Mike Zachary being investigated?

Citadel of Truth said:
prophet said:
Don't you get it?

If you're talking to me, let me refer you to the statement that I made above. "If he's guilty I would be the first in line calling for swift judgment and appropriate punishment." If he's not guilty but merely the target of unfounded accusations, then I say let him get on with his life. He certainly wouldn't be the first to be wrongly accused.

Has he been wrongly accused? I have no idea. Is he guilty? I have no clue. All I have are comments on an internet forum. They may or may not be based in fact. There are no police reports, no local media coverage, no public records whatsoever.

I just feel it would be a bit premature to follow him around crying "Unclean!" until it has been clearly shown that he is a predator. If he is, it shouldn't be that difficult to prove it.

I don't know the man, never met the man, to my knowledge I never met anyone who knew the man. I think I'll reserve my judgment until the facts are in.

Maybe you don't understand how things work in the IFB world.  The fact that there are no police reports or news reports indicates that the parties involved did their duty to preserve the ministry from blame so that the "cause of Christ" may continue.  In reality - cover up.  This is the pattern for these churches.

MZ was terminated, a flurry of accusations were made between two major ministries.  Brad Boruff was terminated and noone knows why or where he went.  Something happened.  The reports on this site coincide with the reports that were made by the two ministries.  People who have known MZ for over 20 years who are on this forum are stating "yep, saw that coming."

Just because there was no police report does not mean no crime was committed.  I promise you that there were crimes committed in Chicago last night for which there are no police reports.  Even if no crime was committed by US law, sin is still sin.

I have wondered about the Boruffs and where they are now. 

patriotic said:

This is the million dollar question.  Why did they really get canned?  They seem to have been treated like they were guilty of something, or maybe they just couldn't live in that environment any more.  No one has said anything about them.  No one knows where they are.  They just vanished.

Binaca Chugger said:
patriotic said:

This is the million dollar question.  Why did they really get canned?  They seem to have been treated like they were guilty of something, or maybe they just couldn't live in that environment any more.  No one has said anything about them.  No one knows where they are.  They just vanished.
Probably in Georgia or Tennessee...

Once we figure out who hasn't shared the information and passed Mike Zachary on to a new ministry, we should invite him to speak at the FBC Homecoming event along side Trieber and Chappell.

mamamia said:
IWasThere said:
And so like other alleged Fundamental Independent Baptist criminals, MZ moves to Florida...to the greater Jacksonville area....Hmmmm...makes one wonder

Taken from Facebook....

ABOUT

Former Chairman of the Music Department at West Coast Baptist College

Past: Golden State Baptist College and Christian Law Association

Studied Piano at American Conservatory of Music, Chicago

Past: Pensacola Christian College and Hyles-Anderson College

Lives in Macclenny, Florida

From Harvey, Illinois

Married

So...has anyone contacted this place in Florida to give them info about MZ?  What are the chances he was honest on his resume?  As far as I'm concerned, those who have info on MZ and aren't sharing it with a new employer are as guilty as Chappell and Trieber.  At least give those folks a heads up. If they keep him and something happens with MZ in the future, they can't say they weren't warned.

Binaca Chugger said:
patriotic said:

What makes you doubt the official story.  Jack Trieber indicated that Bro Boruff knew about MZ's sin and did not, per rules, inform the pastor, and was terminated.  Granted, it may be that Trieber was afraid of lawsuits, and took immediate steps to make sure that the church was insulated, but the basic reason was Boruff did not follow the rules he agreed to follow.

Got a call from a family member, Mike Zachary was "visiting" a church up in Rockford, Illinois (far from Florida!!). It was announced he would be playing the piano at the evening service.  I think he is either there for 1. their RU program (this church is the founding church of this program) for his "addition", 2. He is going looking for a place to serve (they have a christian school, and this is a larger church) and either the PAstor knows and will willingly cover up (church sends teens to WCBC) or the Pastor is not aware of Zachary's past.

Actually would not call them wackos. :) I have family members that attend there, and John Mark was once a youth PAstor there. Still have fond memories of them. They are more extreme still though

kaba said:
Got a call from a family member, Mike Zachary was "visiting" a church up in Rockford, Illinois (far from Florida!!). It was announced he would be playing the piano at the evening service.  I think he is either there for 1. their RU program (this church is the founding church of this program) for his "addition", 2. He is going looking for a place to serve (they have a christian school, and this is a larger church) and either the PAstor knows and will willingly cover up (church sends teens to WCBC) or the Pastor is not aware of Zachary's past.

Or maybe he simply went to his home state of Illinois to visit,,, 

I, for one made up stories of what other people 'think' about what he is doing and why.  This post is gossip, nothing less.

Coda said:
kaba said:

I, for one made up stories of what other people 'think' about what he is doing and why.  This post is gossip, nothing less.

As yours would be, using your criteria.

Mathew Ward said:
Coda said:
kaba said:

As yours would be, using your criteria.
I'm always leary of someone who trips over themself to defend a suspected Wolf.

kaba said:

How do they treat "addition"?  I'm guessing with subtraction?

Wait a minute...

Paul Chappell wished the Zacharys well as they moved to help in the care of Mrs. Zachary's mother. You mean that was a lie too?

"The Zacharys will be moving to Florida to minister to Angie's mother as she battles Lou Gehrig’s disease."

Say it isn't so!

And since Chappell complained that Trieber didn't warn him about Zachary before he came to WCBC, certainly he will warn other ministries...right?

Oh wait, nothing happened! What is to warn?!

Which again makes us wonder why there was so much friction between WCBC/Trieber during that awkward week. And why Gibbs III asked us to pray for the victims.

"Please pray for the victims in this sad situation. They are the ones that are truly injured."

"Dr. Chappell was told that the investigation was on-going and that it was criminal. Dr. Trieber suggested that Dr. Chappell not interfere with the police investigation, and Dr. Trieber always viewed the allegations as both immoral and potentially criminal. "

AmazedbyGrace said:
Wait a minute...

Paul Chappell wished the Zacharys well as they moved to help in the care of Mrs. Zachary's mother. You mean that was a lie too?

"The Zacharys will be moving to Florida to minister to Angie's mother as she battles Lou Gehrig’s disease."

Say it isn't so!

And since Chappell complained that Trieber didn't warn him about Zachary before he came to WCBC, certainly he will warn other ministries...right?

Oh wait, nothing happened! What is to warn?!

Which again makes us wonder why there was so much friction between WCBC/Trieber during that awkward week. And why Gibbs III asked us to pray for the victims.

"Please pray for the victims in this sad situation. They are the ones that are truly injured."

"Dr. Chappell was told that the investigation was on-going and that it was criminal. Dr. Trieber suggested that Dr. Chappell not interfere with the police investigation, and Dr. Trieber always viewed the allegations as both immoral and potentially criminal. "

Good reminder.

Coda said:
kaba said:

Then why didn't he visit his home church?

Qwerty..good catch!!

Anyone know if MZ is playing here?

For more disgusting laughs, check out this page and read about the "pastor" and his "First Gentleman". 

http://ccwdc.org/staff.html

fagpastor_zps3ffceb66.jpg

Timotheus said:
If we do not have a Christianity that can reach down into the deepest, darkest places of our soul, what do we have?  Just one more religion.

I don't believe that men like Schaap and MZ (If it is true) started off as wolves.  They were men with a heart for the Lord - with dark secrets.  Jesus became someone to perform for, instead of someone to bring brokenness to.

Jesus came to heal our brokenness.
Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

http://youtu.be/ySa3Vu4FUW8

I don't know anything about MZ.  However, from what I've seen and heard about JS, I doubt it.  There are some on here who have known him for years.  Scripturally there are some things a true believer won't do.  I think a wolf is born one.  I know believers can stoop pretty low, but Jesus said by their fruits ye shall know them.  The Schaap I saw over the years didn't have an ounce of humility,  compassion,  etc.  We can call ourselves Christians all we want.  A Christian is a follower of Christ, not one who says, I am a Christian,  MOG, whatever.  Many shall say unto me in that day.....

Did anyone find out what happened to Boruff? I looked him up on a search engine and one of the results was a whitepages site. It said Bradley K Boruff related to Julie, Kevin etc. So it must be him. It had an address so I looked up the address on ZILLOW. It said it was last sold on 5/30/14, just weeks after the statements made by GSBC & WCBC. He must've moved but to where?

Jack Spieters said:
Did anyone find out what happened to Boruff? I looked him up on a search engine and one of the results was a whitepages site. It said Bradley K Boruff related to Julie, Kevin etc. So it must be him. It had an address so I looked up the address on ZILLOW. It said it was last sold on 5/30/14, just weeks after the statements made by GSBC & WCBC. He must've moved but to where?

He and his family are currently residing on my planet awaiting the right time to reintegrate with earth's culture.