'Merica.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:

FiNALLY! Something in the deteriorating culture bothers Smellin!
But, the fact that progressive liberals mandate that men be allowed shower with his daughters...not so much!  ;)

Nice try. No reason for my daughters to be taking public showers anyway...

As an addendum: your creep factor is showing due to this continued interest in my kids' bathing/bathroom habits.

Tarheel Baptist said:

Just ask the Republican on the outside who wants to check your privates to make sure you keep to the rule!

This gun selling thing is another indication that our society is going to hell...bad enough that Zimmerman is trying to auction it off, really sad that people are bidding.  And BTW---the bathroom thing is also another indication of our society going to hell. If its wrong and immoral, its wrong and immoral...should not be a liberal/conservative thing!

T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Is selling one's possessions a mortal sin now?

Oh course not...but it is clear that he is doing more than selling a gun...he is clearly profiting off the death of another human...that's just not right, does it happen all the time, sure does...but still not right.  IMO

^^^
This. Even if some of his profits will (allegedly) go to Black Lives Matter.

And the selling point being a publicized murder weapon, well...

T-Bone said:
Oh course not...but it is clear that he is doing more than selling a gun...he is clearly profiting off the death of another human...that's just not right, does it happen all the time, sure does...but still not right.  IMO

*shrug* I don't see the problem.

You can't sell your own guns.

You can't fight your own dogs.

What is this?  Russia?

T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

So the history of the world doesn't include war and spoils?

Ok, Jonny come lately.

earnestly contend

Ransom said:
T-Bone said:

I see it as the opposite of a problem.

It is a symbol of a celebration, that a man can reap the results of his own criminality, and society will allow him to do so.

Of course, you will have White supremacists bidding on it, cuz it's a symbol of something else to them, but that isn't Zimm's fault.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Ok, Jonny come lately.

earnestly contend

I guess that makes polygamy and idolatry OK.

Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Ok, Jonny come lately.

earnestly contend

I guess that makes polygamy and idolatry OK.
Ok, or legal?

earnestly contend

Ransom said:
T-Bone said:

Well I simply have a moral problem with anybody profiting over their fame in killing another person...its a 9MM, its worth $400 to $700, I have no problem with him selling his gun, but clearly he is using the fact that he and it are infamous to profit...I personally don't believe this is moral.

That being said...I just heard the auction has been taken down.

T-Bone said:
Well I simply have a moral problem with anybody profiting over their fame in killing another person...

I agree that it's probably in poor taste, but a moral problem? It's his gun, and his fame, and so it's his right to exploit them as he will.

Ransom said:
T-Bone said:
Well I simply have a moral problem with anybody profiting over their fame in killing another person...

I agree that it's probably in poor taste, but a moral problem? It's his gun, and his fame, and so it's his right to exploit them as he will.

Brother, I am not questioning his "right"... I guess I am just saying it doesn't fit within my moral compass.

I have a Walther P-38 that was taken off an SS Capt.  The family history says that he had no  further use for it having assumed room temp after a close encounter with a fragmation grenade thrown by my relative. Due to the original owner I'm sure that this particular weapon ended the lives of several individuals. I've been offered several thousand dollars for that gun. Is there any difference.

Jubal Scackett

Jubal Sackett said:
I have a Walther P-38 that was taken off an SS Capt.  The family history says that he had no  further use for it having assumed room temp after a close encounter with a fragmation grenade thrown by my relative. Due to the original owner I'm sure that this particular weapon ended the lives of several individuals. I've been offered several thousand dollars for that gun. Is there any difference.

Jubal Scackett

Not my call. Personally, I couldn't in good conscience buy or sell it (for profit, due to it's history), specifically a weapon used for the purpose of murder, but no doubt it means something to some people. My thoughts would include the gun that was used to kill Lincoln:

images