Muhammad Ali Assumes Room Temperature

Galatians 2:16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.
God saves through His grace, not by what we do, that's the whole purpose of Christs sacrifice.

From James 2:

"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?  Can that faith save him?"

"So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."

"Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar?  You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;"

"You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone."

"For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead."

$

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise. 12 And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.

Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness

Faith and works go hand in hand, you can't have one without the other. But in order to have works, you first need faith, and faith is a gift of God.
Ali was a Muslim who rejected Christ, as many "good" things he did, they were tainted by sin. He was famous for his extramarital affairs. He rejected the atoning work of Christ.
I was brought up in a home where my stepdad loved Ali, I watched many of his fights and my stepdad spoke glowingly of him. But the truth is, as RC Sproul Tweeted this weekend , Ali met the Greatest Of All Time Friday Night.