Old Paths Conference

sword said:
I don't see the online college pulling many prospective students from West Coast, Golden State, HAC, or Crown. I think the target student for the online school will be laymen, part time staff who have full time secular jobs and long time pastors who want a paper to hang on the wall or even some bible training. Texas Independent Baptist Seminary never had too many students and Bob the First can't be helping much.

Those going into full time ministry are far more likely to go to one of the schools mentioned above not Web U.

If the right person was teaching the right online class I would consider taking it. Not likely to happen though.

I'm sure that this is what BG1 is telling everyone.

I don't trust ANY teacher that BG1 is likely to have

I don't have any problem with on-line learning; I would love to take some classes.

prophet said:
bgwilkinson said:
Finney was famous for his "New Measures" that have largely been adopted by the "Old Paths" crowd.

CHARLES GRANDISON FINNEY: FATHER OF AMERICAN REVIVALISM
https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/magazine/article/charles-grandison-finney/
If only Baptists would look into the past, and reject the nonsense that has infiltrated us!

earnestly contend

The odd thing is that I subscribed to that magazine for a year back in the 90s, and I'm pretty sure I remember reading that same article.

Walt said:
prophet said:
bgwilkinson said:
Finney was famous for his "New Measures" that have largely been adopted by the "Old Paths" crowd.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/magazine/article/charles-grandison-finney/
If only Baptists would look into the past, and reject the nonsense that has infiltrated us!

earnestly contend

The odd thing is that I subscribed to that magazine for a year back in the 90s, and I'm pretty sure I remember reading that same article.

[Christian History originally published this article in Christian History Issue 20 in 1988 ]

Perhaps you got one of the previous issues, or they republished it periodically.

bgwilkinson said:
Walt said:
prophet said:
bgwilkinson said:

earnestly contend

[Christian History originally published this article in Christian History Issue 20 in 1988 ]

Perhaps you got one of the previous issues, or they republished it periodically.

Or my memory isn't what it used to be... I think I was invited to their first year of publishing, so if they actually started in 1988, it may be then.

It should always be remembered the "OLD PATHS" were the "NEW PATHS" until enough people walked that way for them to be commonly accepted.

sword said:
It should always be remembered the "OLD PATHS" were the "NEW PATHS" until enough people walked that way for them to be commonly accepted.

Churches used to let people teach who seemed to be spiritual and had a desire to teach.

But then John R Rice came along and began insisting that no one could teach unless he became a door-to-door salesman for God, selling heaven to people for the price of a prayer.

Because it "worked" for him (got numbers up), it began to be promoted at his conferences, etc, as "the thing to do".