MORAL COMPASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Route_70 said:
Twisted said:

So, people who have no $ have no moral compass.

Hmmm....well, if we get into specifics, I think there is a certain segment where that would be true.  But there is no one answer that fits everyone.  Of course you know that.

Twisted said:
Hmmm....well, if we get into specifics, I think there is a certain segment where that would be true.  But there is no one answer that fits everyone.  Of course you know that.

So it's really just every man for himself, then.

Jim Jones said:
Do you lock your doors?

This is my thread: I wrote the OP.  Trolling is a violation of the TOS.

Route_70 said:
Twisted said:

So it's really just every man for himself, then.

It appears you've answered your own question.  Next subject.

Of course there are a few that would say God is their moral compass.  And God's moral compass even affects those who do not believe in God.  Hence the hatred for the display of the 10 Commandments.

Route_70 said:
What is mankind's moral compass?

All men have an ingrained understanding of right and wrong (to one degree or another).
God has specifically answered this question in His Word. Through Holy Spirit illumination, those who are following His Word and sanctified thereby, have a solid moral compass.

FSSL said:
All men have an ingrained understanding of right and wrong (to one degree or another).

Ingrained how?  Where did it come from?

FSSL said:
God has specifically answered this question in His Word.

Is it ingrained or is it answered in His Word?  Is this something different, or is this the same thing?  Chapter and verse please.

FSSL said:
Through Holy Spirit illumination

Ingrained ... His Word ... Holy Spirit illumination ... all the same thing or all different?

FSSL said:
those who are following His Word and sanctified thereby, have a solid moral compass.

Just these and no one else?

Romans 1: The question of what is and where does a  "moral compass came from" is not an honest question. It has already been made plain to all people.

The problem is not that a moral compass is a mystery... it is a truth being suppressed.

... since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God?s invisible qualities?his eternal power and divine nature?have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. (Ro 1:19?20).

FSSL said:
The question of what is and where does a  "moral compass came from" is not an honest question.
I do not understand your implication: "not an honest question.?  To wit, I reference a question asked by one of my online stalkers:

Jo said:
That's the interesting thing about the topic of Christian behavior.  We have the Word to live by and we often fall short, but what code do atheists have?  I'm not saying all atheists are immoral.  I'm asking where is their moral compass?

FSSL said:
Romans 1: ... It has already been made plain to all people.

Made plain how?  In God's creation?  Then we do not need the Bible -- yet you said something about "His Word."

With all due respect, your response is very confusing and a bit contradictory.

Route_70 said:
Made plain how?  In God's creation?  Then we do not need the Bible -- yet you said something about "His Word." With all due respect, your response is very confusing and a bit contradictory.

His Word: Where do you think Romans 1 comes from?

Not only is the knowledge of God evident to man, He explicitly told us in Romans as well... Those who deny this truth are "without excuse."

FSSL said:
Not only is the knowledge of God evident to man, He explicitly told us in Romans as well.

If it is all that evident in nature, then there is the need for His Word.

Route_70 said:
If it is all that evident in nature, then there is the need for His Word.

That is the way those who suppress the knowledge of God really think... they even go further... they say they have no knowledge of God and morals come from within man.

FSSL said:
That is the way those who suppress the knowledge of God really think.

What is "knowledge of God?"  How does one suppress that?

Route_70 said:
FSSL said:
That is the way those who suppress the knowledge of God really think.

What is "knowledge of God?"  How does one suppress that?

Sin.

Route_70 said:
Same ol? copout.  You cannot give a logical answer.

It is logical. Unfortunately you will not accept it. I have no expectations that you will...

The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God?s law, nor can it do so. (Ro 8:7).

What is illogical is why you are interested in the topic of morals when it deals with good & evil. You are biased against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.