Kent Hovind Getting Married!

prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Again, I say...it is hard to see Christ in any of this.

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

Eric stepped in and took the ministry a different direction.

Dad got out and wanted total control back, like nothing happened, and didn't care the diection that it was going.

"His father messed up." - Without a doubt.  That is my opinion.

"Eric stepped in and took the ministry a different direction." - No, Eric started his own ministry on the coattails of his dad.  His "ministry" (God Quest?) is what purchased his dad's property.

"Dad got out and wanted total control back, like nothing happened, and didn't care the diection [sic] that it was going." - I have no idea how you would know the motives of Kent.  But somehow you think it wrong that Kent wanted to run his own ministry?  Odd.

There is no doubt that the Hovind family problems are a direct result of the actions taken by Kent.  However, that in no way excuses the behavior of his family towards him.  IMO

If Eric started his own ministry and bailed out his fathers fallen, failed ministry which made it his, so to speak) why would they give it back?  Odd that you don't want Eric to run his own ministry...
If he did this without his Father's permission, it was unethical.

earnestly contend

I think the board took it out of Kent's hands and rightly so I might add.
If they did it with out his approval...

earnestly contend

That is why a ministry has a board. They are not yes men but should take action and remove a ceo when he doesn't act appropriately.

It isn't unethical to remove him.

Mathew Ward said:
That is why a ministry has a board. They are not yes men but should take action and remove a ceo when he doesn't act appropriately.

I'm not sure he had such a board.  I've asked someone who can clarify.  I will update.

Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
Odd that you don't want Eric to run his own ministry...

Where did I ever say that?  Go for it, baby.

Now I did imply that his "ministry" was/is involved in theft.

Erick won't even let his dad have his website back.  Wickedness.

There was no theft. Now if you are sure there was present your evidence or take gim to court and prove your case.

His dad is free to start whatever ministry he wants and build whatever website he wants.

He is no longer involved in the former ministry nor should he have access to it. No wickedness there.

Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

Dad got out and wanted total control back, like nothing happened, and didn't care the diection that it was going.

"Eric stepped in and took the ministry a different direction." - No, Eric started his own ministry on the coattails of his dad.  His "ministry" (God Quest?) is what purchased his dad's property.

"Dad got out and wanted total control back, like nothing happened, and didn't care the diection [sic] that it was going." - I have no idea how you would know the motives of Kent.  But somehow you think it wrong that Kent wanted to run his own ministry?  Odd.

There is no doubt that the Hovind family problems are a direct result of the actions taken by Kent.  However, that in no way excuses the behavior of his family towards him.  IMO

If Eric started his own ministry and bailed out his fathers fallen, failed ministry which made it his, so to speak) why would they give it back?  Odd that you don't want Eric to run his own ministry...

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

You don't see anything wrong with a Son telling his Father..
"Sorry Pops, but I took over while you were gone, and you aren't welcome here in the house anymore either.  And by the way, Mom is filing for divorce, so don't unpack your duffle."?

earnestly contend

Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

He purchased property, not his father's ministry?

If Kent had sold the ministry, he has no more say in it.

Probably true.

prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

"Sorry Pops, but I took over while you were gone, and you aren't welcome here in the house anymore either.  And by the way, Mom is filing for divorce, so don't unpack your duffle."?

earnestly contend

The filing for divorce was not a decision that Eric made and his father not being welcomed was not his either.

The fact is, his father forfeited his ministry by his own arrogance. That is on him and not those that had to clean up his mess.

His father is the one that brought this fight by his own pride and crys because he lost a fight he should not have picked.

The arrogance by Kent was met by firmness from his family. Maybe had he not been so prideful and demanding and tried to bully his way in...

I think it is hard for any of us to know all the details with being directly involved.

Years after Jack Hyles died there was a lot of scuffling, posturing, threats, etc. within their family that had something to do with Hyles Publications. Even though I was there and heard bits and pieces of what went on, I never knew exactly what it was about or what actually happened. It had to do with dh and Mrs. H and possibly control over Hyles publications but I never did really know for sure. Nobody will tell you all of the details.

Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

The filing for divorce was not a decision that Eric made and his father not being welcomed was not his either.

The fact is, his father forfeited his ministry by his own arrogance. That is on him and not those that had to clean up his mess.

His father is the one that brought this fight by his own pride and crys because he lost a fight he should not have picked.

The arrogance by Kent was met by firmness from his family. Maybe had he not been so prideful and demanding and tried to bully his way in...
You and God are nowhere near being in agreement on the structure and authority of the home.
You are arguing this as if this was a secular business, and not a Christian family.

Even if we were talking about "board members" of a ministry, and they had taken moves to block the former head, this would be a matter of discussion, and your points would be valid.

What chills me to the bone is the callous way all of this is looked at, both by the Hovinds and other Christians.

This was a home, a family.

Mal 4:5 ? Mal 4:6
Behold, I send unto you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and terrible day of Jehovah. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

earnestly contend

Did we mention that Eric was charging his dad rent to live in his (used to be) home?

Twisted said:
Yes, Dum-Dum.  He went to prison for structuring, not tax fraud.

Twelve of the charges he was convicted of were for failure to collect, account for, or pay nearly half a million dollars of income tax related to CSE,  and one charge was for obstructing the IRS. So don't try to tell me he isn't a tax fraud just because he's also guilty of other crimes.

Ransom said:
Twisted said:
Yes, Dum-Dum.  He went to prison for structuring, not tax fraud.

Twelve of the charges he was convicted of were for failure to collect, account for, or pay nearly half a million dollars of income tax related to CSE,  and one charge was for obstructing the IRS. So don't try to tell me he isn't a tax fraud just because he's also guilty of other crimes.

For employees he never had.  All his workers were 1099 workers who paid every penny of tax they owed.  The government never lost a cent in tax.  The "obstruction" charges are as "made-up" as the bogus structuring.

prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

You and God are nowhere near being in agreement on the structure and authority of the home.
You are arguing this as if this was a secular business, and not a Christian family.

Even if we were talking about "board members" of a ministry, and they had taken moves to block the former head, this would be a matter of discussion, and your points would be valid.

What chills me to the bone is the callous way all of this is looked at, both by the Hovinds and other Christians.

Behold, I send unto you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and terrible day of Jehovah. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

earnestly contend

And Kent destroyed it by his arrogance.

Should he be the head of this ministry?

Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:

I'm not sure he had such a board.  I've asked someone who can clarify.  I will update.

Here is what I have found from a reputable source.  I must confess I've heard this before but had forgotten the details.

While Kent was in prison, he gave control of his ministry to his son Eric.  The ministry was in the form of a trust.  Eric then sold the ministry (including property) to his own ministry (for dirt cheap, BTW).  Kent did not approve and was angered by it but could not stop it.

I'm still waiting to hear why Eric refuses to allow his dad to reclaim his website or why he charged his dad rent.

Will update when I can.

Folks, this stuff is better than ANY TV reality show.

Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

It's his call.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

It's his call.

earnestly contend

Kent's call??

That would be laughable, if it weren't so sad.

Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

It's his call.

earnestly contend

Kent's call??

That would be laughable, if it weren't so sad.
What's sad is that the testimony of all involved is that they are none of Christ's.

earnestly contend

Twisted said:
For employees he never had.  All his workers were 1099 workers who paid every penny of tax they owed.  The government never lost a cent in tax.  The "obstruction" charges are as "made-up" as the bogus structuring.

Ah, so he didn't have employees, he had "workers."

Glad to see you agree with me on the facts, even if you're trying to redefine them to suit your opinion.

Ransom said:
Twisted said:

Glad to see you agree with me on the facts, even if you're trying to redefine them to suit your opinion.

As usual, I have no idea what you are blabbering about.

I do much of my work as a 1099 worker. 

Twisted said:
Ransom said:
Twisted said:

As usual, I have no idea what you are blabbering about.

I do much of my work as a 1099 worker.
Whenever I am a subcontractor on a job, rather than a contractor, I am 1099'ed.

earnestly contend

As usual, Tazer has the right perspective.

http://youtu.be/-6OS7HTNO1w