Music you COULD NOT BELIEVE got approved at HAC...

Teri in NC said:
Teri in NC said:
I never had any tapes at college, so I did not turn any in.

In fact, I don't think I even knew of anyone doing so, but knew that it was possible.

I don't recall any music ever being played in my dorm for the entire time I was there.

I do know I learned all about Michael Jackson from my Bible Club kids break dancing.

And Spanish music.  I heard that on Saturdays as well.

I should have split this up to make more posts.

But, I did not.  :(

Leave it up to Teri to have one real post followed by two empty posts.

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

I'm not familiar with Chris Cross, but I like Southern Cross.

Just think of Laura and you will figure it out.

RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

I'm not familiar with Chris Cross, but I like Southern Cross.

Just think of Laura and you will figure it out.

I got it.

So..here's a story.  My grandma watches General Hospital daily..and has since I was in high school.

Two of the main characters were Luke and Laura.

One summer break, I was home and we went to see the symphony play here in town.

That song was played and she was hilarious thinking that the symphony was playing a song from her soap.

(Shut up Raider.  You had to be here.)

Any music I labeled "misc Christian"---like Gold City, Cathederals, Steve Green, another college's tour group(Baptist Bible College East)

Angelface2011 said:
Any music I labeled "misc Christian"---like Gold City, Cathederals, Steve Green, another college's tour group(Baptist Bible College East)

You actually got Gold City approved?

BALAAM said:
Norefund said:
Someone explain why you would be submitting a tape.  Was it for approval for personal listening?

Yes. If they only knew what was ahead in just a few short years, I wonder if they would have wasted the time. I mean the cell phones, internet, etc.

Now, I think there is one school, with a former HAC Veep in admin, that requires students to turn in their cell phones at night.  Allegedly.

CONSPIRATOR said:
BALAAM said:
Norefund said:
Someone explain why you would be submitting a tape.  Was it for approval for personal listening?

Yes. If they only knew what was ahead in just a few short years, I wonder if they would have wasted the time. I mean the cell phones, internet, etc.

Now, I think there is one school, with a former HAC Veep in admin, that requires students to turn in their cell phones at night.  Allegedly.

https://flic.kr/p/E2XJ9d

I'd be in trouble if I had to turn mine in.  I use it as an alarm clock.

RAIDER said:
Angelface2011 said:
Yup....but I didn't call it Gold City, I called it Misc Christian ??
You actually got Gold City approved?