Lancaster Baptist's Newest Creation.... (NOT?)

Ransom said:
qwerty said:
Anderson is deserving of being tased.

Your wish is my command. (Skip to approx. 1:15 if the player doesn't do it automatically.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJF5cUWXA_A&start=75
Thank you... I have it as my ringtone. http://www.fundamentalforums.org/index.php?topic=9053.msg187379#msg187379

16KJV11 said:
IFB X-Files said:
16KJV11 said:
IFB X-Files said:
An update to my first post.

They had a combined nursery/class that I did not originally see, so I'm raising my attendance estimate to 120.

They also claimed "12 decisions for Christ".  That can mean anything, of course.  Looks good for the supporting church.

The people were extremely nice.  Very friendly.  Made you feel welcome.

One last thought:  Looking at the entirety of the service, I felt like they were ministering to children/teens.  Not to adults.  Not to MEN.
Why do you say this?

As I can usually read the minds of most earthlings, I confess to not being able to read yours!

To which are you referring?

The "12 decisions"?

The "they were nice"?

The  "not to MEN"?

If it is the "not to MEN", I get the same feeling watching most of these modern-style "services".

I long for the days when a MAN comes out that dresses like a man (Did I say that the "skinny jeans" pastor didn't even wear socks?) and talks like a man.  Ah, for the glory days of Q&A time at the old FBCH, where Dr. Hyles would insult and embarrass questioners.

I'm just an unapologetic, old-school alien.
Yow...You just answered 'the not to men' comment that I was wondering about.

You earthlings are so predictable.

qwerty said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
qwerty said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
Anderson is his usual self, but he has this one right:

http://sanderson1611.blogspot.com/2018/09/paul-chappell-sending-effeminate-pastor.html
How can any person with an IQ above 50 listen to this windbag?

But think I answered my own question.

I think Anderson needs to add IQ points in order to be an idiot....but after watching the service in question, he did have a point or two.  :)
I read it twice to make sure.....he had no point. He called the Pastor a homosexual, insulted his wife, demeaned his staff. Truly a man of god.

Anderson is deserving of being tased.

I watched the church service in question and noted that the worship Pastor was/appeared to be wearing women?s pants and shoes/boots (I?m sure they were purchased in the men?s dept or maybe the unisex shop) The message was also pretty watered down. If it had not been for Anderson?s hyperbolic rant I wouldn?t have paid any attention. I?m told by people who know the church planting team that they are sincere and have the Kingdom at heart, so God bless them.

I think this could spark another blog series for Tom Brennan.

IFB X-Files said:
16KJV11 said:
IFB X-Files said:
An update to my first post.

They had a combined nursery/class that I did not originally see, so I'm raising my attendance estimate to 120.

They also claimed "12 decisions for Christ".  That can mean anything, of course.  Looks good for the supporting church.

The people were extremely nice.  Very friendly.  Made you feel welcome.

One last thought:  Looking at the entirety of the service, I felt like they were ministering to children/teens.  Not to adults.  Not to MEN.
Why do you say this?

As I can usually read the minds of most earthlings, I confess to not being able to read yours!

To which are you referring?

The "12 decisions"?

The "they were nice"?

The  "not to MEN"?

If it is the "not to MEN", I get the same feeling watching most of these modern-style "services".

I long for the days when a MAN comes out that dresses like a man (Did I say that the "skinny jeans" pastor didn't even wear socks?) and talks like a man.  Ah, for the glory days of Q&A time at the old FBCH, where Dr. Hyles would insult and embarrass questioners.

I'm just an unapologetic, old-school alien.

Bro. Alien:

MY WIFE WANTS TO KNOW.....

was there any substance to the preaching?

Binaca Chugger said:
Bro. Alien:

So she wants to know if it's like your preaching or was it good?

Of course it had substance as the word of God preached does not return void.  The message was based on the prodigal son, which I didn't care for as this was the first service.  It was not "hard", but rather tame, which bothers me when they claim 12 decisions. 

I did tap my foot to the beat of the music.  This is now totally acceptable in IFB churches.  Dancing will surely follow soon.

And I want to thank all who viewed the video I had shared.

For each view, I received a bucket of dilithium crystals for my warp drive.  My fuel pod runneth over.

IFB X-Files said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bro. Alien:

Of course it had substance as the word of God preached does not return void.  The message was based on the prodigal son, which I didn't care for as this was the first service.  It was not "hard", but rather tame, which bothers me when they claim 12 decisions. 

I did tap my foot to the beat of the music.  This is now totally acceptable in IFB churches.  Dancing will surely follow soon.

For each view, I received a bucket of dilithium crystals for my warp drive.  My fuel pod runneth over.

Personally, I did not think the message was one of ?substance?.
However, considering it was, I believe, the very first public service of his church plant, I thought it was reasonable. And if the Gospel was presented, exuberance and enthusiasm are not mandatory for people to respond it IT.
And, as to having music that inspired tapping your feet.... they must all be heretics!

Tarheel Baptist said:
IFB X-Files said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bro. Alien:

Personally, I did not think the message was one of ?substance?.
However, considering it was, I believe, the very first public service of his church plant, I thought it was reasonable. And if the Gospel was presented, exuberance and enthusiasm are not mandatory for people to respond it IT.
And, as to having music that inspired tapping your feet.... they must all be heretics!

Hellfire is gonna consume AZ along with the entire West Coast.....this toe tapping has to stop!!! lol

Well, this alien has just found out some very interesting info.

1.  While advertised as a church plant from Lancaster Baptist, this info was in error.

2.  Paul Chappell does not support this work, nor does daddy Rasmussen agree with it.

3.  According to my source, who spoke to Chappell directly about this, Guy was teaching "hyper-grace"  in his SS class.  When asked to define what "hyper-grace" means, this man was referenced: https://andrewfarley.org/about/      Chappell had to "clean up" the mess after Guy left.

4.  This new church has been more influenced by Farley and Teis, than by Chappell. 

5.  Other influencers in the "neo-IFB" movement are reported to be:  Cary Schmidt, Kurt Skelly, Bryan Samms

6.  While I am confused by some apparent statements Chappell has made in support of these type churches, I will now apologize for lumping City Point with Lancaster.

IFB X-Files said:
Well, this alien has just found out some very interesting info.

1.  While advertised as a church plant from Lancaster Baptist, this info was in error.

2.  Paul Chappell does not support this work, nor does daddy Rasmussen agree with it.

3.  According to my source, who spoke to Chappell directly about this, Guy was teaching "hyper-grace"  in his SS class.  When asked to define what "hyper-grace" means, this man was referenced: https://andrewfarley.org/about/      Chappell had to "clean up" the mess after Guy left.

4.  This new church has been more influenced by Farley and Teis, than by Chappell. 

5.  Other influencers in the "neo-IFB" movement are reported to be:  Cary Schmidt, Kurt Skelly, Bryan Samms

6.  While I am confused by some apparent statements Chappell has made in support of these type churches, I will now apologize for lumping City Point with Lancaster.

Good on you to admit when you are wrong.

I hope you weren't under the assumption that Chappell supports his son's ministry as well because he does not.

TheRealJonStewart said:

I hope you weren't under the assumption that Chappell supports his son's ministry as well because he does not.

Thank you.  We aliens have no ego to bruise.

But to be clear, the assumption that this was a Lancaster plant was because it was put out that it was a Lancaster plant.  My source told me that when Chappell and deacons found out about that, they decided not to force a retraction.

And yes, I have heard as well that Chappell, who loves his son, does not approve of his son's church.

And for the record, I just got my foot to stop tapping.

IFB X-Files said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

Thank you.  We aliens have no ego to bruise.

But to be clear, the assumption that this was a Lancaster plant was because it was put out that it was a Lancaster plant.  My source told me that when Chappell and deacons found out about that, they decided not to force a retraction.

And yes, I have heard as well that Chappell, who loves his son, does not approve of his son's church.

And for the record, I just got my foot to stop tapping.

It also shows maturity on Chappell's part that he wouldn't go shouting it in public on the platform or on a blog, unlike that recent guy that posted about the new IFBs (Tom something) or David Cloud.