Biblebeliever

Elect
Reaction score
Kent Hovind is Free

11008444_10153111544253353_4180719731564945253_n.jpg

https://youtu.be/1PT4kwCjK80

Video Description:

Published on Jul 8, 2015
Kent Hovind is finally released from prison!

Biblebeliever said:
Kent Hovind is Free

11008444_10153111544253353_4180719731564945253_n.jpg

https://youtu.be/1PT4kwCjK80

Video Description:

Published on Jul 8, 2015
Kent Hovind is finally released from prison!

We're thrilled about this.  Big party at his housed on Saturday.  Wish we could go.

The only problem I see is that he will start preaching a post-trib position.  Still, thrilled he's out.

Biblebeliever said:
Published on Jul 8, 2015
Convicted tax fraud Kent Hovind is finally released from the prison sentence he justly deserved![/size]

Fixed it for you.

IFB X-Files said:

"Finally, Pastor Hovind is home after serving nearly 105 months in jail for something that we now know wasn’t even a crime."

This article appears to be confusing the more recent charges of contempt of court and mail fraud, of which "Dr." Hovind was found not guilty, and the original charges of which he was justly convicted in 2006.

"It would be worth your time to listen to this brief interview with 'Dr. Dino' . . .”

Or, to be academically precise, Mr. Dino . . .

". . . from the day of his release in which he warns other Christians to be prepared for the persecution that lies ahead. We would do well to heed his words."

And here the author confuses persecution for righteousness' sake with prosecution for lawlessness' sake.

"It is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil" (1 Pet. 3:17). As long as "Dr." Hovind claims some sort of religious persecution and remains unrepentant of the fraud he committed, be has no credibility. If the psycho-fundies like Bibleburner want to support him, they deserve to be fleeced by him.

Ransom said:
IFB X-Files said:

"Finally, Pastor Hovind is home after serving nearly 105 months in jail for something that we now know wasn’t even a crime."

This article appears to be confusing the more recent charges of contempt of court and mail fraud, of which "Dr." Hovind was found not guilty, and the original charges of which he was justly convicted in 2006.

As long as "Dr." Hovind claims some sort of religious persecution and remains unrepentant of the fraud he committed, be has no credibility.

As usual you're the one confused.  If taking your own money out of the bank is a crime then look to be imprisoned soon.  The IRS has admitted its error in prosecuting people for doing just that and I hope Mr. Hovind files suit against the IRS. 

And what "fraud" has he committed?  Personally, the only fraud I see is you pretending to know what you're talking about.

Kent Hovind was justly convicted of violating an unjust law. Since when has the government had the rightful authority to tells us how much money we can withdraw from our bank accounts and what we do with that money after withdrawal?

As to not withholding federal income tax from his employees because they were "ministers" - he erred. The IRS says to be a "minister" a person must perform all of the following functions:

The person is licensed, commissioned or ordained.

The person performs sacerdotal functions.

The person conducts religious worship.

The person maintains and controls a religious organization.

His employees did not meet that requirement. But that is a procedural violation, not a felony, and in all other cases results in a fine, not imprisonment for 105 months.

The IRS punished him for protesting their tyrannical treatment of the American people. An IRS "court" is the only court in the land where you are presumed guilty until you can prove your innocence, in violation of established law (Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat) in reference to the 5th, 6th, and 14th amendments to the US Constitution. This was ruled on by the United States Supreme court in Coffin v. United States (156 U.S. 432 (1895)).

IFB X-Files said:
Ransom said:
IFB X-Files said:

As long as "Dr." Hovind claims some sort of religious persecution and remains unrepentant of the fraud he committed, be has no credibility.

As usual you're the one confused.  If taking your own money out of the bank is a crime then look to be imprisoned soon.  The IRS has admitted its error in prosecuting people for doing just that and I hope Mr. Hovind files suit against the IRS. 

And what "fraud" has he committed?  Personally, the only fraud I see is you pretending to know what you're talking about.

Just don't say he is being persecuted for righteousness BC this is just not so....

IFB X-Files said:
As usual you're the one confused.  If taking your own money out of the bank is a crime then look to be imprisoned soon.

You're being disingenuous. "Dr." Hovind didn't merely take money out of the bank. He was engaged in "structuring" or "smurfing" - making transactions that were designed not to trigger mandatory reporting requirements. Unfortunately for him, bankers are also trained to detect those kinds of transactions, which are often evidence of financial crimes such as fraud and money laundering.

Mr. Hovind was intentionally smurfing his funds. Yet he claimed he didn't know what he was doing was against the law. So why hide it, eh? His claims of ignorance were lies.

Structuring laws may well be bad laws, but nonetheless, even so, he knowingly violated them and was justly convicted of them.

And what "fraud" has he committed?

Hovind "willfully fail[ed] to deduct, collect, truthfully account for and pay over to the IRS federal income tax and FICA tax from the total taxable wages of CSE employees which were due and owing to the United States of America . . . and fail[ed] to withhold and pay federal income tax and FICA tax to the IRS" (United States of America v. Kent Hovind and Jo Hovind).

In other words, in colloquial terms, he's a tax fraud. Since he was found guilty of 12 counts of the above, he's a convicted tax fraud.

Ransom said:
IFB X-Files said:
As usual you're the one confused.  If taking your own money out of the bank is a crime then look to be imprisoned soon.

He was engaged in "structuring" or "smurfing" - making transactions that were designed not to trigger mandatory reporting requirements. Unfortunately for him, bankers are also trained to detect those kinds of transactions, which are often evidence of financial crimes such as fraud and money laundering.

And what "fraud" has he committed?

Hovind "willfully fail[ed] to deduct, collect, truthfully account for and pay over to the IRS federal income tax and FICA tax from the total taxable wages of CSE employees which were due and owing to the United States of America . . . and fail[ed] to withhold and pay federal income tax and FICA tax to the IRS" (United States of America v. Kent Hovind and Jo Hovind).

In other words, in colloquial terms, he's a tax fraud. Since he was found guilty of 12 counts of the above, he's a convicted tax fraud.

"making transactions that were designed not to trigger mandatory reporting requirements" - LOL!  Exactly!  And this is why the IRS is under fire for such a stupid law.  It would be like you always driving 54 mph and given a ticket because you "structured" your driving to keep from going over the speed limit.

And yes, he did not withhold taxes from his workers as he claimed they were not employees.  As a ministry he might have a point but its not a good place to go long term.  Is that worth 9 years in prison?  No.

Just because he was found guilty does not mean he was.  A jury with balls would have nullified the structuring charges.  If he is guilty of anything it is following bad advice and making stupid judgment calls and having an idiot defense attorney.

But not to worry.  Kent led hundreds to Christ while in the slammer.  Now that he's out, he'll reach more for Christ.  How many have you led with your constant critical comments?

IFB X-Files said:
But not to worry.  Kent led hundreds to Christ while in the slammer. 

So he says, but why should I believe him?

How many have you led with your constant critical comments?

One hundred million billion.

Ransom said:
IFB X-Files said:
But not to worry.  Kent led hundreds to Christ while in the slammer. 

So he says, but why should I believe him?

Well, you shouldn't, but then no one cares that you don't believe him.

Ransom said:
How many have you led with your constant critical comments?

One hundred million billion.

Then you'll get a prize at the Judgment Seat, won't you?

Recovering IFB said:
I guess you don't get sarcasm in your neck of the woods.
Of course we do! When people who agree with us do it, it is sarcasm. When people who disagree with us do it, it is lying! Duh! :)

Kent Hovind is Free

Where can I get my free Kent Hovind?

I suspect this is a scam.  I recall seeing a poster that said "Free Angela Davis", but I never got a free Angela Davi.