Kitschy Sayings

It started with "other reason", basically being my Baptist church shunned me after my first
wife divorced me.
Over time, the Methodist theology began to grow on me. In the classic Facebook
euphemism, "it's complicated." With the current UMC shenanigans, I was ready this past Sunday to say
"I'm outta here" even though our particular church isn't crazy-cakes. I can't remember what
it was the pastor said in his sermon, but it seemed like God was impressing on me that I needed
to stay on and contend for the faith.
TL; DR: Started as "other reason", ended as "conviction".
Not looking for a fight, just a curious question…you said you were Baptist if memory serves me correctly so at what point along the journey did you begin to accept sprinkling as acceptable for baptism?

It started with "other reason", basically being my Baptist church shunned me after my first
wife divorced me.
Over time, the Methodist theology began to grow on me. In the classic Facebook
euphemism, "it's complicated." With the current UMC shenanigans, I was ready this past Sunday to say
"I'm outta here" even though our particular church isn't crazy-cakes. I can't remember what
it was the pastor said in his sermon, but it seemed like God was impressing on me that I needed
to stay on and contend for the faith.
TL; DR: Started as "other reason", ended as "conviction".
An old-timer named "Edwards" was a Methodist preacher! He was loved by everyone! I think he was more of a "Whitfield Methodist" though (rather than Wesleyan) and I had to look that up because I didn't know such a thing existed nor have I ever met another in real life! I'd probably get along well with them if I did! 🤠

"Let go, let God"

"WARNING: In case of rapture, this car will be unmanned."

"Honk if you love Jesus."

"Don't scroll past, share this..."

“Love is love”

"it takes 2 to tango"....

one of the most misused and totally gotten backward sayings of all time.... .. people repeat it as if to imply that when a fight is going on it;s the fault of both parties..... but the fact is a tango is a dance requiring cooperation...it;s not a fight.... and another fact is it only takes one person to both start a fight and also to keep a constant assault going.... self defense in the face of a continuous assault is not being accomplice to a fight.... it;s simply refusing to lay down and die.....

"what doesn;t kill you makes you stronger"...

another misused and often outright lie of a statement.... the fact is - what doesn;t kill you might make you stronger... . but it could also render you totally disabled and dependant on others for the rest of your life..... just ask some of the survivors of tik-tok challenges that went wrong....

You're riding the fence!
Question....Just how in the heck can one "ride" a fence? It's a stationary object...one can STRADDLE the fence, but not RIDE it!

Not looking for a fight, just a curious question…you said you were Baptist if memory serves me correctly so at what point along the journey did you begin to accept sprinkling as acceptable for baptism?
I haven't completely reached that point yet even after over a decade! To me, it's a wet baby dedication.

Rock and Roll is the Devil's Music (can I get an amen? raise your hands.... I see that hand!)

I haven't completely reached that point yet even after over a decade! To me, it's a wet baby dedication.
And TBH, if there was a decent General Baptist church around here, that's where I'd be instead of Methodist.

Always a favorite of mine:

"Calvinism is the gospel"

C H Spurgeon :)