More from the New Independent Baptists

Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
...a man ordained by Steve Anderson

Funny, since he was never ordained. (unless by himself)
You're wrong, in case you care.

Please tell us by whom he was ordained.  And when.
His Pastor in Sacramento ordained him, in the Fall of '05

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:

Does this pastor have a name?

Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:

My Bologna does...

prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:

My Bologna does...

Seriously, though, I'm kind of hazy now, meds n all, and I can't remember.
I'll try to find out.
I know he was a Larry Brown associate.

Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:

Ordination is certainly not hard to come by, at least not in our neck of the woods.
I've heard attorneys say that a DA could get a ham sandwich indicted.
I think I might be able to get a ham sandwich ordained...for the right price.  :)

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:

Ordination is certainly not hard to come by, at least not in our neck of the woods.
I've heard attorneys say that a DA could get a ham sandwich indicted.
I think I might be able to get a ham sandwich ordained...for the right price.  :)
This was his home church for years.

prophet said:

Let me chime in here.

I know Steve Anderson personally.  I also know the pastor to whom you are referring.  Steve Nichols did pastor Steve Anderson and his family and I spoke to Bro. Nichols (face-to-face)before he was struck down with Lyme disease.  The subject of our conversation was Steve Anderson.

When Anderson first had his church website, he claimed he was "sent" from Nichol's church.  Nichols denied that to be the case.  Anderson started his church under no one's sending authority.  Can you do that?  Sure.  But why lie about it?

Now if you are claiming that Bro. Nichols ordained Anderson, well, I wouldn't believe it unless I saw the signed ordination paper.  However, I have placed a call to Bro. Nichols to make sure.  I have no idea if he will respond.

This recent fiasco in Texas shows the depth of the apostasy of Anderson.  He is building his own denomination.  There is a video where the pastor of the Florida church says that Anderson "fired" him!  I'm not sure the control of Hyles ever went that far.

IFB X-Files said:
prophet said:

Let me chime in here.

I know Steve Anderson personally.  I also know the pastor to whom you are referring.  Steve Nichols did pastor Steve Anderson and his family and I spoke to Bro. Nichols (face-to-face)before he was struck down with Lyme disease.  The subject of our conversation was Steve Anderson.

When Anderson first had his church website, he claimed he was "sent" from Nichol's church.  Nichols denied that to be the case.  Anderson started his church under no one's sending authority.  Can you do that?  Sure.  But why lie about it?

Now if you are claiming that Bro. Nichols ordained Anderson, well, I wouldn't believe it unless I saw the signed ordination paper.  However, I have placed a call to Bro. Nichols to make sure.  I have no idea if he will respond.

This recent fiasco in Texas shows the depth of the apostasy of Anderson.  He is building his own denomination.  There is a video where the pastor of the Florida church says that Anderson "fired" him!  I'm not sure the control of Hyles ever went that far.
1.  I don't know why you said "I know Anderson personally".
So do I.
What's your point?
2.  Nichols ordained him in '05, and sent him out to Phoenix, to start the church.
I was in daily communication with him at the time, and we were employed by the same Company.
3. As to your assessment of the Ft Worth fiasco...I agree 100 %

Tarheel Baptist said:
I got my dog ordained for $20 "The Reverend Teddy" - an Irish Setter (who was smarter than most IFB preachers I knew).

prophet said:
IFB X-Files said:
prophet said:

Let me chime in here.

So do I.
What's your point?
2.  Nichols ordained him in '05, and sent him out to Phoenix, to start the church.
I was in daily communication with him at the time, and we were employed by the same Company.

No need to hear back from Steve Nichols as we have the words out of Anderson's own mouth.

Anderson defines what an "ordination" is, and it is NOT was I nor Steve Nichols nor a large majority of Baptist pastors would define it as.  Can it be done that way?  Sure.  There are no set "rules", but both sides need to agree on what's taking place.

At the 25:00 mark, Anderson explains that when Nichols put his hand on his (Anderson's) shoulder and prayed for him to go start a church, THAT was his ordination.

And if you continue to listen after the 25:00 mark, he goes to say that he would have NOTHING to do with any man who he sends out to start a church if they change their doctrine or position.  Why?  Because that's what being independent is!  Sure strange he's involved in Ft. Worth and Florida.

So I maintain my position that Anderson was never formally ordained.  He has no ordination certificate.  There was no questioning of him as a candidate.  Totally bogus.

And being an alien, I must be totally honest and say I now do question what Nichols told me.  Needless to say, there were problems between the two.  It's probably just me, but to me, it sounded like Nichols wanted Anderson GONE.

https://youtu.be/6A83arpQEYc

IFB X-Files said:
prophet said:
IFB X-Files said:
prophet said:

Let me chime in here.

So do I.
What's your point?

No need to hear back from Steve Nichols as we have the words out of Anderson's own mouth.

Anderson defines what an "ordination" is, and it is NOT was I nor Steve Nichols nor a large majority of Baptist pastors would define it as.  Can it be done that way?  Sure.  There are no set "rules", but both sides need to agree on what's taking place.

At the 25:00 mark, Anderson explains that when Nichols put his hand on his (Anderson's) shoulder and prayed for him to go start a church, THAT was his ordination.

And if you continue to listen after the 25:00 mark, he goes to say that he would have NOTHING to do with any man who he sends out to start a church if they change their doctrine or position.  Why?  Because that's what being independent is!  Sure strange he's involved in Ft. Worth and Florida.

So I maintain my position that Anderson was never formally ordained.  He has no ordination certificate.  There was no questioning of him as a candidate.  Totally bogus.

And being an alien, I must be totally honest and say I now do question what Nichols told me.  Needless to say, there were problems between the two.  It's probably just me, but to me, it sounded like Nichols wanted Anderson GONE.

https://youtu.be/6A83arpQEYc
Wow.
Well, either way, YouTube boy has left way too many of his words online to be flipflopping now.
He's sunk.

prophet said:
Wow.
Well, either way, YouTube boy has left way too many of his words online to be flipflopping now.
He's sunk.

I agree...WOW!

I guess Anderson thought his mid-trib position was no big deal to keep it from his pastor.  Of course, at a REAL ordination, that would have probably come out during questioning.

More proof the guy is a loser.

Twisted said:
prophet said:
Wow.
He's sunk.

I agree...WOW!

I guess Anderson thought his mid-trib position was no big deal to keep it from his pastor.  Of course, at a REAL ordination, that would have probably come out during questioning.

His "mid-trib position" is the historic Baptist pre-millenial position...one area he has right.

prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Wow.
He's sunk.

I agree...WOW!

His "mid-trib position" is the historic Baptist pre-millenial position...one area he has right.

I never said he wasn't right, just that he obviously hid it from his pastor.  For the record, I don't agree with it, but wouldn't break fellowship over it.

Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
prophet said:
Wow.
He's sunk.

I agree...WOW!

I never said he wasn't right, just that he obviously hid it from his pastor.  For the record, I don't agree with it, but wouldn't break fellowship over it.
And you'd be correct.
Dishonesty does not beget honesty.

prophet said:
Actually the historic Pre-mil position is more likely Post Trib. We see that all the way back to such men as Ireneaus, Polycarp, Justin Martyr, and Papias.

Thomas Cassidy said:
prophet said:
Actually the historic Pre-mil position is more likely Post Trib. We see that all the way back to such men as Ireneaus, Polycarp, Justin Martyr, and Papias.
"Historic PreMillenial (post trib), has been renamed "Pre Wrath", to differentiate between Mid trib wacky stuff, and the Historic position.

So, yes.

Thomas Cassidy said:
prophet said:
I didn't realize that I said "MidTrib"
I had meant to say Pre-Wrath.
In  my defense, I am in the Hospital..
[emoji6]