It's the mighty dollar

They make alot of money off of the abortions and giving out the pills

There's your daily quota.... :D

Tarheel Baptist said:
Biker said:
It's the mighty dollar

They make alot of money off of the abortions and giving out the pills

There's your daily quota.... :D
With my eyes, and the difficulty to to form sentences, I'd probably kill both the baby & Momma's doing abortions

I'm posting more and more like The Glory Land each day  :eek:

T-bone and his army can go there and run them out... 8)

Planned Parenthood tweets: "A girl's 'character' is not tied to virginity."

Well, no, but it might be tied to how easily she gave it away . . .

Every day I'm more and more convinced that liberalism is a mental disease.

HeDied4U said:

Come on guys....there are stupid zealots on both sides. I really don't think mental illness has a political bent ;)

LongGone said:
HeDied4U said:

Come on guys....there are stupid zealots on both sides. I really don't think mental illness has a political bent ;)

I can't think of a conservative equivalent to a funeral for a frozen chicken.

The Rogue Tomato said:
LongGone said:
HeDied4U said:

Frame of reference comes into play here.

We find this ridiculous while they feel they are making an important statement. If you need a parallel that fits, it would be the lawn full of crosses representing aborted babies. An important statement to the speaker that is seen as ridiculous nonsense by those who disagree.

Glad I could help.

subllibrm said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
LongGone said:
HeDied4U said:

We find this ridiculous while they feel they are making an important statement. If you need a parallel that fits, it would be the lawn full of crosses representing aborted babies. An important statement to the speaker that is seen as ridiculous nonsense by those who disagree.

Glad I could help.

Um.. human babies vs. food.  Sure, that sounds like an equivalent. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
subllibrm said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
LongGone said:
HeDied4U said:

Glad I could help.

Um.. human babies vs. food.  Sure, that sounds like an equivalent.

I didn't say it "is equivalent". I said that to a person who sees the world differently than you and I may find the display of crosses to be ridiculous as you find a chicken funeral ridiculous.

The answer to your wondering is found within a person's worldview.

You and I see a unique individual human being in the mother's womb and there for mourn when the child is lost (to whatever reason) while another person sees it as much less and insignificant.  They find the idea of mourning a glob of cells (or whatever other euphemism they choose) to be ridiculous.

The folks referenced in the OP see a chicken as an already hatched (born) sentient being (not food) that lost it's life needlessly and therefor they mourn the death. You (we) see it as silly and inane.

The reason you don't see it as equivalent is that you don't see it as ridiculous but they do.

Been taking rcs2a obtuse pills this morning?  ;D

The Rogue Tomato said:
LongGone said:
HeDied4U said:

Suing every gay person on earth might be in the ballpark...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/05/06/driskell_v_homosexuals_nebraska_woman_sues_every_gay_person_on_the_planet.html

...or getting plastered while watching Fox News so you go and set a mosque on fire...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/randolph-linn-fox-news-mosque-arson_n_2345708.html

Smellin Coffee said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
LongGone said:
HeDied4U said:

Suing every gay person on earth might be in the ballpark...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/05/06/driskell_v_homosexuals_nebraska_woman_sues_every_gay_person_on_the_planet.html

...or getting plastered while watching Fox News so you go and set a mosque on fire...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/randolph-linn-fox-news-mosque-arson_n_2345708.html

Suing all gays would be an equivalent.  The baby thing wouldn't, and it's not just because it's liberal vs. conservative.  If you can't tell the difference in value between a human and a chicken, that's a mental disorder. 

Except that, to these folks, we aren't talking about a human.

rsc2a said:
Except that, to these folks, we aren't talking about a human.

Which is why it's a mental disorder. 

Suing all gay people is a crazy thing to do, which is why I would classify that as a mental disorder.  I'm not familiar with the case, but I would note a possible exception.  It's not crazy if the plaintiff knows it's outrageous, but is simply doing it to make a point.  I might not even agree with the point, but it's a perfectly logical and sane action to take.  If he/she is actually expecting to win the case, then that's obviously crazy.

While I personally have no problem with homosexuals and what they do (God will handle it one way or another), I do feel compelled to point out the reality is that homosexuality is a perversion in the true sense of the word.  I'm not talking about it in the pejorative sense.  I mean it meets the definition.  Perversion is "the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended."  So whether or not one approves of homosexual behavior, it is clearly the alteration of something from its original intent.  Same goes for transgender. 

Even when I was still an atheist, I held this view, and I would recommend therapy for these people.  Unfortunately, psychology went from helping people deal with reality to helping people feel better about living in their unreality.  So even therapy these days wouldn't help. 

subllibrm said:

We find this ridiculous while they feel they are making an important statement.

Their antics are ridiculous because their position is ridiculous.

If you need a parallel that fits, it would be the lawn full of crosses representing aborted babies. An important statement to the speaker that is seen as ridiculous nonsense by those who disagree.

Frozen food vs. unborn human beings? Not even close to a moral equivalent.

I have attempted to engage people from Direct Action Everywhere (the people behind these kinds of demonstrations). They will not even consider the question of abortion. They simply don't care. They are sociopaths, and their barking mad chicken funeral is a symptom.