Kanye

Twisted, I can't figure out if you're serious, or as Tarheel says, troolin'.  If you really buy into that whacked out stuff about Kanye you're postin', get back on your meds. :eek:

Twisted said:
(Calvinists watch at your own peril)

Nah. Got better things to do. If this Kim clown  is so against Kanye West, why is he named after his wife?

Ransom said:
Twisted said:

Nah. Got better things to do. If this Kim clown  is so against Kanye West, why is he named after his wife?

lol, as somebody who is and has been sympathetic to certain tenets of fundy-land, I can honestly say that I wish I had that 20-some minutes of my life back.  And on a more serious note, how anybody could listen to that tripe and think that it was a soundly crafted sermon should re-evaluate their level of koolaid intake.  Maybe it's just me, but I like a little Bible with my sermons, preferably rightly divided too.

Ransom said:

It was predestinated.

ALAYMAN said:
Ransom said:
Twisted said:

lol, as somebody who is and has been sympathetic to certain tenets of fundy-land, I can honestly say that I wish I had that 20-some minutes of my life back.  And on a more serious note, how anybody could listen to that tripe and think that it was a soundly crafted sermon should re-evaluate their level of koolaid intake.  Maybe it's just me, but I like a little Bible with my sermons, preferably rightly divided too.

I didn't bother with most of the video. Once he wrote on the chalkboard I stopped it and read the comments. Comments are just as bad.

Concerning new converts like Kanye who preach the gospel we should really have the same attitude that Paul had in Philippians 1:18. People like Gene Kim and Steven Anderson (who claims to have a lot of scripture memorized) must not know this verse.  If they did they would either repent of their attitude or have to believe that Paul was a liberal and reject all his writings. 

ALAYMAN said:
Twisted, I can't figure out if you're serious, or as Tarheel says, troolin'.  If you really buy into that whacked out stuff about Kanye you're postin', get back on your meds. :eek:

He?s a bona fide trool.
But he?s also a true believer in Xer-ism and a Ruckmanite to boot!
Quite the intellectual resume...

So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed. Mark 5:20

Fundamentalists often have lost the ability to be amazed. You would think with all of the Bus Conferences and weeklong revivalist meetings, that amazement would be commonplace.

Well... this Calvinist is amazed.

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed. Mark 5:20

Fundamentalists often have lost the ability to be amazed. You would think with all of the Bus Conferences and weeklong revivalist meetings, that amazement would be commonplace.

Well... this Calvinist is amazed.

Well I am an amazed fundamentalist. Mr. K. West may not be perfect or at our level of maturity but he's putting Christian words into pop culture vocabulary (words like Christ-like). Go watch the video "Follow God" on youtube that features him and his dad and click CC for Closed Captioning. I watched it muted because I don't care for hip hop but I wanted to see what it is all about. You can also find a page with the lyrics if you prefer. 

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/kanye-west-joel-osteen-sunday-service-lakewood-laodicean-church-end-times-false-revival

Twisted said:
https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/kanye-west-joel-osteen-sunday-service-lakewood-laodicean-church-end-times-false-revival

I can't say I'm surprised. I think he'll just go wherever he's invited.

Twisted said:

Yeah, whatever. This goof gets a hangnail and he thinks it's an "end times deception."

Ransom said:
Twisted said:

Yeah, whatever. This goof gets a hangnail and he thinks it's an "end times deception."

I can't stand these guys. They're like the Alex Jones of the extreme religious right and really no different than the extreme left of the mainstream media. They just have a knee jerk reaction to everything and don't do any research. 

brianb said:
Concerning new converts like Kanye who preach the gospel we should really have the same attitude that Paul had in Philippians 1:18. People like Gene Kim and Steven Anderson (who claims to have a lot of scripture memorized) must not know this verse.  If they did they would either repent of their attitude or have to believe that Paul was a liberal and reject all his writings.

Time will tell if his conversion is legitimate.  He has a lot of influence via his platform so he is used to using his voice to persuade folk.  Nothing new there, but somebody needs to get ahold of him and disciple him so that he prudently sits under the word for a spell before attempting to teach others.

ALAYMAN said:
brianb said:

Time will tell if his conversion is legitimate.  He has a lot of influence via his platform so he is used to using his voice to persuade folk.  Nothing new there, but somebody needs to get ahold of him and disciple him so that he prudently sits under the word for a spell before attempting to teach others.

I haven't seen him actually teaching others but he does have some good teachers at his "services" that I've seen on the internet but yes he does need to be discipled. I do think this is a wake-up call in a time and a year when there is so much attention to other things (like that teenager who looks half her age ranting about climate change and the church of Sweden said was the second coming of Christ).  Let's face it, young people in America haven't been listening to the church and only know Jesus' name being used blasphemously as Kanye used to do (though in his own creative way). 

brianb said:
ALAYMAN said:
brianb said:

I haven't seen him actually teaching others but he does have some good teachers at his "services" that I've seen on the internet but yes he does need to be discipled. I do think this is a wake-up call in a time and a year when there is so much attention to other things (like that teenager who looks half her age ranting about climate change and the church of Sweden said was the second coming of Christ).  Let's face it, young people in America haven't been listening to the church and only know Jesus' name being used blasphemously as Kanye used to do (though in his own creative way).

I was using the term "teach" loosely, as music has that capacity to "teach". 

And I certainly agree with you about young people in general, but particularly the Climate Prophetess! :D

ALAYMAN said:
brianb said:
ALAYMAN said:
brianb said:

I was using the term "teach" loosely, as music has that capacity to "teach". 

And I certainly agree with you about young people in general, but particularly the Climate Prophetess! :D

In one of the songs it says "Give us wealth". I find that problematic but other than that it's mostly just simple Biblical truth, nothing deep though.

Maybe this is the weekend that Joel Olsteen gets saved!

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
Maybe this is the weekend that Joel Olsteen gets saved!

Or the whole church gets saved and they demand he preaches Christ and not that nonsense he peddles.