Nov. 22 1963

16KJV11 said:
I have the same kind of rifle that Oswald was supposed to have shot JFK with...All I can say is, yeah, right...
You forgot, it was in a Marine's hand, chair force.

Anishinaabe

The Rogue Tomato said:
The CIA has 1,100 pages of information about the assassination that will not be released until 2018. 

Aha! If only we had the government version of events, everything would be perfectly clear!

Said no conspiracy theorist, ever.

Don't believe everything you've heard up until now.

OK, I don't believe you.

Ransom said:
Don't believe everything you've heard up until now.

OK, I don't believe you.

Very wise, because I got the date wrong.  It's 2017.

The question is, what information do they have (lies or truth, most likely lies) that they don't want to release until everyone who can contradict it or confirm it (or more likely, be prosecuted for it, if it's truth) is likely to be dead? 

If, for example, George HW Bush was part of a conspiracy to kill Kennedy (just a wild example), then he'll most likely be dead by the time this information comes out.  And if not, he'll be so old nobody would want to do anything about it.  Almost every other likely participant (Johnson, Dulles, etc.) are already dead.

The Rogue Tomato said:
The question is, what information do they have (lies or truth, most likely lies) that they don't want to release until everyone who can contradict it or confirm it (or more likely, be prosecuted for it, if it's truth) is likely to be dead?

Probably a bunch of very routine, boring documentation that is simply due to be declassified at the scheduled date because it's standard operating procedure.

Ransom said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

Probably a bunch of very routine, boring documentation that is simply due to be declassified at the scheduled date because it's standard operating procedure.

Yeah, that makes sense.  There was a lone shooter, no conspiracy, and everything there is to know about the assassination has been made public.  So they took this very information that everyone already knows and sealed it for national security reasons for 50+ years. 

EDIT:  Well, it IS the federal government.  They do stupid crap like that.

prophet said:
16KJV11 said:
I have the same kind of rifle that Oswald was supposed to have shot JFK with...All I can say is, yeah, right...
You forgot, it was in a Marine's hand, chair force.

Anishinaabe

Wasn't he a communist too?

The Rogue Tomato said:
Yeah, that makes sense.  There was a lone shooter, no conspiracy, and everything there is to know about the assassination has been made public.  So they took this very information that everyone already knows and sealed it for national security reasons for 50+ years.

And, there's probably a ton of stuff not having anything to do with assassinations or anything remotely controversial, which is still classified because bureaucrats haven't gotten around to it yet.

As you point out, the government does all sorts of senseless things. Why assume coverup when bureaucracy or stupidity will suffice?  And, anyway, they already publicly rendered their verdict. Who says they owe the buffs anything else?