Not So Famous Quotes

abcaines

Staff member
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Some wit and witticisms from not so famous folks in your past.

"Some pastors are paid to be good. Not me. I'm good for nothing." - Keith Davy, pastor of Colonial Baptist Church and founder, Missions To Military .

"Eat your dinner....It'll make you big and strong!" My mother, talking to the then 6' 3", 345 lb me! LOL

"Why pray when you can worry?" - Ernest Varney, director, Pensacola Servicemen's Center.

The knockdown drag out going on in another thread reminded me of this quote. I'm not sure where it came from but it's a maxim I fall back on especially in our politically correct society.

"Saying you have an open mind is just another way of saying you have a hole in your head."

"hey guys... watch this!.... " .....spoken by a tourist moments before attempting a dangerous stunt.. ...which - unfortunately - would be his last...
An EMT friend was fond of saying, "You can't fix stupid but you can sedate and intubate it."

"You get to stay here one more day, have a warm bed, and 3 meals a day"

What my dad usually said when I, as a teenager, asked him what I would get after my putting in a hard days work around the farm.

"I am making $4000 a week working from home - you can, too! Click here for details."

Buy property now...no cash down....buy the course from Carleton Sheets! ;)

No quarter given; none offered.

Last edited: