My Visit to Steven Anderson?s Faithful Word Baptist Church...

Tim

Elect
Reaction score
http://polemicsreport.com/2017/10/22/my-visit-to-steven-andersons-faithful-word-baptist-church-and-the-surprises-i-found-there/

Not sure if anyone saw this online - thought it was worth sharing since it seems like we always share Steve Anderson stuff ... LOL

Tim said:
http://polemicsreport.com/2017/10/22/my-visit-to-steven-andersons-faithful-word-baptist-church-and-the-surprises-i-found-there/

Not sure if anyone saw this online - thought it was worth sharing since it seems like we always share Steve Anderson stuff ... LOL

Where does the writer get the idea that Anderson is a Pelagian?

Twisted said:

He is vehemently anti-Calvinist, and at least semi-Pelagian.

What does he believe about original sin?

Ransom said:
Twisted said:

I have no idea and I'm not going to ask. 

I sent the writer an email asking him the question.

Twisted said:
Ransom said:
Twisted said:

Do they screen your emails in the ward?

16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
Ransom said:
Twisted said:

Do they screen your emails in the ward?

Not if I send them while they're giving us our prune snacks.

Anderson is confused about the concept of Adam's sin. In so doing, he says that we are sinners when we commit sin. He is a Pelagianist/Finneyite, thoroughly (in that regard).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYuMC5fKwKM

Tim said:

Didn't Anderson attend Hyles then left after he disagreed with Schaap on the KJV?

FSSL said:
In so doing, he says that we are sinners when we commit sin.

Where do you get that?  I watched the first 3 1/2 minutes and he explained it very well.

"Of course we know, that Adam sinned, and because of that, we're all sinners"  00:58 seconds

If that ain't right, I don't know what is.

Twisted said:
FSSL said:

Where do you get that?  I watched the first 3 1/2 minutes and he explained it very well.

"Of course we know, that Adam sinned, and because of that, we're all sinners"  00:58 seconds

But listen further. He says that babies are not sinners because they are incapable of adultery, murder, etc...

Anderson does not have a refined theology and gets caught double-speaking

FSSL said:
Twisted said:
FSSL said:

But listen further. He says that babies are not sinners because they are incapable of adultery, murder, etc...

Anderson does not have a refined theology and gets caught double-speaking

I doubt he believes they don't have a sin nature, but I'm sure he meant they are not accountable.  I agree with that as well.

He said a "baby cannot commit sin." According to Anderson a person's spirit dies when we commit our first sin.

This is full Pelagianism.

So, the problem with this theology is that Scripture contrasts the sin of Adam with the righteousness of Christ. Anderson's explanation would demand that we would be saved when we "commit righteousness."

FSSL said:
He said a "baby cannot commit sin." According to Anderson a person's spirit dies when we commit our first sin.

This is full Pelagianism.

So, the problem with this theology is that Scripture contrasts the sin of Adam with the righteousness of Christ. Anderson's explanation would demand that we would be saved when we "commit righteousness."

"According to Anderson a person's spirit dies when we commit our first sin."

Does he say this it this video?

FSSL said:
Anderson is confused about the concept of Adam's sin. In so doing, he says that we are sinners when we commit sin. He is a Pelagianist/Finneyite, thoroughly (in that regard).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYuMC5fKwKM
Since you would have to be a follower of Finney, et al, to be a "Finneyite", and I know personally that Steve despises Finney, I call foul on this post.

Typical Calvinistic jackassery!

Call anyone who doesn't swallow Augustinian error : "pelagian", or semi-pelagian.

Anderson is no more Pelagian than he is Calvinist.

Get a new dispersion to cast,this one is worn out.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

TheRealJonStewart said:
Tim said:

Didn't Anderson attend Hyles then left after he disagreed with Schaap on the KJV?
He disagreed with Schaap on a lot, before that controversy really hit the fan.

Schaap was going away from Orthodoxy at a mile a minute pace, and anyone with any zeal at all bounced.

prophet said:
Since you would have to be a follower of Finney, et al, to be a "Finneyite", and I know personally that Steve despises Finney, . . .

Does he in fact say the things in this video that FSSL says he does?

Ransom said:
prophet said:
Since you would have to be a follower of Finney, et al, to be a "Finneyite", and I know personally that Steve despises Finney, . . .

I've spent hundreds of hours in conversation with him.
I feel comfortable in expressing the things that I know he believes.

I've never watched one of his sermon videos, and I probably never will.

You're free to take one for the team, and actually watch one....

Last time we spoke, he called me a heretic, for espousing Servetus' plea to Calvin, so....

You're on your own.

I can only take Anderson at his word. He says exactly the same things as Finney. Finney rejected "original sin" and taught that a person lost spiritual life when he commits his first act of sin.

I quoted him. All you have are very poor comebacks "I know him" and "you are a jackass Cavinist."

Perhaps Anderson has a very distorted historical theology. Same with any KJVO, they don't know their historical theology.

Ransom said:
prophet said:

That's why I'm waiting for the time reference.