'Merica.

Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Is selling one's possessions a mortal sin now?

Oh course not...but it is clear that he is doing more than selling a gun...he is clearly profiting off the death of another human...that's just not right, does it happen all the time, sure does...but still not right.  IMO

^^^
This. Even if some of his profits will (allegedly) go to Black Lives Matter.

And the selling point being a publicized murder weapon, well...

Well, shouldn't someone get angry at those who sell those cross necklaces for profit?  ;)

Matthew1323 said:
Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Is selling one's possessions a mortal sin now?

Oh course not...but it is clear that he is doing more than selling a gun...he is clearly profiting off the death of another human...that's just not right, does it happen all the time, sure does...but still not right.  IMO

^^^
This. Even if some of his profits will (allegedly) go to Black Lives Matter.

And the selling point being a publicized murder weapon, well...

Well, shouldn't someone get angry at those who sell those cross necklaces for profit?  ;)

Valid point. Why are we profiteering from the murder of another individual? There is a slight difference in that the sale of the actual cross isn't being bartered for profit. There is also a history symbolism associated with the cross...it is a symbol of grace, forgiveness, redemption, love, etc. but the same thing can't be said of Zimmerman's gun.

I've no problem with the selling of the cross, but personally I feel I shouldn't make excess of profit from it. Where that line is, I'm not sure.