Muhammad Ali Assumes Room Temperature

T-Bone

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/news/muhammad-ali-greatest-boxing-legend-dies-74-043007438.html?ref=gs

I can smile thinking back how I truly enjoyed the entertainer and boxer part of Ali.

His name Clay.

earnestly contend

?We don?t have but about 80 years on Earth,? Ali continued. ?This is a test to see where will we spend our life, in Heaven or Hell? This is not the life now, your real self is inside you. Your body gets old. Some of you don?t have no teeth, your hair?s leaving you, your bodies get tired, but your soul and your spirit never die. That?s gonna live forever. So your body is just housing your soul and spirit. So God is testing us no how we treat each other, how we live, to see where our real home will be in Heaven. So this physical stuff don?t last for so long.?

Concluding his answer, Ali said, ?The most important thing about life is what?s gonna happen when you die, are you gonna go to Heaven or Hell? And that?s eternity.?

?So what am I going to do when I?m through fighting?? Ali ended, ?Get myself ready to meet God and go to the best place. Don?t that make sense??

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/04/muhammad-ali-in-1977-will-use-retirement-to-get-myself-ready-to-meet-god-video/

I feel very sad for Ali.  But for the grace of God I could very well be in his shoes.  I have no desire to mock him but it shows that the world is righteous in it's own eyes in striving to get to heaven through good works.  By the way.  In the video he destroys evolution!

biscuit1953 said:
?We don?t have but about 80 years on Earth,? Ali continued. ?This is a test to see where will we spend our life, in Heaven or Hell? This is not the life now, your real self is inside you. Your body gets old. Some of you don?t have no teeth, your hair?s leaving you, your bodies get tired, but your soul and your spirit never die. That?s gonna live forever. So your body is just housing your soul and spirit. So God is testing us no how we treat each other, how we live, to see where our real home will be in Heaven. So this physical stuff don?t last for so long.?

Concluding his answer, Ali said, ?The most important thing about life is what?s gonna happen when you die, are you gonna go to Heaven or Hell? And that?s eternity.?

?So what am I going to do when I?m through fighting?? Ali ended, ?Get myself ready to meet God and go to the best place. Don?t that make sense??

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/04/muhammad-ali-in-1977-will-use-retirement-to-get-myself-ready-to-meet-god-video/

I feel very sad for Ali.  But for the grace of God I could very well be in his shoes.  I have no desire to mock him but it shows that the world is righteous in it's own eyes in striving to get to heaven through good works.  By the way.  In the video he destroys evolution!

Personally, I believe that many people thinks as Ali claimed to believe -- that is is how we live now that determines our eternal destiny.  It is logical, and makes sense... the only problem is that it is not what the Scriptures say.

"Let God be true and every man a liar."

biscuit1953 said:
I feel very sad for Ali.  But for the grace of God I could very well be in his shoes.  I have no desire to mock him but it shows that the world is righteous in it's own eyes in striving to get to heaven through good works.

"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.    And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life.  And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.  And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.   Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.    And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

Walt said:
Personally, I believe that many people thinks as Ali claimed to believe -- that is is how we live now that determines our eternal destiny.  It is logical, and makes sense... the only problem is that it is not what the Scriptures say.

Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.  For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.  And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.    Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

Mr. Hall said:
biscuit1953 said:
I feel very sad for Ali.  But for the grace of God I could very well be in his shoes.  I have no desire to mock him but it shows that the world is righteous in it's own eyes in striving to get to heaven through good works.

"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.    And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life.  And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.  And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.   Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.    And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

Great verse, sadly there will be no saved at the GWT...but the unbelievers will have their day...and yes they will be judged by their works, it's all they have...sadly none can or will measure up...that's why the last part of the verses you quoted deal with the book of life...you know the book with the names of the redeemed.

Mr. Hall said:
Walt said:

Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.  For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.  And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.    Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

Ephesians 2:8-9New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast

You do know the Scripture teaches there are none that do good? Our righteousness is as filthy rags?  Jesus said, "only God is good."?  Salvation is not based on our works, but on Jesus' finished work.  Works are a result of salvation, not what produces it.

Is there some particular reason you enjoy these gauche thread titles?  Is it a crazy Fundy thang, a crazy Baptist thang, or just a personal crazy T-Boner thang?

I enjoy El Rushbo verbiage as much as anyone, and I can maybe see using it in regard to some blatantly evil person like Bin Laden or even Putin, but geez.

NorrinRadd said:
Is there some particular reason you enjoy these gauche thread titles?  Is it a crazy Fundy thang, a crazy Baptist thang, or just a personal crazy T-Boner thang?

I enjoy El Rushbo verbiage as much as anyone, and I can maybe see using it in regard to some blatantly evil person like Bin Laden or even Putin, but geez.

Well it can't be a crazy fundy thing...cause I'm not one.  Could be a crazy Baptist thing...cause I am one of those, but that's not it. It probably is the crazy T-Boner thang...I am equal opportunity so I don't hold these things just for those who are "evil"! ????

NorrinRadd said:

Concern Troll is concerned.

T-Bone said:
Great verse, sadly there will be no saved at the GWT...but the unbelievers will have their day...and yes they will be judged by their works, it's all they have...sadly none can or will measure up...that's why the last part of the verses you quoted deal with the book of life...you know the book with the names of the redeemed.

"And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

From this it can be inferred that there will be some at the Great White Throne whose names will be found written in the Book of Life.  Otherwise, why use the word "if?"

$

T-Bone said:

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast

Paul's words.  Why then would Jesus not have said:

...... those who have been saved through faith to the resurrection of life, and those who have not been saved through faith to the resurrection of judgment?

If good works are the byproduct not the means, then one would think that the means would be the better fit in this statement.

$

Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

Paul's words.  Why then would Jesus not have said:

...... those who have been saved through faith to the resurrection of life, and those who have not been saved through faith to the resurrection of judgment?

If good works are the byproduct not the means, then one would think that the means would be the better fit in this statement.

$

I'm not seeing a conflict...you might want to clarify, seem to be saying the same thing.

Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

"And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

From this it can be inferred that there will be some at the Great White Throne whose names will be found written in the Book of Life.  Otherwise, why use the word "if?"

$

You can infer what you like...but your inference does not equate to what is said.

T-Bone said:
I'm not seeing a conflict...you might want to clarify, seem to be saying the same thing.

In his letter to the Ephesians, Paul said you are saved through faith and not by works.

According to the Gospel of John, Jesus said all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life ...

Clearly there's a conflict here. 

$

T-Bone said:
You can infer what you like...but your inference does not equate to what is said.

You stated that "there will be no saved at the GWT." 

The passage in Revelation does not say that.  It does say that "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire" which implies that there will be some there whose names are written in the Book of Life.  If it was already known that no one at the Great White Throne had their name in the Book of Life, there would be no need to check it.

The passage also said that "the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done."  If good works don't matter, what would be the point of judging them according to "what they had done?"  It doesn't make sense.

$

Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

In his letter to the Ephesians, Paul said you are saved through faith and not by works.

According to the Gospel of John, Jesus said all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life ...

Clearly there's a conflict here. 

$

Just for fun and simplicity, why not leave Paul out of it and keep the conflict just within John's Gospel?

In chapter 6, just one chapter after the one to which you allude, John records Jesus teaching that the only "work" one need do to obtain eternal life is to believe in Him.

NorrinRadd said:
Just for fun and simplicity, why not leave Paul out of it and keep the conflict just within John's Gospel?

In chapter 6, just one chapter after the one to which you allude, John records Jesus teaching that the only "work" one need do to obtain eternal life is to believe in Him.

Okay.  But let's include Luke's Gospel too, Chapter 18:

"And a ruler asked him, ?Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life??  And Jesus said to him, ?Why do you call me good?  No one is good except God alone.  You know the commandments:  ?Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour your father and mother.??  And he said, ?All these I have kept from my youth.?  When Jesus heard this, he said to him, ?One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.?  But when he heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich.  Jesus, seeing that he had become sad, said, ?How difficult it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!

?Then who can be saved??

?Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God,  who will not receive many times more in this time, and in the age to come eternal life.?

$