More from the New Independent Baptists

Jrock said:
Oh I meant IFB churches.

Got it.

Well, whoever they are, avoid them if at all possible.

Find you a small, Bible preaching church where the pastor knows your name.

Do you still attend an IFB church or have you moved on to another denomination?

Jrock said:
Do you still attend an IFB church or have you moved on to another denomination?

If you're asking me, IFB until the undertaker or uppertaker.

Ransom said:
Twisted said:

And he's always glad you came!

Unlike a large bible believing church

Jrock said:
?When we say that the Bible is inspired, we do not refer to the translations or copies but to the original autographs, written down under God?s direction.?

-John R. Rice, Our God-Breathed Book the Bible, Sword of the Lord Publishers; 1969.

And this is what was commonly held until Ruckman came on the scene and started calling the KJV "insired" and muddying the waters.

Bob H said:
Ransom said:
Twisted said:

And he's always glad you came!

Unlike a large bible believing church

That is sadly true. I've often marveled at how well visitors are treated and how harshly members are dealt with: If a visitor comes one Sun AM and the subsequent one, he is fawned over.  If a member does the same, he is castigated for skipping PM and Wed.

I very much appreciate churches in which the pastor thanks the people for coming and doesn't take the member for granted.

Twisted said:
Jrock said:
?When we say that the Bible is inspired, we do not refer to the translations or copies but to the original autographs, written down under God?s direction.?

-John R. Rice, Our God-Breathed Book the Bible, Sword of the Lord Publishers; 1969.

Please....it's not nice to expose Rice's mistakes.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

prophet said:
Twisted said:
Jrock said:

Just how small is that pond you boys are swimming  in?

Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
Jrock said:

I don't get my marching orders from the KKK....

prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
Jrock said:

Antifa?  #METOO?  BlackLivesMatter?

Twisted said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
Jrock said:

John R. Rice and Bob Jones Sr were paid to propagate Segregation.
Rice grew up in the home of the Grand Dragon of East Texas.

Between that, and taking Scofield notes as a cirriculum, it's no wonder Rice was off a little.

prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
Jrock said:

Between that, and taking Scofield notes as a cirriculum, it's no wonder Rice was off a little.

KABOOM!!!!

prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
Jrock said:

Rice was one who propagated IFB fundamentalism, but not sure who would pay him to propagate segregation.
Aside from Rice, my point was and is that KJVO, as practiced by most, is a small and shrinking pond.

prophet said:
Yes, his father was a klansman, but he repudiated his father's "error" publicly.
prophet said:
Uh, you are aware, are you not, that Rice was NOT a dispensationalist?

Looking for info on Rice's eschatology, I came across this dated but interesting article on John R. Rice.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/trevin-wax/book-review-the-sword-of-the-lord/

Tarheel Baptist said:
Looking for info on Rice's eschatology, I came across this dated but interesting article on John R. Rice.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/trevin-wax/book-review-the-sword-of-the-lord/

John R. Rice was, IMO, an editor, publisher, book writer and bookseller.  He was a so-so evangelist.

He was a man of principle that is sorely lacking today.  A loving husband and father.

His best books were on prayer and the home.  His commentaries are primarily "milk".  The Sword of the Lord no longer publishes many of his books.

I took this photo and have fond memories of spending time with both Rice and Hutson.  Rice definitely loved to have his photo taken.

At this meeting, he was "losing it".  He called women who wore pants "trash" and had all the women stand and prayed that those women standing would all have a baby!  Oops!  He normally would ask only those wanting a baby to stand.  As he prayed and the reason for his prayer became obvious, many women screamed and sat down quickly!  They knew this man had power in prayer.

Sword-Jubilee.jpg

Tarheel Baptist said:

That was a good read, thanks.

prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
Jrock said:

Any proof for that statement about John R Rice? The statement seems pretty nasty... (and I'm talking about "paid to propagate segregation").

No one can control who their parents are and what they believe, but (more to the point), is there any proof that Dr Rice advocated the KKK?

IFB X-Files said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

At this meeting, he was "losing it".  He called women who wore pants "trash" and had all the women stand and prayed that those women standing would all have a baby!  Oops!  He normally would ask only those wanting a baby to stand.  As he prayed and the reason for his prayer became obvious, many women screamed and sat down quickly!  They knew this man had power in prayer.

This kind of superstition is ludicrous; it makes God out to be some kind of cosmic vending machine that people can manipulate if they say the right words. God is the One with power.

Per the date of the article, he had less than a year to live...