lahaina noon 2023....

I've never been in a position to see a total eclipse, either. I've seen a few partial eclipses and one annular eclipse (where the moon is completely within the disc of the sun, but too small to cover it completely, leaving a very intense ring of light).

Next April 8, though, there's an eclipse that will be total only 100 km south of here. I hope I'll have an opportunity to visit.
we are supposed to catch only an edge of that one.......

YDN2B5CCYBAJTOASTTF22RJSOU.gif

there is another on this year in october going down through
the western u.s. and across the amazon..... we only catch
an edge of that one too.....

SE2023Oct14A.gif

well.... friday and saturday was the lahaina noon days for honolulu..... and we had partly cloudy skies and hazy overcast that left very weak shadows.... so it wasn;t much to see..... i didn;t go down to the lahaina noon observatory so i don;t know what they saw.... (plus super regional softball games were also on..so i didn;t leave the house).... but it will happen again on july 16th when the sun comes back the other way and july is usually the month we have no clouds at all and very clear skies....☀️.... so it will be better then....... but if not or if i miss it for some other reason there is always next year...... 😎 ....