 

Posted for information only (Sorry Walt)

(Calvinists watch at your own peril)

https://youtu.be/gemLD546nJw

He'll get Tarheel's vote.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kanye-west-says-wants-run-055202783.html

http://youtu.be/KVaAbHq59Bo