New year starting at WHBS

Not to high jack a thread but I will share details one day.  In a nut shell he walked into a mess with a lot of corruption (financial and sexual).  Members and leaders caught red handed covering for the pastor and other leaders. 

I thought he would come in and absolutely clean house.  He repeatedly said from the pulpit these people are going nowhere and if you don't like don't let the door hit you on the way out.  Those people are his right-hand men today.

I honestly believe he failed our church and then failed WHBC after the Tom trouble.  He didn't even make it past Gainesville before he wound up in the hospital near death. 

Tanner said:
Not to high jack a thread but I will share details one day.  In a nut shell he walked into a mess with a lot of corruption (financial and sexual).  Members and leaders caught red handed covering for the pastor and other leaders. 

I thought he would come in and absolutely clean house.  He repeatedly said from the pulpit these people are going nowhere and if you don't like don't let the door hit you on the way out.  Those people are his right-hand men today.

I honestly believe he failed our church and then failed WHBC after the Tom trouble.  He didn't even make it past Gainesville before he wound up in the hospital near death.

I am beginning to think all IFB churches are corrupt.  I know that is not true but I am finding it more and more prevalent and am sick of it to be honest with ya. 

All the corruption was covered by a small core and when God blew the lid off the rest of the church was shocked.  They were very good at hiding things so why wouldn't Ross think to himself, these are people I need to be surrounded by. 

That's exactly what he did knowing they will let people or the church crash and burn and not say a word. 

Just me said:
Believe me you know my family and I am positive we know you. 

It is so sad that Tom was to proud to own up to his sin and step aside as most everyone seemed to want.  I 'm sure JAV was afraid to let it go to a vote so it turned as it did.  He would lose his free ticket to Israel and other freebies he enjoys as pastor emeritus.

Actually there are two different stories that I've heard

1. The deacons voted to retain Tom as pastor*
2. Some men asked/suggested he step down and he refused.

*said story comes from a retired colonel I know who still has "friends" at the compound

Cleardiamond said:
Just me said:
Believe me you know my family and I am positive we know you. 

It is so sad that Tom was to proud to own up to his sin and step aside as most everyone seemed to want.  I 'm sure JAV was afraid to let it go to a vote so it turned as it did.  He would lose his free ticket to Israel and other freebies he enjoys as pastor emeritus.

Actually there are two different stories that I've heard

1. The deacons voted to retain Tom as pastor*
2. Some men asked/suggested he step down and he refused.

*said story comes from a retired colonel I know who still has "friends" at the compound

And which one do you hold as more like the truth of the situation?

As for the two stories, they are both accurate. Neither conflict each other.

As an after thought, it really didn't matter what Tom, his daddy, or staff wanted in a vote or lack of vote. The membership held there own personal vote without them and voted with their feet by leaving.

Cicero said:
As for the two stories, they are both accurate. Neither conflict each other.

As an after thought, it really didn't matter what Tom, his daddy, or staff wanted in a vote or lack of vote. The membership held there own personal vote without them and voted with their feet by leaving.

Both are correct except I say JAV had a lot to do with the first one.

and your after thought is very accurate.

Better Not Bitter said:
Charity Baxter is the 1st and 2nd grade teacher.  I wondered if they put Caleb Bruner teaching upper elementary.

They put Caleb Bruner teaching the math and science in the high school.  Seems they have around 12 to 15 in the high school this year. (7 - 12 grade)  The other 40 or so are elementary kids which has always been the strength of WHBS.

But I am surprised at that number in the high school.