MORAL COMPASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! An atheist is now claiming omniscience. You have no idea as to how I (or most of us) have ever dealt with charlatans/predators.

FSSL said:
Wow! An atheist is now claiming omniscience. You have no idea as to how I (or most of us) have ever dealt with charlatans/predators.

You are disingenuous to make such a disparaging statement that I should claim omniscience.  How dishonest!  I have received the same sort of disparaging remarks from these God-fearin', Bible-totin', church-goin' Christians around here, none of whom -- not one -- went out of their way to stop a well-suspected child molester among them.  My personal experience is that it takes an atheist to do the right thing.  Their main concern was to protect the reputation of their church.  My main concern was to protect the innocent children from the good church people's neglect and negligence.

This all a very interesting read.

May I ask what the purpose of you posting your question is?

Twisted said:

I thought it was time to make things interesting.

Route_70 said:
FSSL said:

You are disingenuous to make such a disparaging statement that I should claim omniscience.  How dishonest!  I have received the same sort of disparaging remarks from these God-fearin', Bible-totin', church-goin' Christians around here, none of whom -- not one -- went out of their way to stop a well-suspected child molester among them.  My personal experience is that it takes an atheist to do the right thing.  Their main concern was to protect the reputation of their church.  My main concern was to protect the innocent children from the good church people's neglect and negligence.

Well, at least you don't practice false modesty.  It's amazing you don't have your own converts.  Maybe you'll be on the front page of your town's newspaper. I can imagine the headline.

Route_70 said:
Twisted said:

I thought it was time to make things interesting.

Interesting for who?  My interest is waning.  But I hope you find answers for whatever is troubling you.

TheRealJonStewart said:
I'd like to report the user (Route_7) to an admin for trolling.

Go ahead.  The majority of the exchanges on this thread have been between an admin (FSSL) and the thread owner (Route_70).

Route_70 said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
I'd like to report the user (Route_7) to an admin for trolling.

Go ahead.  The majority of the exchanges on this thread have been between an admin (FSSL) and the thread owner (Route_70).

Actually starting a thread is not the same as owning a thread...don't believe me, break the rules on a thread and see how fast it is gone.  The Admin owns these threads.

T-Bone said:
Actually starting a thread is not the same as owning a thread...don't believe me, break the rules on a thread and see how fast it is gone.  The Admin owns these threads.

Sorta like "owning" a home.  Think you own it?  Don't pay your property taxes and find out who really owns it.

T-Bonehead said:

Go troll someone else's thread.

Route_70 said:
T-Bonehead said:

Subjective morality let's you make your own rules.

Ransom said:
It's FSSL's thread, as they all are. You are a guest.

No, I am not a guest; I am a member.  Guests are those who have not joined.  If you or anyone else has a problem with me personally, then do whatever is within your (Ransom) purview to do; otherwise, go troll someone else's thread.  FSSL certainly is welcome to do whatever he feels is within his purview.

Personally I do not care what any of you do.  I have trolled no one.

Route_70 said:
Ransom said:
It's FSSL's thread, as they all are. You are a guest.

No, I am not a guest; I am a member.  Guests are those who have not joined.  If you or anyone else has a problem with me personally, then do whatever is within your (Ransom) purview to do; otherwise, go troll someone else's thread.  FSSL certainly is welcome to do whatever he feels is within his purview.

Personally I do not care what any of you do.  I have trolled no one.

But you are certainly determined to be the martyr...that way you can make claims to your friends about how unfair you were treated on the FFF by those Christians.

Route_70 said:
T-Bonehead said:

Sorry, I don't answer to you, you have no authority here.  Start your own forum and then you can have the power to tell those on it what to do...until then  :p

It sounds like from your responses that you may not have a moral compass.  I dunno.  What about ethics?  Atheists can have a code of ethics, I suppose.

What are your ethics?  You know, like most Christians believe God gave us the Ten Commandments.  Do we break them?  Yes (See Romans 3:23).

A good example is the Boy Scouts of America (just trying to help you out).  They have a code of "conduct".  See below.

"Scouting is a values-based program with its own code of conduct. The Scout Oath and Law help instill the values of good conduct, respect for others, and honesty. Scouts learn skills that will last a lifetime, including basic outdoor skills, first aid, citizenship skills, leadership skills, and how to get along with others. For almost a century, Scouting has instilled in young men the values and knowledge that they will need to become leaders in their communities and country."

Does that mean a Scout is always trustworthy, etc.?  Of course not. They are human and so are Christians.

So, you've made it clear you're an Atheist, and you are very proud of the fact that you believe you outed a child molester.  If it's true - kudos.  If it's not true, it means you lied intentionally or unintentionally.  If that were the case, would that matter to you?  Hence, my initial question in regards to ethics.

Simple question.  Why make it hard?...unless you're trolling for "entertainment purposes" :)

I'm trying to be kind because that's part of who I am or who I think I am.  You seem to be the opposite or you at least act like you're the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.