Mike Zachary WCBC / GSBC Investigation

Frag said:
bgwilkinson said:
Frag said:
Honey Badger said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Obsession....it's more than just a fragrance.

Just curious on your take of GSBC's statement vs WCBC's statement. How you gonna spin this one to make Chappell smell like roses?

http://wcbc.edu/articles/statement-regarding-mike-zachary

VS

http://gsbc.edu/recent_news/responsive-statement-to-west-coast-baptist-colleges-statement-regarding-dr-zacharys-termination/

Makes this a whole lot more believable:
"This was a comment from a link SFL posted re:WCBC statement.

"~Here Is What They Won’t Tell You~

Approximately 3 years ago Dr. Zachary left NVBC/GSBC to work for Paul Chappell at LBC/WCBC. It was a shock, but there was very little negative stigmatism attached. It was generally accepted that Dr. Zachary simply found a better opportunity and was “led” to resign.

What actually happened was that Dr. Zachary had been found to be having a nonconsensual sexual relationship with one of Brad Boruff’s sons. It is possible the son was an adult at the time which is why it was not reported to the police. (Jack Trieber takes a strong verbal stance on reporting child abuse (not a physical stance though, as he swept under the carpet the fact this his brother in law abused and impregnated an underaged girl many many years ago)). It is very much worth mentioning, however, that Dr. Zachary is still a predator even if the son was “of age”. The student teacher relationship is a strong enough bond as is; throw in the fact that Dr. Zachary has known the Boruffs for decades and this definitely turns this case into abuse. The son is a victim.

Jack Trieber was made aware of that situation and it wasn’t long until a spot was found for him to “serve” elsewhere. Everyone (Zachary, Boruff, Trieber) agreed that this was the best course of action and thus things were swept clean around NV and everyone moved on. Staff (except a select few) new nothing of this situation. Certainly the deacons were left in the dark on this one.

~Fast Forward~

Three weeks ago, a victim of Dr. Zachary’s came forward with accusations of sexual abuse/misconduct. Another side note worth mentioning is that it is still not confirmed whether or not he took advantage of minors. (Thus the police investigation rather than an arrest like in Jack Schaap’s case.) Paul Chappel (pastor of Lancaster Baptist Church) contacted Jack Trieber with the news and they began to take action.

Jack Trieber met with Brad Boruff and they both decided that it would be best if Boruff resigned immediately (regardless of the fact that GSBC graduation was just days away). Jack Trieber then brought in CLA/David Gibbs III to draw up a legal contract stating that Jack Trieber had no pryer knowledge of this situation. Jack Trieber gave Brad Boruff a substantial severance package in exchange for his silence. The contract also makes clear that Brad Boruff is not to start or take over a church within 50 miles of North Valley Baptist Church.

Jack Trieber knew about this situation from the very beginning.

~My View~

People of North Valley Baptist Church, students of the great Golden State Baptist College, your pastor is a wolf in shepherds clothing. Please stop worshipping at the feet of Pastor Trieber and start dining at the table of your Savior.

I implore you, if you have further information regarding the abuse or have been abused please go directly to the police. DO NOT “receive counsel” from Jack Trieber regarding this situation."

How is it that you know without a shadow of a doubt that Jack Trieber had prior knowledge.  And if you do not know without a shadow of a doubt, then it is reckless of you to post such.

I am confused.

Where did HB say words such as, "I know without a shadow of a doubt that Jack Trieber had prior knowledge"?

Is that in a previous post by HB?

HB wrote, "Jack Trieber knew about this situation from the very beginning." 

Again, HB, how do you know without a shadow of a doubt that JT knew about this from the very beginning.  If you don't know this without a shadow of a doubt, IT IS RECKLESS AND WICKEDLY WRONG TO STATE THAT HE DID.

Frag.

You will not find where HB made any statement that JT knew from the beginning.

Please look carefully at HBs post.  Everything after:(Makes this a whole lot more believable:
"This was a comment from a link SFL posted re:WCBC statement. ) is from SFL facebook page. It was posted on May 12, 2014 at 4:41PM by a poster known as "little jack".

This means this is the opinion of little jack not HB.

I post many things with which I do not agree in whole or in part.

I do it to get issues out in the open and to start discussions on things people find hard to address.'

Please recheck the post carefully.

HB did not say what you said HB said.

Frag said:
bgwilkinson said:
Frag said:
Honey Badger said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Obsession....it's more than just a fragrance.

Just curious on your take of GSBC's statement vs WCBC's statement. How you gonna spin this one to make Chappell smell like roses?

http://wcbc.edu/articles/statement-regarding-mike-zachary

VS

http://gsbc.edu/recent_news/responsive-statement-to-west-coast-baptist-colleges-statement-regarding-dr-zacharys-termination/

Makes this a whole lot more believable:
"This was a comment from a link SFL posted re:WCBC statement.

"~Here Is What They Won’t Tell You~

Approximately 3 years ago Dr. Zachary left NVBC/GSBC to work for Paul Chappell at LBC/WCBC. It was a shock, but there was very little negative stigmatism attached. It was generally accepted that Dr. Zachary simply found a better opportunity and was “led” to resign.

What actually happened was that Dr. Zachary had been found to be having a nonconsensual sexual relationship with one of Brad Boruff’s sons. It is possible the son was an adult at the time which is why it was not reported to the police. (Jack Trieber takes a strong verbal stance on reporting child abuse (not a physical stance though, as he swept under the carpet the fact this his brother in law abused and impregnated an underaged girl many many years ago)). It is very much worth mentioning, however, that Dr. Zachary is still a predator even if the son was “of age”. The student teacher relationship is a strong enough bond as is; throw in the fact that Dr. Zachary has known the Boruffs for decades and this definitely turns this case into abuse. The son is a victim.

Jack Trieber was made aware of that situation and it wasn’t long until a spot was found for him to “serve” elsewhere. Everyone (Zachary, Boruff, Trieber) agreed that this was the best course of action and thus things were swept clean around NV and everyone moved on. Staff (except a select few) new nothing of this situation. Certainly the deacons were left in the dark on this one.

~Fast Forward~

Three weeks ago, a victim of Dr. Zachary’s came forward with accusations of sexual abuse/misconduct. Another side note worth mentioning is that it is still not confirmed whether or not he took advantage of minors. (Thus the police investigation rather than an arrest like in Jack Schaap’s case.) Paul Chappel (pastor of Lancaster Baptist Church) contacted Jack Trieber with the news and they began to take action.

Jack Trieber met with Brad Boruff and they both decided that it would be best if Boruff resigned immediately (regardless of the fact that GSBC graduation was just days away). Jack Trieber then brought in CLA/David Gibbs III to draw up a legal contract stating that Jack Trieber had no pryer knowledge of this situation. Jack Trieber gave Brad Boruff a substantial severance package in exchange for his silence. The contract also makes clear that Brad Boruff is not to start or take over a church within 50 miles of North Valley Baptist Church.

Jack Trieber knew about this situation from the very beginning.

~My View~

People of North Valley Baptist Church, students of the great Golden State Baptist College, your pastor is a wolf in shepherds clothing. Please stop worshipping at the feet of Pastor Trieber and start dining at the table of your Savior.

I implore you, if you have further information regarding the abuse or have been abused please go directly to the police. DO NOT “receive counsel” from Jack Trieber regarding this situation."

How is it that you know without a shadow of a doubt that Jack Trieber had prior knowledge.  And if you do not know without a shadow of a doubt, then it is reckless of you to post such.

I am confused.

Where did HB say words such as, "I know without a shadow of a doubt that Jack Trieber had prior knowledge"?

Is that in a previous post by HB?

HB wrote, "Jack Trieber knew about this situation from the very beginning." 

Again, HB, how do you know without a shadow of a doubt that JT knew about this from the very beginning.  If you don't know this without a shadow of a doubt, IT IS RECKLESS AND WICKEDLY WRONG TO STATE THAT HE DID.
What is reckless and wickedly wrong, is to give honour to a man who presides over a petry dish for homegrown pedophiles.

Strouf
Condict
Hudson
Zachary

How many sex scandals among his staff does it take?

Anishinabe

"What is reckless and wickedly wrong, is to give honour to a man who presides over a petry dish for homegrown pedophiles.

Strouf
Condict
Hudson
Zachary

How many sex scandals among his staff does it take?"

Hudson? First name?

What is reckless and wickedly wrong, is to give honour to a man who presides over a petry dish for homegrown pedophiles.

Strouf
Condict
Hudson
Zachary

Anishinabe

I remember vividly a conversation I had twenty five years ago in CA on the occasion of my high school class 10th year reunion. The church and school a Hyle's clone started by Ray Batema and would later have a couple of it's own staff issues. I sat for awhile with Wayne Temple, the man who just ten years prior was the high school principal. His wife had been my third grade teacher at another Christian school in an different city. Our family knew them from two churches we attended. They were BJU grads. In other words, they weren't "new to the game" of the IFB world. Now just ten years after my graduation under him he told me (not unsolicited however) his sons were going to a public high school and he even let one of them go to a dance. I was pretty surprised to say the least. As we talked about it he told me he just couldn't handle the hypocrisy any longer in at least that camp of the IFB and the sexual sin, especially the homosexual sin, that was rampant. The "homosexual sin" really surprised me then...but no more. Sadly.

Mr. Temple has sadly passed away but his wife, my third grade teacher, has now retired in Lynchburg where I am. Her son's attended LU.

switcher said:
"What is reckless and wickedly wrong, is to give honour to a man who presides over a petry dish for homegrown pedophiles.

Strouf
Condict
Hudson
Zachary

Hudson? First name?
Max.  And he cheated on his wife, with a lady in the church he took, after leaving NVBC.
but he was a slime bag before that, and he is still one , now.

Just John said:

Strouf
Condict
Hudson
Zachary

Anishinabe

I remember vividly a conversation I had twenty five years ago in CA on the occasion of my high school class 10th year reunion. The church and school a Hyle's clone started by Ray Batema and would later have a couple of it's own staff issues. I sat for awhile with Wayne Temple, the man who just ten years prior was the high school principal. His wife had been my third grade teacher at another Christian school in an different city. Our family knew them from two churches we attended. They were BJU grads. In other words, they weren't "new to the game" of the IFB world. Now just ten years after my graduation under him he told me (not unsolicited however) his sons were going to a public high school and he even let one of them go to a dance. I was pretty surprised to say the least. As we talked about it he told me he just couldn't handle the hypocrisy any longer in at least that camp of the IFB and the sexual sin, especially the homosexual sin, that was rampant. The "homosexual sin" really surprised me then...but no more. Sadly.

Mr. Temple has sadly passed away but his wife, my third grade teacher, has now retired in Lynchburg where I am. Her son's attended LU.
It surprised me the time a older High School boy did his dead level best to rape me on FBCH property.  Thank God I got away.  I found out later, that I wasnt the first, and probably his Dad was the Recruiter. 
Nothing in the IFB surprises me now.

prophet said:
switcher said:

Strouf
Condict
Hudson
Zachary

Hudson? First name?
Max.  And he cheated on his wife, with a lady in the church he took, after leaving NVBC.
but he was a slime bag before that, and he is still one , now.

Really? Wow. Shouldn't be surprised. But I am.

:(

prophet said:
Just John said:

Strouf
Condict
Hudson
Zachary

Anishinabe

It surprised me the time a older High School boy did his dead level best to rape me on FBCH property.  Thank God I got away.  I found out later, that I wasnt the first, and probably his Dad was the Recruiter. 
Nothing in the IFB surprises me now.

I think I heard about this way back when. If it's the same situation that I was told about.  :mad:

So, I assume Chappell is not doing time as an accessory in that murder suicide incident we were posting about awhile ago?

Tarheel Baptist said:
So, I assume Chappell is not doing time as an accessory in that murder suicide incident we were posting about awhile ago?

Not sure anyone suggested he would.  Only that his handling of the situation was not what we expected from his book.  Just like the handling of this situation.  ::)

Run along now obsessed ones. Nothing to see here...

asshat.jpg

Tar Heel Baptist:

Honey Badger said:

asshat.jpg

I was about add that identical post!  ;D
But, you guys keep hope alive....maybe one day soon.

Lets just hide it under the rug, so he can go to another church and continue his "ministry".

AmazedbyGrace said:
kaba said:
Lets just hide it under the rug, so he can go to another church and continue his "ministry".

Done.

Floridians beware.

I believe he is either in Jacksonville or Tallahassee. Way far north of me!!!

AmazedbyGrace said:
Honey Badger said:

asshat.jpg

Ha-ha!

I bet Tarheel still thinks Chappell represents the best of the IFB...

Oh obsessed one, Tarheel has said repeatedly that Chappell is the best of the IFB bunch as far as the so called national leadership is concerned. The evidence bears that out...he has been recognized by so called mainstream evangelical leaders, his publishing arm and books have gained broader mainstream appeal than any other IFB. His operation, buildings and programs are first class, not cheesy and tacky like some other IFB's. Those are facts!

I have repeatedly said I'm not his apologist.
Now, as far as representing the best of the IFB's, I'd choose Tom Brennan over Chappell.
But, Chappell's reputation and popularity among his 'base' don't seem to be diminished at all by the sniping from his left.....which is almost anybody left of Bob Gray or Bob Jones.

If he's indicted for conspiracy for the murder suicide or any other criminal activity, I'm sure it will be documented here.

Actually, I like the smell of Obsession... :)

He picked Jackwsonville... :-\

ABOUT
Former Chairman of the Music Department at West Coast Baptist College
Past: Golden State Baptist College and Christian Law Association
Studied Piano at American Conservatory of Music, Chicago
Past: Pensacola Christian College and Hyles-Anderson College
Lives in Macclenny, Florida
From Harvey, Illinois
Married